Average Rating: 3

I Fragrance Notes

I information

I is a women's fragrance by Puredistance. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of I

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.

sjg3839's avatar

Like this one. Unisex and soapy fragrance that contains a nice dose of neroli. I always smell fragrances first to see what notes can be detected. The first notes I detected were neroli, jasmine and vetiver. One or two sprays are all you need. This one is potent. 7.5/10

13 April, 2014

Darvant's avatar

Lucky to try this light (but tenacious) ambery juice. An average (but cleverly crafted and balanced) musky floral to me which  finally smells soapy and slightly cosmetics type despite a sort of  almost fresh, orangy, airy, a bit chemical and lymphatic beginning. The juice for a while  is "opened", floral and radiant in a musky way  (but almost rooms refreshing deodorant kind) with an heady mimosa and a sort of "victorian" soapy rose that slides more and more towards the cream ( a delicate ambery one). The latter is never dense but even fresh by a light musk and watered by an aqueous kind of vetiver . This scent could smell like a sort of rapture for the lovers of the genre but objectively is poor in real refinement and structure. Great projection.

31st August, 2012 (Last Edited: 01st September, 2012)

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Opens with a certain brandied sophistication, but is ultimately a lacklustre overblended sweetish floral upon a foundation of synthetics of room freshener quality. Looks like they blew the budget on the top notes, leaving nothing for the base. The pure parfum shtick of Puredistance is a bit of a con in this instance – longevity for this is pretty average and it shrinks to a skin scent within minutes.

29 June, 2012

michailG's avatar

Puredistance I is an olfactory creation extremely potent and with great projection ... that is if one likes it. I happened to like puredistance I for it's smooth creamy accord that I find that a touch too soon turns into a well made amber composition. The liquid in the vial is evidently oily therefore the 30 something % concentration is probably true and the reason why this concoction is so powerful. It is understandably considered a women's perfume although men could carry this quite successfully if one uses it moderately. I have tried a couple of great amber perfumes and I think that this is one of the best because it is well balanced, sensual but surprisingly wearable. I probably repeat myself by saying that anyone who wears this should do so with caution and moderation in order to avoid sour looks. I would consider this a perfume I would, and will, wear for a special evening.

Ingredients: Fresh Tangerine Blossom, Cassis, Neroli Bigarade, Magnolia, Rose Wardia, Jasmine, Natural Mimosa, Sweet Amber, Vetiver, White Musk.

I wish I could say that I can detect the ingredients listed above on the website of puredistance, but I cannot; this, however, doesn't make this creation any less enjoyable. I think that this one would be, if it is not already, a very big success in the more affluent Arab countries, where the so called "heavy" perfumes are more in demand. Puredistance I is definitely not a eau, but a powerhouse of delight for those who like this sort of perfumery.

Finally, I totally sympathize with alfarom. For one thing he seems to dislike the perfume, and in addition finds the price tag irrational. I, on the other hand, found an almost full tester of puredistance I at the Epicurista in Lisbon and tried it. I loved it and asked if they would sell the tester to me. I bought it for 25€ just a few days ago. I know ... good for me! But I think that's what perfume lovers do best ... get advantage of bargains even where there seem not to be any. But this has been a bargain only because I liked the perfume ... otherwise it would have been just a waste of 25€. Would I have payed the 165€ puredistance asks for? Simply, no.

23 June, 2012

alfarom's avatar

High-end anti-aging cream type of smell. Inoffensive watery/ozonic floral that's nowhere close being even barely distinctive or interesting. Not to talk about the overall ozonic vibe.. Is this what you'd expect from an over 2000 bucks fragrance?

Do you like this smell? Get a Carita face cream. It's cheaper and, at least, it moisturizes.

23 April, 2012