Myrrhe et Délires (2012)

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Myrrhe et Délires

Part of the "L'Art et la Matière" collection.

Myrrhe et Délires fragrance notes

Reviews of Myrrhe et Délires

As I'm inching closer to my final line-up, I've had to be tough with my Guerlains - L'Heure Bleue, for example, doesn't make it (except I'll finish the small vintage parfum I have, it's delightfully trashy and rich compared to the candied floral that is the current EDP), and neither does Chamade, Tonka Imperial, Cuir Beluga, or the much vaunted Apres L'Ondee. Testing Myrrhe et Delires under such tough conditions reveals my lines in the sand. A few years ago, I would have forgiven this scent its flaccid body and performance for its charming violety-irisy topnotes, which smell like those lilac-colored macarons in the window of Laduree, or what I imagine the pastry scenes in Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette must have smelled like - all spun sugar, candied violets, and sugar paste roses. If I'd tested this during my violet phase, fuddabboutit. Would have sold my soul, probably.

But honestly, from where I'm sitting now, Myrrhe et Delires doesn't make the cut. Full marks for rendering the bullish myrrh - a material whose darkish, mushroom-water tonalities usually drown delicate floral notes like candied violet - into a lace doiley's worth of frothy anise and soft bready notes. Taken together, Myrrhe et Delires smells like Chowder's violets and those soft black licorice rolls so sweet and mild that you could feed them to babies. Also, with great age comes wisdom - I can tell you that Guerlain's own Black Perfecto is a much punchier, improved spin on the same idea. I own that one, and although it hasn't yet made it across the finish line to join Mitsouko, Shalimar, Vol de Nuit, Jicky, and Encens Myhtique d' Orient on my 'to keep' shelf, it's far more satisfying than this bloodless prototype.
24th March, 2020
The myrrh is accompanied by licorice (a note I don't like) and it has a sweet opening which gets even sweeter and candy like , really too sweet for my taste. The dry down is a linear, not as sweet as the beginning, made of myrrh, tonka and vanilla with a slight incense note.
09th October, 2018
jPhx Show all reviews
A soft iris amber aroma with just a hint of patchouli and myrrhe, the opening experience of Guerlain's Myrrhe & Délires will not disappoint. Initially the pepper is quite striking, yet never sharp nor tangy with the accompanying citrus, so cannot become intrusive to those seeking the balmy softness that comforting myrrhe brings. Both pepper and citrus perceptions seem to quickly melt away leaving a trace of faint florals and frankincense entwined with the light liquorice that emanates and remains close to the skin.

An elysian scent that one might place upon a soft scarf when keeping snug during the cooler days of late autumn or one could layer, complementing any of one's favorite notes already found within Myrrhe & Délires. This muted and gentle perfume should not disappoint those who prefer a misting and scented veil.
16th October, 2012
Upscale version of Dior Homme Intense.
30th April, 2012
I was disappointed in this. Pepper, myrrh, frankincense... should be marvelous. And for a while it was pretty good. The myrrh was very smooth, and there were hints of pepper in the background. The effect was languid and yet compelling, as myrrh can be. Then, the scent turned on me and developed a very tiresome iris-peachy-amber note. It became sweet and eventually so unpleasant that I had to wash it off... and it took four washings. Iris is not a note I particularly care for, and here it was quite nutty/powdery/sweet. Perhaps others will enjoy more of the notes but I only liked a few of them. And I never noticed a green coniferous frankincense at all.
08th April, 2012

Add your review of Myrrhe et Délires

Shop for Myrrhe et Délires products online

Authentic La Goutte de Guerlain Myrrhe et Delires 20ml Travel Spray VERY RARE

End Date: Sunday Apr-12-2020 12:28:55 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $149.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Myrrhe et Délires

There are no member images of Myrrhe et Délires yet. Why not be the first?