Idole Eau de Parfum (2011)
by Lubin

Idole Eau de Parfum information

Year of Launch2011

HouseLubin
PerfumerOlivia Giacobetti
Parent CompanyLubin

About Idole Eau de Parfum

Idole Eau de Parfum is a shared / unisex perfume by Lubin. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti

Idole Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Idole Eau de Parfum

I'm not sure if my sample is wrong, but this is not what I remembered when I tested Idols EDT some years back. That was saffron and leather, not miles from Safran Troublant, a favourite of mine.

The sample I have of the EDP is a harsh, spiced orange pomander that I find highly unpleasant.

Hopefully my sample is wrong, because this is terrible.
13th November, 2019

Excellent opening… bitter orange, rum, and visceral spices: it’s a serious and dark accord, but it is certainly not as aggressive as its darkness would indicate. Assisting with the openings seriousness are the heart’s wood and incense which are already forming a firm platform of serious richness. This platform is a tempered by a judicious hint of natural sweetness in the heart brought about by a sugar cane note.

The base doubles-down in richness with labdanum, leather, and sandalwood. I for one am pleased that the impact of the leather is softer in this EDP than it was in the original Idole – the low impact of the leather as well as the subtle richness of the whole fragrance makes Idole de Lubin EDP a definite candidate for purchase for me.
19th December, 2016
Unnecessary. I completely agree with the Alfarom's review below, " this is a sweeter, less leathery and less balanced" out of focus version of the better Edt formula. Idole Edp is finally a less complex and more syrupy superfluous variation of the original Idole (which is more elegant, virile, sophisticated and urban). An almost indie (it conjures me vaguely Slumberhouse Jeke with its excess of honeyed-sugary sticky spiciness) mellifluous (but not more durable on skin) vest for a classic boozy-spicy renowned fragrance from Lubin.
19th November, 2016
To me, this fragrance has a great deal in common with Serge Lutens' Chergui. However, where Chergui can be almost oppressive in intensity, Idole is softer, more pleasant, and infinitely easier to live with. I bought a sample of this along with Indult's Reve de Cuir. I really enjoy wearing Reve de Cuir and it seems to work much better with my chemistry than Idole.
20th November, 2015
Idole edp has a very good, even great opening with rum, saffron and the other ingredients creating a spicy, boozy effect. I really like this phase of the fragrance; unfortunately it doesn't persist beyond one hour or so. The booziness disappears, the spices become soft and unexciting and a nondescript woody vibe emerges. I almost feel cheated.

Projection is good in the beginning, but everything dies down quickly. Poor longevity.
18th March, 2015
Olivia Giacobetti is one of the few perfumers who can effortlessly convince me to go around smelling like a pudding – she did it with Safran Troublant, and here she does it again. Partly it is to do with the lightness and sureness of her touch – these confections don’t feel cloying and heavy; partly it’s the subtlety of her approach. Idole has a core of elusiveness that keeps my nostrils awake.
Orange, rum, sugar cane (that slightly fermented sweetness that’s at the edges of this creation) and the candied vanilla tones of labdanum, combine to create something quite indulgent and boozy, but handled ever so deftly. Wild cards like cumin and sharp, dry, woody notes are incorporated skilfully – they’re there, but just, giving body to the overall creation without distracting from its lusciousness. The woods do emerge more with time but in a progression that’s measured, without losing the boozy sweetness that’s the identity of this perfume.
If there’s a miss-step here it’s in the foot firmly planted in the amber camp, which gives Idole EDP a density and even obviousness it really doesn’t need. I need to track down the EDT which from all accounts has greater transparency.
15th January, 2015

Idole de Lubin EDP Sample

End Date: Friday Mar-20-2020 11:18:03 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $12.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Idole de Lubin Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz/ 100 ml. Full, in box. Discontinued.

End Date: Saturday Mar-21-2020 10:13:19 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $299.90

Member images of Idole Eau de Parfum

There are no member images of Idole Eau de Parfum yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Idole Eau de Parfum