Mon Numéro 10 (2011)

PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Mon Numéro 10

Mon Numéro 10 is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

Mon Numéro 10 fragrance notes

Reviews of Mon Numéro 10

Attractive opening – bergamot and booze with a pink pepper bite (well… more like a nibble)… It’s quite fresh and unique. Maybe it’s the incense (olibanum) from middle level that gives that smooth resinousness to the boozy (cognac) opening accord… whatever… it’s remarkably enjoyable, and I’m in love. Ah… This is L’Artisan at its best… delivering a fulfilling yet eccentric opening that does an excellent job of setting the groundwork for the remainder of the fragrance.

The middle level provides a much fuller and almost as enjoyable heart accord: The cognac sparkle is reduced a little, but it’s there. A sophisticated floral accord with rose, geranium, and jasmine is added... I wouldn’t call the florals prominent; they are more like a textured layer within a well-structured accord. I also get a slight background of spice and they are the spices I love: cinnamon and cardamom. Again, this is L’Artisan very near its best… offering a full, warm, attractive accord that doesn’t call attention to itself, rather it is aimed at providing a sophisticated and rich aura for the wearer.

I don’t get the amber and sweet until the base begins to form. The base lists a lot of notes but what it forms to my nose is an amber / cedar / sweet accord. I don’t get leather or musk and I labeled the third element “sweet” because the base lists musk, benzoin, vanilla, and tonka bean – and there’s no way I can separate individual notes from the accord. With all those sweetening agents listed, the result is certainly not an overload of sweet … The “sweet” level is perfect as far as I’m concerned.

Mon Numero 10 has unbelievable longevity and it retains the pleasant booze (or is it incense?) note to its distant end as a mannered skin scent: Complex, sophisticated, comfortable, lively… another sure purchase for me.
07th February, 2016
Well made, well blended, interesting. I enjoy the Olibanum and the herbs. Slightly Amber, slightly sweet, slightly Citrus, slightly Peppery. Complex enough to keep my interest, with nothing sticking out and spoiling the well rounded totality.
16th November, 2015
Incense, amber, metal, bug spray and blood. It quite overwhelmed my nose! Sadly, this one was a scrubber for me. Weird and distinctly unpleasant, like watching a Clive Barker movie. (apologies to any CB fans out there!)
10th August, 2014
Kaern Show all reviews
I think L'Artisan was the role model for ELdO. Their fragrances have always seemed a touch quirky to me. MN #10 is no different. It's basically an incense over amber scent, but it has a sort of steely/flinty aura about it. At some points during it's progression, I thought I was wearing Messe de Minuit. Long lasting and very nice.
07th August, 2014
Crayola Crayons. The 52-piece set in a New uncracked Box... bottled. Still can´t decide if I like to smell like 'em, but if you loved that smell of freshly colored figures on manilla paper as a child (and I did), this is heaven.

I have never smelled a WAXIER take on the mineral-ridden incense vibe, and the atlas cedar just enforces the image (as if the crayons have now become wax pencils carved with a sharpener, leaving the cedar shavings that add a rich and spicy woody veneer to the whole composition.

Odd, but delicious, and very long-lasting.
03rd May, 2013

Add your review of Mon Numéro 10

Shop for Mon Numéro 10 products online

Shop for Mon Numéro 10 at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Mon Numéro 10

Member images of Mon Numéro 10

There are no member images of Mon Numéro 10 yet. Why not be the first?