34 Boulevard Saint Germain (2011)
    by Diptyque

Average Rating: 4

Based on 51 ratings

34 Boulevard Saint Germain Fragrance Notes

34 Boulevard Saint Germain information

34 Boulevard Saint Germain is a unisex fragrance by Diptyque. The scent was launched in 2011

Shop for 34 Boulevard Saint Germain products online

50ml EdT

Reviews of 34 Boulevard Saint Germain

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.

The_Cologneist's avatar

34 Boulevard Saint Germain is a very well crafted fragrance, that hits me from many angles. My only gripe are the florals, making it a little powdery. This basically smells like an updated and more complex version of Obsession for men. That's if somebody were to ask me to compare it to something... while at the same time, it certainly has its own character.

There's so much going on in this fragrance. It's resinous, deep, but also citric, floral, woodsy, spicy, and pretty much any category you can think of expect aquatic/fruity, although it is a little fruity. The bottle is beautiful too.

I'm not big on niche, I find many niche offerings to be unwearable because the taste is just too acquired. Even with 34 Boulevard Saint Germain being probably the most complex and different offering from Diptyque that I have tried, it's still very wearable. The one time I wore it out, from my sample, I got a compliment too. Although this isn't something I would buy, because it's a little too floral/powdery, I can't deny that it's a beautiful fragrance. Diptyque, keep up the good work. Eau Duelle is one of my favorites ever. The quality of your fragrances show, and the art work in the perfumery is unmistakable.

03rd December, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Oriental

I can’t help but feel that the brief behind this anniversary release is misguided: attempting to capture the olfactory atmosphere inside the Diptyque flagship store almost guarantees a disorganized mish-mash of perfumes and scented candles. Indeed, the disparate elements thrown together here not only fail to cohere into a solid structure; they actually manage to cancel one another out. Reminders of older Diptyque scents flash by in the top notes - some fig sap from Philosykos, a dab of cinnamon and clove from Eau Lente, some zesty green notes from L’Ombre dans l’Eau - but the overall impression is muddled, congested and ultimately bland.

Once the initial flurry of floral, green, and spice notes settles down, 34 Boulevard St. Germain emerges as a relatively undistinguished and straightforward amber oriental fragrance with a mildly interesting overlay of fig. The fig and sweet amber accord is linear and long-lasting, as I have come to expect from a Diptyque fragrance, but it lacks the character displayed so boldly in this house’s early offerings, much less any sense of the occasion its release was meant to celebrate.

09th July, 2014

Francolino's avatar

feeble sillage and rather linear on cinnamon!

02nd April, 2014

drseid's avatar

I have vacillated back and forth as to whether to attempt describing individual notes for the usual objective portion of the review, but in the end I don't think I could possibly do 34 Boulevard Saint Germain proper justice as there are a ton of ingredients and they are all so well-blended that it just is near impossible to capture them all so I'm not even going to try... Instead, I think I will just give some general impressions of what I smell and my thoughts about the end result... For reference, projection is excellent and longevity exceptional at about 15 hours on skin.

White florals and dulled rose mix with a slightly sweet clove and eucalyptus infused smooth woody incense primary heart accord over candle wax-like iris. The end result is highly complex and quite unique, but completely versatile and easy to wear. I have read elsewhere that Diptyque was going for an approximation of the smell of entering their flagship store with the scent of candles, incense sticks and fragrances wafting in the air. While I have never been there myself, I can definitely visualize the picture well from what I am sniffing for sure. There pretty much is a bit of everything in the composition and it would be all too easy to completely overdo it, yet 34 Boulevard Saint Germain just plain works. The bottom line is despite its enormous list of ingredients and great complexity the $120 per 100ml bottle 34 Boulevard Saint Germain by Dyptique is an amazingly easy to wear success that earns a strong 4 star out of 5 rating and is highly recommended to all.

19th December, 2013

Bal a Versailles's avatar

100 not out

To my nose, troubled by Vegas air con, this is a dead ringer for the Courant (Helena Rubenstein) I used to wear in the seventies. There's a whiff of Yatagan as the dry down begins and you are reminded that this is gender neutral. It has been my companion in the scorching heat of Las Vegas these last couple of days. How could I not love it? Nothing survives this heat without a bit of respite and in the cooler air conditioned air 34 Boulevard reveals pipe tobacco, spice, patchouli, and ..Courant. It's he best Diptyque on me and well worth trying

Pros: Captivating Oriental Spicy
    Cons: Been done before

17th June, 2013

Jkidd's avatar

This is the best offering from Diptyque. It smells like Philosykos, L'ombre Dans Leau, L'eau, and Tam Dao all at once to my nose. However, it s very well blended. Although I don't own it, I received several compliments from the samples I had over the summer! Very unique...a must try.

24th November, 2012

Add your review of 34 Boulevard Saint Germain

Search for on eBay United States

34 Boulevard St. Germain by Diptyque 3.4 oz/ 100 ml Eau de Toilette Spray Tester
    • Time Left: 9 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Diptyque 34 2ml ...34 Boulevard Saint Germain, Baies, Philosykos, Perfume Sample
    • Time Left: 27 days
    (Shipping from Australia)
    Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml/1.7oz
    • Time Left: 20 days
    (* converted from AUD 136.95) Ebay United States
    (Shipping from Hong Kong)
    Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml
    • Time Left: 21 days
    (Shipping from Australia)
    Diptyque 34 Boulevard St. Germain Women's Eau De Toilette Fragrance. 1.7 fl oz.
    • Time Left: 25 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    DIPTYQUE DO SON 100 ML EDT SPRAY BY 34 BOULEVARD SAINT GERMAIN (LAST ONE)
    • Time Left: 16 days
    Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml
    • Time Left: 28 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray Tester With Cap
    • Time Left: 29 days