34 Boulevard Saint Germain (2011)
by Diptyque

34 Boulevard Saint Germain information

Year of Launch2011

HouseDiptyque
Parent CompanyManzanita

About 34 Boulevard Saint Germain

34 Boulevard Saint Germain is a shared / unisex perfume by Diptyque. The scent was launched in 2011

34 Boulevard Saint Germain fragrance notes

Reviews of 34 Boulevard Saint Germain

I found this rather unique and refreshing in the beginning. I won't attempt a description of notes as I honestly have very little knack for that. However, didn't register any violet (which I think was why I ordered a sample) but instead found on my skin the combination of notes gave off a prominent lemongrass smell. I don't see lemongrass in the notes so can only assume it was a combination of other notes. Not sure if it's bottle worthy for me yet but I would definitely like to have a decant around for for the spring and maybe fall.
02nd September, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
A fruity top note, a berry fruitiness with a brighter citrus touch up that only lasts very briefly. Soon a mild clove spiciness emerges to then reveal a floral potpourri of heart notes. These are mainly a pleasant geranium, a somewhat castrated weak rose, and a lovely iris thrown in. More of a brighter floral mix and not really sweet.

The sweetness I get in the later stage is mainly due to a slowly increasing intensity of a well-executed cinnamon note, which is like the golden thread that holds this rather disparate blend together, and which has a woodsy undertone later on. Closer towards the ends it develops nigh-medicinal balsamic characteristics at times, to then take on a gently resinous nature that fits in very well with the base note mélange.

The performance is very good: I get moderate sillage, very good projection and a respectable seven hours of longevity on my skin. A nice spring/autumn creation, complex but with sufficient structure such as not to appear chaotic. 3.25/5.
28th December, 2015
A lovely, opulent scent. Billed as unisex but perhaps more feminine in style. Sweet but not cloying, rich but not heavy.
Spices are well done and appear early. The floral heart is very attractive and combines the various notes successfully, creating a fresh, beautiful chord. The finale is attractive, hinting at woods and resins.
20th June, 2015
Gorgeous fragrance from Diptyque. 34BStG is a very elegant scent that to me is floral dominant. It starts off with a vegetative green and spice, but quickly transitions to the floral middle notes. Initially I got a lot of the stronger rose, tuberose and violet. It then transitions to the softer geranium and iris. Like most Diptyque fragrances it's easily unisex and could be worn naturally by either male or female. Great longevity, with average to just below average sillage, however it lasted on my skin well over6 hours and was still lingering on my wrist the following morning. It appeals to me as a more formal fragrance that should be worn in the evening to a nice dinner or special occasion. It's a certain Thumbs Up.
23rd May, 2015
The idea behind this perfume was simple but genius: create a perfume that recreated the odors seeping out of the wood panels in the Diptyque boutique on 34 Boulevard St. Germain in Paris – a sort of mélange of the scents from the various perfumes and candles in the store.

By all rights, it should have been a hot mess. But despite being made up of bits of other Diptyque perfumes, it turns out to have a lively, definite personality all of its own. The top notes are a clever re-working of the best bits of L’Ombre Dans L’Eau – the tart berries and vivid, snapped-stem greens of the opening (without the lurid raspberry rose jam), and the milky green fig leaf of the luscious Philosykos.

Quickly joined by a faintly urinous grapefruit and soft pink rose, the fig leaf, blackcurrants, and green notes seem to glow like rubies against a backdrop of woods and resins. The top notes and early heart have this energizing sourness to them that really quenches my thirst for something zesty and alive-feeling on a warm spring day.

The heart is rose and grapefruit, insistently spiced with either clove or cinnamon (hello Eau Lente!). Thankfully, unlike Eau Lente, it doesn’t make you think of Red Hots. There is even a faint, watery tuberose note in the heart that may be a reference to Do Son. The base is woods and resins – the wonderfully natural Diptyque cedar, and an almost creamy, lavender-inflected oppoponax.

And oh, that cedar. Only Diptyque and Serge Lutens do cedar this well. I mean that it smells like fresh, sappy wood, and is utterly free of the insistent radiance of Iso E Super or Norlimbanol. Because the woods don’t have their life not extended by synthetic boosters, the longevity on 34 is average at best.
12th May, 2015
34 Boulevard Saint Germain is a very well crafted fragrance, that hits me from many angles. My only gripe are the florals, making it a little powdery. This basically smells like an updated and more complex version of Obsession for men. That's if somebody were to ask me to compare it to something... while at the same time, it certainly has its own character.

There's so much going on in this fragrance. It's resinous, deep, but also citric, floral, woodsy, spicy, and pretty much any category you can think of expect aquatic/fruity, although it is a little fruity. The bottle is beautiful too.

I'm not big on niche, I find many niche offerings to be unwearable because the taste is just too acquired. Even with 34 Boulevard Saint Germain being probably the most complex and different offering from Diptyque that I have tried, it's still very wearable. The one time I wore it out, from my sample, I got a compliment too. Although this isn't something I would buy, because it's a little too floral/powdery, I can't deny that it's a beautiful fragrance. Diptyque, keep up the good work. Eau Duelle is one of my favorites ever. The quality of your fragrances show, and the art work in the perfumery is unmistakable.
03rd December, 2014

Add your review of 34 Boulevard Saint Germain

Shop for 34 Boulevard Saint Germain products online

Shop for 34 Boulevard Saint Germain at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for 34 Boulevard Saint Germain

Member images of 34 Boulevard Saint Germain

There are no member images of 34 Boulevard Saint Germain yet. Why not be the first?