34 Boulevard Saint Germain (2011)
    by Diptyque

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

34 Boulevard Saint Germain Fragrance Notes

Shop for 34 Boulevard Saint Germain products online

Reviews of 34 Boulevard Saint Germain

Showing 1 to 6 of 10 reviews.
    positive 8 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 2 Negative Reviews

Francolino's avatar
    Francolino

feeble sillage and rather linear on cinnamon!

02 April, 2014

drseid's avatar
    drseid

I have vacillated back and forth as to whether to attempt describing individual notes for the usual objective portion of the review, but in the end I don't think I could possibly do 34 Boulevard Saint Germain proper justice as there are a ton of ingredients and they are all so well-blended that it just is near impossible to capture them all so I'm not even going to try... Instead, I think I will just give some general impressions of what I smell and my thoughts about the end result... For reference, projection is excellent and longevity exceptional at about 15 hours on skin.

White florals and dulled rose mix with a slightly sweet clove and eucalyptus infused smooth woody incense primary heart accord over candle wax-like iris. The end result is highly complex and quite unique, but completely versatile and easy to wear. I have read elsewhere that Diptyque was going for an approximation of the smell of entering their flagship store with the scent of candles, incense sticks and fragrances wafting in the air. While I have never been there myself, I can definitely visualize the picture well from what I am sniffing for sure. There pretty much is a bit of everything in the composition and it would be all too easy to completely overdo it, yet 34 Boulevard Saint Germain just plain works. The bottom line is despite its enormous list of ingredients and great complexity the $120 per 100ml bottle 34 Boulevard Saint Germain by Dyptique is an amazingly easy to wear success that earns a strong 4 star out of 5 rating and is highly recommended to all.

19 December, 2013

Bal a Versailles's avatar
    Bal a Versailles

100 not out

To my nose, troubled by Vegas air con, this is a dead ringer for the Courant (Helena Rubenstein) I used to wear in the seventies. There's a whiff of Yatagan as the dry down begins and you are reminded that this is gender neutral. It has been my companion in the scorching heat of Las Vegas these last couple of days. How could I not love it? Nothing survives this heat without a bit of respite and in the cooler air conditioned air 34 Boulevard reveals pipe tobacco, spice, patchouli, and ..Courant. It's he best Diptyque on me and well worth trying

Pros: Captivating Oriental Spicy
    Cons: Been done before

17 June, 2013

Jkidd's avatar
    Jkidd

This is the best offering from Diptyque. It smells like Philosykos, L'ombre Dans Leau, L'eau, and Tam Dao all at once to my nose. However, it s very well blended. Although I don't own it, I received several compliments from the samples I had over the summer! Very unique...a must try.

24 November, 2012

drakecito's avatar
    drakecito
    Spain Spain

Puaaaajjj!!!
    Light floral with some species.
    Lasts about 20 min.
    Is this a niche frag ??.

A total disaster from Diptyque.

14 November, 2012

Silleur's avatar
    Silleur

Normally, the middle notes would have been a deal-killer for me.

However, the initial scents and then the very-long dry-down are so amazing to me.

I cannot stop sniffing my wrist nor the whiff from my chest when I "puff" my shirt.

Others have been complimentary of the scent on my skin, too.

I've been wearing this for several consecutive days (rare for m), and it is an impressive journey.

I was not planning to be impressed with 34. This has now become THE signature for me.

04 September, 2012