Pentachord Auburn (2011)

Average Rating:

Pentachord Auburn Fragrance notes

Cinnamon, Lemon tree, Sandalwood, Ambergris, Tobacco leaves

Pentachord Auburn information

Pentachord Auburn is a unisex fragrance by Tauer. The scent was launched in 2011

Reviews of Pentachord Auburn

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive No Positive Reviews • neutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative 1 Negative Reviews

efemmeral's avatar

This smells like the sweet sherbet of yellow broom flowers. These flowers bloom in mid spring and their fragrance is volatile, radiant and persistent. I usually detect them two blocks away from the plant on a still day. Sweet lolly fun they seem like a burst of artificial fragrance outdoors. I love passing them and sniffing them.

But I do not want to spray it upon my good self and walk about smelling thus for 12 hours (that's how long it lasts spritzers!).

Unfortunately the subtleties of tobacco and ambergris elude me. The late late dry down is very pleasant and balanced, but at the 12 hour mark is also almost undetectable. I want that dry down with a tiny breath of the hilarious sherbet.

21st February, 2014

ForeverEndeavor's avatar

Andy Tauer is a fine perfumer, one of my favorites, but this one is so-so. It really gets better and better as it dries down, but it IS rather harsh on application. If you have patience and are just bumming around the garden or something this can be very enjoyable, but I would take basically any of his other fragrances over this one if I was leaving the house.

12th June, 2012

alfarom's avatar

Forgive me Mr.Tauer but Auburn is surely a no-go for me. Tobacco-Cinnamon flavoured bubblegum with the typical harshness of orange flowers. An immediate scrubber.

02nd June, 2012