Pentachord Verdant (2011)

AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseTauer
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About Pentachord Verdant

Pentachord Verdant is a shared / unisex perfume by Tauer. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Andy Tauer

Pentachord Verdant fragrance notes

Reviews of Pentachord Verdant

A green minty rooty smell with a strong smell of soil is what I'm getting on first application to my skin. This then settles on your skin smelling like soil with a bit of minty green. Eventually a tobacco note joins with the minty green soil aroma.

Lol.... This is one of those artistic fragrances where you can admire what the creator has done but cannot actually wear it.

Imagine taking a plant from the earth. You get the green smell from the roots as well as the smell of soil sticking to the roots. Well thats what this scent smells like.

To sum up a very interesting scent that is more like art to be admired than something you can actually wear.
04th June, 2014
I wanted to like this, I really did. But a synthetic sourness keeps making me think of being wrapped in cellophane. For me, there is no overarching composition, more a jangling mixture which leaves me waiting for something that never arrives.
Happily there are many other scents by Mr Tauer which are adorable!
28th December, 2013
Mainly desk-bound in my daily routine, I tend to idealize the outdoor life. The opening of this perfume is the ideal accompaniment to this longing to be more of a nature boy. A thrilling combination of trodden green leaves (tomato, mint) with hyper-real wet earth takes me straight to a fantasy forest. Alright, so there's someone smoking a pipe in there, too – but hey, nothing wrong with a bit of discreet company. It's that earth note that really touches my heart. Sadly, it recedes quite a bit in the progression and the leafiness tends to dominate – here PV loses some of its uniqueness, with echoes of other (cheaper) green perfumes becoming a bit of a distraction. It's still lovable, but I'm not sure I'd invest in a bottle. It recovers some of the territory it lost in the deep drydown (4 hours in), where the tobacco and a pretty dry amber beautifully anchor the composition. For me, this is easy to wear in all its stages; people who find some of the notes odd may disagree.
08th June, 2012
Verdant opens greeeeeeeen and weird with a destabilizing combo of leaves, wet earthy notes and something sweet that I would call cotton candy. Pretty bizarre. The fragrance stays linear for quite a while to then introduce a synthetic woody/ambery base enriched by the typical Tauer's incense note. A mentholated presence surrounds the area reinforcing the general green vibe. No leather to my nose...

IMO, the level of appreciation of Verdant is strongly related to one's personal grade of appreciation of synthetic woody/ambery bases. Me? I quite like it and find it to be pretty original but it somehow fails to coalesce into something outstanding.

No longevity issues. Nice projection.
26th February, 2012

Add your review of Pentachord Verdant

Shop for Pentachord Verdant products online

Search Amazon for Pentachord Verdant

Member images of Pentachord Verdant

There are no member images of Pentachord Verdant yet. Why not be the first?