1861 (2011)

About 1861

1861 is a shared / unisex perfume by Xerjoff. The scent was launched in 2011

1861 fragrance notes

Reviews of 1861

This is a bitter fresh, green, herbal and minty fragrance which is a very good choice for hot summer days.
The opening is fresh and slightly tart lime scent that actually I can smell much more the bitterness of the lime's peel instead of the fruit. there is also some mint mixed with it that just makes scent more green and more bitter.
Simple but very pleasant and natural.

In the mid I do get the same smell but now fresh and tart lime is gone and I can smell only bitter lime's peel aroma and mint along with a clean and kind of soapy aura mixed with it and some sweetness in the background.
This the place that scent disappears from my skin and there is no any sign of it! many people get very good longevity but it last only 2 hours on my skin and then it's completely gone. projection is above average.
30th April, 2015
I could see people enjoying this, and there are notes I like myself: fresh, herbal, after-shave reminiscent, citrus-cologne type notes; mixed with the Xerjoff signature that doesn't click with me.
20th April, 2015
As you all know by now my reviews are not as wordy as I'd like them to be :)

This is my first Xerjoff and am pleased to say that from top to base this fragrance is over the top. I not sure if anyone really has a signature scent, but this could well be one of mine.

Superb!!
09th April, 2015
The Xerjoff boutique has the listed notes as : Tangerine, Bergamot, Rose, Lily of the Valley, Mint, Amber, Patchouli and Cedar.

Quality? Yes, in spades and each note can be clearly identified in remarkable fashion. I enjoy citric openings as much as the next person, but this is tantamount to the nuance differences in regular cable and B-ray high definition.

The citrus in the top accord lasts an extraordinary length of time compared to most. It smells extravagant even for a citric opening, but this scent never gets stuffy. After some time has lapsed, a soft and unassuming menthol slides in. Like numerous other enthusiasts, I can have a difficult time with mint depending upon the implementation. This rendition is extremely deft and ( on me ), it's literally hiding behind the oncoming Lily of the Valley. I should note that I get the LOTV first, with the mint right on its coattails. The result is an extremely good accord with longevity.

Slowly, the wearings revealed soft, dusty rose, subtle hints of patchouli and woody amber. The mint is still there, even in the drydown phase, set on perfect volume like the rest of the cast. Quality to me is the totality of a composition. I have no idea what each house uses in terms of ingredient expense and I personally could care less. It either smells like a quality creation or it does not. Totality is the result of thought, effort and tinkering. Quality doesn't seem likely to be rushed........and Xerjoff 1861 smells like someone took their sweet time in finally signing off on it.

Suffice it to say that this fragrance is Italian in feel like it's supposed to be and an excellent wear. If I had 3 thumbs, they'd pointing upward.
11th March, 2015
A nicely done cologne. The citruses are wonderful and fresh, especially the lemon, but the opening is so short-lived. You would have to spray this on right before any event for others to enjoy their beauty.
So what of the rest of the fragrance? There is a sprightly mint note in the heart that produces a green pertness along with a cool green presence from, I believe, lily of the valley. They play well off the citruses and for a short time create a lilting quality, a green light fresh garden air, a bright song. The effect is short-lived and becomes a little more solidly mint as it ages. In the dry down, the mint melds into a pale musky wood, becoming a soft minted skin scent. All in all, very nice. But...
Colognes being what they are, this isn't a long-lasting fragrance. I tell myself it's part of their charm because I have no choice, but to be honest their scintillating freshness always frustrates me a little, like holding a butterfly in your hand. Though lovely, it's so ephemeral... and so pricey. I just won't buy it because there are other great colognes I could apply three times as often for the same price, getting three times the pleasure, than I can 1861. But it's quite nice.
03rd February, 2015 (last edited: 10th March, 2015)
First Xerjoff, finally! And, guys, Im starting to see why Xerjoff is so highly praised. 1861 is an amazing fragrance, filled with quality ingredients! Yes, this is another level! 1861 gives the best quality citrus Ive come across. The opening is incredible, with a fresh citrus blast, followed by a more "feminine" area of a citrusy-floral scent. The drydown itself is very, very good.

The freshness of this fragrances is amazing and with get also a green/aromatic vibe here. Sparkling, clean, sophisticated, refiend and natural (smelling) ingredients, 1861 is indeed very well done! The woods present are also great and enrich the composition. Got compliments, also. Perfomance is really good for a citrus based fragrance.

What a great fragrance!

[B]Type/Gender:[/B] Unisex

Id say the fragrance is fairly unisex.

[b]Season and Purpose[/b]: Summer and Spring, also possibly for hot Fall days. Suitable for work, formal occasions and special occasions (during Spring and Summer).

[B]Achilles heel:[/B] Although not among the most expensive fragrances, the price is not the best.

[b]Regarding Performance:[/b]

[b]Projection:[/b] 8.10
[b]Uniqueness:[/b] 8.20
[b]Versatility:[/b] 8.15
[b]--- Overall:[/b] 8.59

[b]Would I buy it?[/b] Yes!

The fragrance price is not cheap, (~$220) for 100 ml, but is worth the buying, to me!
25th September, 2014

Add your review of 1861

Shop for 1861 products online

Shop for 1861 at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for 1861

Member images of 1861

There are no member images of 1861 yet. Why not be the first?