1861 (2011)

About 1861

1861 is a shared / unisex perfume by Xerjoff. The scent was launched in 2011

1861 fragrance notes

Reviews of 1861

Lovely green citrus fragrance. Feels like rubbing a non leaf in your hand after peeling a lime. If this fragrance was a drink it would be a mohjito . Really lovely , better than nio in terms of performance and it has more too it . This has something in the opening which reminds me of Versace dreamer , although I hate dreamer but love this. Has some nice herbal nuances also.

8,5 /10

Nice summer fresh release from xerjoff
13th August, 2017
An herbal combination of the highest quality citrus and mint over a white floral and amber heart composed with surprising density and boasting excellent projection and longevity. There is no doubt that Renaissance is of a superb quality, as it kind of wows you with its opening in terms of realism and a very live, vivid freshness. The most important question here is whether or not you love the way it smells. I'm still sort of undecided at this point, as I initially enjoy it, but after a while something about the lily-of-the-valley and petitgrain start to grate on my nerves. It's a personal bias, as I've never been a huge fan of white florals other than a well done iris note. And due to Renaissance's excellent projection and longevity, if there's something you don't like about it, unfortunately, it's going to hang around. Certainly a very good fragrance with undeniable class, I kind of hope I come around to 1861 upon further wearings and open my palate to its dimension of white floral notes which I've always found somewhat challenging. Still, an absolute thumbs up and highly recommended for sampling, Renaissance wears best in semi-formal situations during the warmer months of the year.
12th September, 2015
This is a bitter fresh, green, herbal and minty fragrance which is a very good choice for hot summer days.
The opening is fresh and slightly tart lime scent that actually I can smell much more the bitterness of the lime's peel instead of the fruit. there is also some mint mixed with it that just makes scent more green and more bitter.
Simple but very pleasant and natural.

In the mid I do get the same smell but now fresh and tart lime is gone and I can smell only bitter lime's peel aroma and mint along with a clean and kind of soapy aura mixed with it and some sweetness in the background.
This the place that scent disappears from my skin and there is no any sign of it! many people get very good longevity but it last only 2 hours on my skin and then it's completely gone. projection is above average.
30th April, 2015
I could see people enjoying this, and there are notes I like myself: fresh, herbal, after-shave reminiscent, citrus-cologne type notes; mixed with the Xerjoff signature that doesn't click with me.
20th April, 2015
As you all know by now my reviews are not as wordy as I'd like them to be :)

This is my first Xerjoff and am pleased to say that from top to base this fragrance is over the top. I not sure if anyone really has a signature scent, but this could well be one of mine.

Superb!!
09th April, 2015
The Xerjoff boutique has the listed notes as : Tangerine, Bergamot, Rose, Lily of the Valley, Mint, Amber, Patchouli and Cedar.

Quality? Yes, in spades and each note can be clearly identified in remarkable fashion. I enjoy citric openings as much as the next person, but this is tantamount to the nuance differences in regular cable and B-ray high definition.

The citrus in the top accord lasts an extraordinary length of time compared to most. It smells extravagant even for a citric opening, but this scent never gets stuffy. After some time has lapsed, a soft and unassuming menthol slides in. Like numerous other enthusiasts, I can have a difficult time with mint depending upon the implementation. This rendition is extremely deft and ( on me ), it's literally hiding behind the oncoming Lily of the Valley. I should note that I get the LOTV first, with the mint right on its coattails. The result is an extremely good accord with longevity.

Slowly, the wearings revealed soft, dusty rose, subtle hints of patchouli and woody amber. The mint is still there, even in the drydown phase, set on perfect volume like the rest of the cast. Quality to me is the totality of a composition. I have no idea what each house uses in terms of ingredient expense and I personally could care less. It either smells like a quality creation or it does not. Totality is the result of thought, effort and tinkering. Quality doesn't seem likely to be rushed........and Xerjoff 1861 smells like someone took their sweet time in finally signing off on it.

Suffice it to say that this fragrance is Italian in feel like it's supposed to be and an excellent wear. If I had 3 thumbs, they'd pointing upward.
11th March, 2015

Add your review of 1861

Shop for 1861 products online

Search Amazon for 1861

Member images of 1861

There are no member images of 1861 yet. Why not be the first?