Shooting Stars : Kobe (2009)
by Xerjoff

Shooting Stars : Kobe information

Year of Launch2009

HouseXerjoff
PerfumerJacques Flori

About Shooting Stars : Kobe

Shooting Stars : Kobe is a masculine fragrance by Xerjoff. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Flori

Shooting Stars : Kobe fragrance notes

Reviews of Shooting Stars : Kobe

Xerjoff is one of my favorite houses and I own a variety and have a lot on my wishlist...the neroli in this seems a shade darker than the usual neroli, but i like it...to me , this is a heavy neroli scent backed up with an underlayer of wood...there's touches and nuances of other notes, but my bottom line is neroli/wood...well blended and quality ingredients...the more I smell this , the more I like it...
24th January, 2019 (last edited: 01st March, 2019)
My first Xerjoff and one I am surprised has remained below my radar for a while.

A gorgeous floriental. One of the most long-lasting neroli (orange blossom) scents I can ever imagine, with a slightly oud-like woody/ambery dry-down.

I went through a 20ml decant over this summer and have already cracked open my 100ml bottle. Projection is superb as is longevity.

It will possibly be my last Xerjoff though as well as my first. I haven't been impressed with the new bottles, neither does the smell of a reformulation excite me much. A definite thumbs up though.
18th October, 2017
Loved everything about Kobe- except for the price. Thinking about driving for Uber on the weekends so that I can actually afford to own a bottle of this glorious juice;)
07th May, 2017
Xerjoff Kobe seems to promise a lot in what I expected to be a warm-weather-leaning fragrance, especially given the multitude of notes. In actually smelling it, though, it seems relatively straightforward. It starts with a hefty dose of citrus and labdanum, quickly exposing the strong neroli heart that takes over the fragrance with a very subtle blend into some of the base notes, most of which I cannot detect, because the neroli remains so heavy, even into the dry down.

The petitgrain is the notable non-neroli contributor in the dry down, along with some of the woody notes in the base.

To its credit, Kobe is sophisticated, even restrained, perhaps, as far as a warm weather scent, and it should function well both in day and night and in formal and casual situations.

Performance seems fine, but I'm just not blown away by the scent itself, which pretty much needs to be the case with Xerjoff's pricing---in this case, $260 for 50ml on Luckyscent.

7 out of 10
05th October, 2016
Kobe is a very warm and dark neroli scent. Everything revolves around the neroli note here including notes of oud, rosewood, palisander, resins, and amber. At first sniff I thought what a rich gourmand woods scent, but the warm orange neroli floral note never departs even though it is influenced heavily by the amber and oud. How original to create a neroli oud fragrance! This is a very original, masculine and captivating fragrance - not to my taste - but I can see how many people will like it greatly. I would give it 3 of 5 stars, downgrading only because I don't enjoy the scent myself, but I can find nothing wrong with it at all other than personal taste issues. It is definitely one to try for the experience of what is possible with neroli.
15th June, 2016

Citrus and petitgrain opening. I understand that the petitgrain gives a needed longevity to the citrus, but it also weakens the purity of the citrus notes as far as I’m concerned… the opening citrus doesn’t have the citric purity that I expect from a fragrance of this price

It’s a long time before the heart notes start finding their way through the petitgrain, and I was very much looking forward to the promising wood heart notes – rosewood, resins, and oud. But I never get to enjoy the heart notes: the petitgrain is so lasting that it never loses its over reaching presence even as the light wood / oud accord struggle to pierce through. By the time the base shows up, I’m too bored to care (it’s rather sweet).

I agree that the petitgrain weakens the quality of the fragrance. I have to admit, though, that the citrus opening does have excellent longevity, so, for someone who does manage to enjoy the opening, it may have been a good decision to overdo the petitgrain. Even though Kobe strikes me as a quality, competent fragrance, there are many, many oud offerings that deliver better and more.
17th February, 2016

Add your review of Shooting Stars : Kobe

Shop for Shooting Stars : Kobe products online

Thierry Mugler Angel Shooting Star Refillable Bottle 0.8oz Women's Eau de Parfum

End Date: Tuesday Apr-23-2019 0:14:36 PDT

THIERRY MUGLER ANGEL 3 ML EDT SHOOTING STAR+COS. BAG+FREE GIFT

End Date: Monday Apr-29-2019 9:20:17 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $14.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Angel Shooting Star by Thierry Mugler Eau de Parfum, .8 Ounce (NO BOX)

End Date: Monday Apr-29-2019 10:47:51 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $22.99

Member images of Shooting Stars : Kobe

There are no member images of Shooting Stars : Kobe yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Shooting Stars : Kobe