Shooting Stars: Nio (2009)
by Xerjoff

Shooting Stars: Nio information

Year of Launch2009

HouseXerjoff
PerfumerJacques Flori

About Shooting Stars: Nio

Shooting Stars: Nio is a masculine fragrance by Xerjoff. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Flori

Shooting Stars: Nio fragrance notes

Reviews of Shooting Stars: Nio

This makes me think of 4711 cologne, only with way bigger cajones. And waaaaay better lasting power. This has such a lovely fresh, cool feel to it. Zesty, zingy bergamot, tempered by the warmth of the amber, sweetened ever so slightly by the jasmine and with a delicious kick from the cardamom and pink pepper – so, so good. Imagine you’re hiking up a thickly wooded mountain; the trees tower overhead, you can see the sun peeking through the canopy, can feel its warmth, but on the ground, the last lingering bits of the early morning mist swirl around your feet as you walk. The air feels cool and fresh on your hot face as you hike higher and higher, and then you find it – a sparkling pool of crystal clear, ice-cold water, fed from a spring further up the mountain. You scoop up a big handful of water and splash it on your face, enjoying the way it makes your skin tingle, then you eagerly gulp down handful after handful, feeling its coolness all the way down. That’s what this makes me feel like – it’s so deliciously cool and fresh and bracing. Damn this is good. This is destined to remain on my wish list though – the price is a tad scary.
26th October, 2016
What a rare feat is this. An encapsulated Mediterranean orchard, complete with sunlight - something that I thought would never be possible, seems to have been bottled by Xerjoff. In my holy grail search for a citrus based fragrance that would last longer than my ability to hold my breath underwater, with a projection that would extend beyond my noggin, Neo seems to be that rare thing, a multi-season citrus based gem. Dries down to a beautiful mixture of neroli and woods. You will have to mortgage your soul to purchase this, but you will smell great when you have to go down there!
06th July, 2016
It seemed appropriate to try Nio as my first Xerjoff, as Nio is one of the more hyped warm-weather high-end niche fragrances that repeatedly shows up in reviewers' top lists, though the hype makes an objective review more difficult with the expectations unavoidably higher, especially given the price ($260 for 50ml, $490 for 100ml).

Two common core top notes, bergamot and neroli, provide for one of the more intense openings I've experienced, but as it dries down and the spiciness comes out via the pink pepper and cardamom, I cannot help but detect a synthetic peach vibe. I'm not sure what creates this sweetness, but it probably takes the peachiness from a certain combination of non-peach notes like Hermes' Un Jardin en Méditerranée. This is, to me, what holds this fragrance from being truly great, and instead is simply good, to my nose, but I would say that this warrants smelling, probably by both men and women.

7 out of 10
17th August, 2015
bright citrusy opening but the drydown is utterly plasticky and soapy!
18th July, 2015
Opinion: I could not ask for a better way to end with Xerjoff Spring/Summer fragrances. Oh my, Nio is absolutely amazing!!!! This is THE best citrusy based fragrance I´ve ever come across! I´ve never smelled such quality citrus before! Nio is a refreshing, clean, sparkling, ultra-quality citrusy, green, woody, slighty spicy, floral (get some vibe, also) fragrance! This composition is a must, incredibly well blended.

Better than Kobe, in my opinion, this is absolutely lovely, classy, very refined scent. The opening is breathtaking, giving the most natural citrusy scent I´ve ever smelled. Very fresh, the development is to die for, also. The woods here are simply amazing and give an excellent balance to the composition. Got compliments, again.

Performance, as it seems to be usual with Xerjoff, is very good for a citrusy based fragrance.

Simply WONDERFUL!

Type/Gender: Masculine/Unisex (?)

I´d say this is toward the unisex territory, even if it´s labelled as a masculine scent.

Season and Purpose: Once again, Summer and Spring, also for hot Fall days. Suitable for work, formal, special occasions and upper class events.

Achilles heel: Price.

Sillage: 8.35
Projection: 8.25
Uniqueness: 8.55
Versatility: 8.20
--- Overall: 8.76

Would I buy it? Yes!!!

Pricey, no doubt, (~$250) for 50 ml, but this fragrance is incredible!!!
25th September, 2014
A great fragrance to wear to bed - because it will send you to sleep instantly. It's SO, SO boring and in no way, shape or form deserving of such a ridiculous price tag. This belongs on a high street self next to AdG and the like.

My God, i'm so bored.
11th September, 2014

Add your review of Shooting Stars: Nio

Shop for Shooting Stars: Nio products online

Search Amazon for Shooting Stars: Nio

Member images of Shooting Stars: Nio

There are no member images of Shooting Stars: Nio yet. Why not be the first?