Shooting Stars: Ibitira (2010)
by Xerjoff

Shooting Stars: Ibitira information

Year of Launch2010

HouseXerjoff
PerfumerJacques Flori

About Shooting Stars: Ibitira

Shooting Stars: Ibitira is a feminine perfume by Xerjoff. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Flori

Shooting Stars: Ibitira fragrance notes

Reviews of Shooting Stars: Ibitira

I haven’t been able to get my hands yet on a sample of XerJoff’s Irisss, said to be one of the world’s greatest iris fragrances. But then I remember reading an opinion of someone on Basenotes that Ibitira by the same brand, while although not entirely focused on iris, was, in his opinion, a far better fragrance all round, and I remembered that I had a tiny sample of it somewhere. After much searching, I found it – a meager 05.ml, but enough surely to give it a good wearing.

Oh but I enjoyed every single second of that wearing! Ibitira is a beautiful, rather Italian take on the iris-rose-jasmine combination popularized in the French classics such as Chanel No. 5. And truth be told, I prefer the Italian take. Ibitira takes out the central section of florals, shaves off the aldehydes, and adds some Italian sunshine in the form of lemons, bergamot, and fresh green violet leaves. Polished floral luxury, but serene and smiling. Real Italian-style joie de vivre! Or more accurately, gioia di vivere?

The Florentine iris really shines here – no powder, just an electric shock of bitter rootiness, like green leather or the sound of two silver spoons clashing against each other. For a second, it reminds me of the citrusy, fresh iris in Prada Infusion d’Iris. It powers through on that iris identity for a good few hours before sliding in to rest in a huge pink rose note and a greenish jasmine.

I really like that the fragrance retains a cool, classical feel while also smelling utterly, clearly, incontrovertibly of the separate flowers that went into it – this is not the golden abstraction of Joy or Chanel No. 5. There is, however, a similar almond feel to the white musk in the base – it’s something I experience a bit in the No. 5 pure parfum but even more heavily in the EDP. I would wonder if there is heliotrope in Ibitira because of the almond-like undertone, but I don’t see it listed and I don’t think that Chanel really uses heliotrope (to the extent that Guerlain does, at least).

The base takes a turn towards orientalism, and for me, something of the silvery sheen of the iris is lost in the bustle. A dryish, powdery amber moves in, and combined with the almond-like tones in the heart, I am reminded of the beautiful Mona di Orio Musc, which also combines heliotrope, rose, and iris with white musk, creating an almost crunchy, dry ice effect in the drydown.

Despite the gradual attenuation of the iris, though, this is a stunning iris fragrance and one that I feel honored to have been able to test. I’d recommend it to anyone for whom budget is not a concern. In summary, a robust, smiling, Italian version of a classic iris fragrance for those who love classic French perfumes but feel them too somber for a joyful occasion.
26th March, 2016
Equals Prada Infusion d’Homme

Equals Prada Infusion d’Homme

12th July, 2013

Won-der-ful. I completely agree with the previous reviewers, this is one of the best rose-iris ever, extremely sophisticated, feminine and radiant, extremely luxurious and bold, utterly sensual and classy. I loved to test it thoroughly. Ibitira is nothing but an irresistible classic archetype of an extremely charismatic type of woman. The fruity (i detect both lemon and orange magistrally modulated) and slightly decadent rose-iris combo is highly soaring in the air and stands over a musky and cedary base that finally morphs in to a velvety sort of floral-powdery soapiness. Inhaling the smell from your wrist you notice that the whiff is almost balsamic in a dry-powdery way with talky-neutral (cosmetics type) undertones exuding from a well calibrated amber-vanilla in its link with the powdery woods. I detect a sort of powdery soapiness rather than a final creaminess cause i suppose that the touch of vanilla is minimal and the base is characterized mostly by dusty woods and musk. Just at the end in the almost dry-talky powder i catch a soft violet touch with green undertones and orangy nuances. At distance (after a couple of hours) you don't detect the powder but a multifaceted floral (iris-violet) wake with fruity and green sparks and a white musky radiance. Stunning.
07th September, 2012
What can i say about this one!

The extent to which i love it, i am reluctant to use it too much

so i wont develop a normal nose to it and might hate it later!

The best Iriss scent evern in my openion!
15th May, 2012
Twolf Show all reviews
My favorite Xerjoff, and possibly, the best of rose and iris scent ever, bar-none, in the whole perfume history. Wonderful, excellent, can't get enough of it. Can't get the whole bottle either -- out of my price range -- but I am definitely savouring my little sample and will get decants when I am out.

Steer clear if you are afraid of masterpieces.

17th April, 2012

Add your review of Shooting Stars: Ibitira

Shop for Shooting Stars: Ibitira products online

Search Amazon for Shooting Stars: Ibitira

Member images of Shooting Stars: Ibitira

There are no member images of Shooting Stars: Ibitira yet. Why not be the first?