by Fragonard

Désert information

About Désert

Désert is a masculine fragrance by Fragonard.

Désert fragrance notes

Reviews of Désert

At first I was confused. I smelled it and thought "I see why they named it this". I'm usually biased against sweet scents feeling they're instantly feminine and dismissing them. Not so with Désert.

The evolution goes through obvious stages, initially the almost too-sweet smell is quite present, but then it evolves into something more stable and masculine with the tobacco and woods balancing out and finally you get the hint of beeswax towards the end of the wear. I do believe that the opener could deter quite a few people, so this is one I'd strongly suggest to judge after letting it sit on you for a little while. I have a habit of waiting a maximum of two minutes then making a quick decision and I'm glad I waited a little longer with this one.

Not an every day scent by any means, but it'll work it's way into my routine I'm sure. The half star is for the surprise I got when I ended up liking a sweet fragrance!

01st June, 2013
Sweet tobacco at its best. It is even sweeter than most sweet scents, however it is not cloying at all.
Very complex indeed, very faint citrus on opening, but it is gone in seconds, then the sweet tobacco comes thru, the sweet note is more like toffee than tonka, maybe the spiciness of saffron combined with tobacco is what imparts the toffee like sweetness. Later it becomes somewhat woodier but without losing the sweet tobacco main note. A very faint oud/beeswax accord comes about at drydown, but still the sweet tobacco dominates solidly.
Sillage is adequate and longevity is better than average, but not a day long fragrance by any means.
One of the best tobacco scents IMO.
23rd March, 2013

Add your review of Désert

Shop for Désert products online

Search Amazon for Désert

Member images of Désert

There are no member images of Désert yet. Why not be the first?