Fresco for Men (2012)

Average Rating: 3

Based on 16 ratings

Fresco for Men Fragrance Notes

Fresco for Men information

Fresco for Men is a men's fragrance by Ilum Dean. The scent was launched in 2012

Reviews of Fresco for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

SaganIsMyHomeboy's avatar

Ill start by saying I really like Aventus. I'd probably own it and wear it often, but my wife doesn't care for it at all. That doesn't disqualify a fragrance for me, but an investment like Aventus doesn't make sense to me for such limited use right now. Fresco has enough of a resemblance that it satisfies my craving. It's really a very nice affordable fragrance.

31st January, 2014

Mapletop's avatar

Smells very similar to Aventus. Like how Cool Water smells similar to Green Irish Tweed. Aventus has more of a smoky/ashy prominence, as Fresco concentrates more on the oak moss. As for the pineapple note, they smell almost the same. Fresco is linear and does not change much, and I like that. Some people want their cologne to evolve or change, Aventus does that. The only con I have for Fresco is the longevity is bad.

28th December, 2013 (Last Edited: 31st December, 2013)

noirdrakkar's avatar

Fresco by Ilum Dean

Let's recap for a second. Early 2013, around February I think, a few Youtube reviewers were claiming that this fragrance smelled really similar to Aventus for 1/6 of the price and a lot of people ordered it to see what it was about and there was a lot of discussion. 5 months later, we don't hear much about it, so it's clearly a fad.

Moreover, Ilum Dean isn't even a real fashion house. They have no brick-and-mortar business and the sample that was sent to me was from a guy in his apartment. Also, they claim to be a fashion house, but only have one product: their fragrance. If the cheap web design rife with spelling errors wasn't enough, if you go to the Terms & Conditions as well the Disclaimer pages, they say "Coming Soon". What actual company would do that?

Okay, Fresco is essentially, a DIY (do it yourself). And for a Do It Yourself, it's decent. For an actual fragrance not so much.

It smells probably 1/3 like Aventus. Enough to notice a slight similarity, but not enough to ever mistake the two. It also smells a little bit like Bleecker Street, especially with it's grassy notes. However, it just lacks the well made base of vanilla, birch and ambergris that makes Aventus so special. As others have said, it's a much more lighter, inoffensive and wearable (of course, spraying less Aventus is an option too).

The key point is that this won't replace Aventus anytime soon and you are better off spending the money toward a decant of Aventus. If you have low standards and collect just about anything, this is an alright fragrance that would probably be middle of the road compared to most designer/celebrity fragrances. However, this wouldn't be a good choice if you are selective about what you buy.

Just the dishonesty of the maker alone turns me off.

02nd June, 2013

mmmm's avatar

Haven't tried aventus at this point in time, but as fresco stands alone its great fragrance. Fresh, little fruity but screams confidence and attraction. My dry skin sucks this one to the bone in a little over an hour, so unless I carry it around or use it as a car scent its almost useless. If this stuff lasted it would probably be in my top 10. If you have dry skin id almost say this isnt worth it, but I got my bottle online for 20 something dollars

07th March, 2013

drseid's avatar

As Fresco's alleged allure is it is an Aventus clone at 1/6th the cost, I think instead of my usual review I should just get right down to the comparison of the two scents as I have one on each arm.

Fresco's open on skin is very close to the Aventus innovative synthetic pineapple minus a bit of the acidic energy derived from the apple Aventus has. It smells very pleasant after the first 30 seconds of being more alcohol than anything else but cleans up nicely into a relatively soft, muted fruit that dominates its entire linear development. As it makes its way to the heart phase, I get a bit of the smoky dry-down of Aventus with Fresco but much less intense and cloying. The primary difference between the two scents overall is Aventus is *much* more potent and projects a heck of a lot more with a stronger focus on the synthetic smoke. In my case, I view these Aventus attributes as deficiencies, as it is just so overbearing and synthetic that it drives me crazy the longer I wear it. With Fresco, even though the scent profile is nearly identical throughout, it is much more wearable as it does not get cloying like Aventus over time and focuses more on the fruity aspects of Aventus' open, even through the smoky phase later-on. Fresco due to its lower potency and projection should be able to be worn to work a lot more readily without one worrying the entire office will smell them. Projection and longevity are both average with Fresco lasting about 8 hours.

If I could only own one of the two scents being compared here it would be the Fresco. Luckily I don't have to own either, as I dislike Aventus and am relatively indifferent to Fresco. If cloning Aventus "on the cheap" was Ilum Dean's goal, however, they get a gold star and a 3 out of 5 star overall rating from me.

23rd January, 2013 (Last Edited: 12th February, 2014)

silentrich's avatar

Smells like an EdT version of Creed Aventus. Most definately lighter, but the note breakdown is very similar as is the overall smell. I love Aventus, but in my humid climate it can be a challenge to wear even 1 spray of it if your going to be outside for any period of time. It's also such a potent fragrance that it's not recommended in an environment where your going to interact closely with people. Fresco solves both of those problems, smells very similar, and can be had for less than $30. If you like the smell of Aventus or want a more versatile version this is it.

17th January, 2013 (Last Edited: 13th April, 2013)

Add your review of Fresco for Men

Search for on eBay United States

Fresco By Ilum Dean 3.3oz-100ml Edt Spray Cologne for Men - New Boxed & Sealed -
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 22 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Fresco EDT Spray 3.3 Oz. By ILUM DEAN
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 25 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)