Dahlia Noir (2011)

About Dahlia Noir

Dahlia Noir is a feminine perfume by Givenchy. The scent was launched in 2011

Dahlia Noir fragrance notes

Reviews of Dahlia Noir

A mildly peppered orange in the opening is followed by a rose note that over arches the initial phases if the heart notes. So far not bad, but the subsequent development is characterised by notes that are less convincing and fairly generic, mainly vanilla, bland (not blond) wood and some light white musk.

Sillage is moderate on my skin, the projection average, and I get four hours of longevity.

Overall in he average range. 2/5.
19th June, 2015
Reminds me of a very old woody smell like tobacco, chat noir, vanilla, misk and amber.. like the ones we used to sell in grandpa's cologne shop in 80s..
05th May, 2015
I just love patchouli+tonka combinations, and I could smell it right away when I tried this on the smelling strip. Haven't worn it yet, but initial impression very positive.
09th March, 2015
Very powdery in a delightful, calming way. A hint of flowers, but for me it's the powder note that I love most.

Imagine the best baby powder scent (a really, really good one) and make it a little more grown-up. For me, it's like a soft calming embrace, that curiously reminds me of some product (wish I could remember what!) used at the beach in my childhood
01st November, 2014
I received this as a Mother's Day present. I hated it immediately. However, one doe not want to insult the gifter, so I did not take it off.

Later, pink pepper and perhaps iris? came around, and even later, I cannot even describe what I was smelling, but I do sort of like it.... I have no idea if anyone else in the house thought.

Oh, but my son brought a huge mixed bouquet of flowers. So confusing.
21st May, 2014
The mandarin and pink pepper notes burst forth, the iris eases in, and then the fragrance settles into a warm vanilla with just a hint of the mandarin still noticeable.

This fragrance confounds me. It's familiar yet foreign. There's something not quite right about it, but I love it. I think it's the lingering citrus notes on the dry down that makes it seem a bit ... sour? But still, it just works for me.

This is a fragrance in which I'd recommend the eau de toilette over the eau de parfum, the latter of which has the overwhelming smell of Johnson & Johnson's baby powder. The eau de toilette offers a much more nuanced scent.
17th February, 2013

Add your review of Dahlia Noir

Shop for Dahlia Noir products online

Shop for Dahlia Noir at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Dahlia Noir

Member images of Dahlia Noir

There are no member images of Dahlia Noir yet. Why not be the first?