Péché Cardinal (2008)

Péché Cardinal information

Year of Launch2008

PerfumerAmandine Marie

About Péché Cardinal

Péché Cardinal is a feminine perfume by MDCI. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Amandine Marie

Péché Cardinal fragrance notes

Reviews of Péché Cardinal

As the name might suggest, this is a fuzzy, juicy peach aldehyde bomb — hyperreal and well handled. Usually peach plays a supporting role in a composition, but here it’s the star player, flanked by some tasteful florals and some plummy/jammy notes. It has an almost inverted Poison thing going on — as if someone shone a light to rid the Dior of its darker notes. Peche Cardinale is well done, kind of daring, and one of the few scents in this line that doesn’t fall back on genre exercises. The only real danger is that it’s only a couple of precarious steps away from plummeting into a gaudy celebu-muck hellhole. It never quite goes there due to a dusty accord that keeps the interest going, but it’s really fruity and really jammy at times. Although I think this is one of the more adventurous scents in the line, I do suspect that it’s a novelty and that wearing it would get tiring very fast. Overall, a great peach accord that’s worth a sniff just for the technical realism, but you have to be okay with big, jammy fruit notes to pull this one off as it’s going to very sickly for some people.
08th June, 2015
This fragrace was playing with my nerves. I liked it from the first time I got a whiff of it. ... Yet this is absolutely nothing I would normally go for. I like classy, spicy, elegant. This is lush, fruity,sweet. The name is perfect for it because first of all I felt like doing sth forbidden when I bought it in the end.... due to the mentioned fact that it seems not to be in my line normally. If You feel obliged to wear fragrances which are noble, elegant and demure, then this big tubereuse, coconut,peach concoction makes you feel a tad ashamed. Like a chic lady that You catch accidently during a holiday wearing hotpants... this stuff is sexy, lush, lovely, delicious and yet well done so you kind of cant get around it. It is that little sexy thing that you need in your wardrobe. addictive.
23rd July, 2014
This is a bold fragrance from MDCI, if only because its description - peach and more peach! - makes it sound like one of a billion cheap celebrity fragrances with the same description. But no, this is nothing of the sort: MDCI's devotion to high-quality raw materials and good composition make this much better than that description might sound. Yeah, it pretty much smells like peach and nothing else - I don't even get the floral notes that are listed. But this is a rich, gorgeous fruit, nothing like the overly sweet crap one usually gets in fruity fragrances. Péché Cardinal has become my reference comfort scent: it's straightforward, beautiful, and just a whole lot of fun.
22nd March, 2014
Fruit and white flower scents are not my preference, but the concept of Péché Cardinal appealed to me so much (I am a very ex former-Catholic-schoolgirl, and some ideas retain their hold on a woman’s imagination) that I ordered a sample, reasoning that if I were ever to be converted to this sort of fragrance it would be by one as well-executed as this. And it is indeed well-executed; the first waft of white flowers (lily predominating on my skin, only a hint of tuberose peeking through beneath it) with a bare touch of musk dries within 30 minutes into a sticky-sweet, nearly overripe peach. The drydown is saved from tedium by a thread of currant (though on me it smelled more of red, as in currant jelly, than of black) and a lingering floral background. The perfume doesn’t work for me at all—I find that my dislike of fruity scents is intact after an evening of Cardinal Sin—but I rate it at three stars because someone who loves luscious fruits and white flowers will probably like this perfume a great deal, and because its sillage and lasting power were both above average.
23rd August, 2012 (last edited: 29th August, 2012)
Peche Cardinal and I have been wary of each other for about a year. So these are my second thoughts about this scent.
I think Peche Cardinal elicits either love or complete loathing ! It's very polarising because it my mind, the scent itself is no holds barred and polarising itself . It makes a statement in much the same way as many powerhouse fragrances like Black Orchid, Poison by Dior or God Forbid Giorgio Beverly Hills.

So big whammy of sweet peach plus added fruitiness from davana will hit you. This is bad ass fruit- neon orange fruit. The scent at this stage builds momentum because the crescendo is when the coconut and white florals all join together with the peach .The repeated image that comes to mind is a giant orange ball - like a huge orange beach ball - shiny and just so round. I attribute this to the coconut note which blows all the other notes up .
Now the fruit becomes apricot ! Even 'grape' comes to mind if you sniff really intently.
I think it is the mix of stone fruit, coconut and white florals that does this. Just when you think ,you can't take anymore, that tidal wave of big fat fruit deflates and you are left with a crystal clear peach note again and some clean musk .
wow ! What a ride !

The color of this perfume is definitely orange.
Anyone from the UK will know this next line from the Orange cell / mobile phone network - it could be the winning line for Peche Cardinal. Their slogan obviously worked on me as I remember it always.
" The future is bright, the future is orange. " .. I am Peche Cardinal !
14th June, 2012

Add your review of Péché Cardinal

Shop for Péché Cardinal products online

Shop for Péché Cardinal at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Péché Cardinal

Member images of Péché Cardinal

There are no member images of Péché Cardinal yet. Why not be the first?