Jeke (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseSlumberhouse
PerfumerJosh Lobb

About Jeke

Jeke is a masculine fragrance by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Lobb

Jeke fragrance notes

Reviews of Jeke

Jeke Slumberhouse "FREE THE KRAKEN!"

Kraken is sometimes mistaken for the Cetus of Greek mythology for being similar creatures. The stories of Krakens were founded, as were many other stories of fantastic beings, in a bad observation of the fauna, in the case of the Kraken probably in attacks of giant squids or colossal squids. A good example of this theory are the mermaids, whose heads are the visual records of dudongs and seals from afar, in fog.

The Kraken was a creature as feared by sailors as the fierce sea serpents.

outside that perfume is called the smoke monster, I fully agree.

WORD: Competence.

"Bonfire smoke crackling in a dark rainy forest, next to concentrated candy."

Slumberhouse's Josh Lobb is making a big fuss out there, putting a lot of niche in his pocket and standing out. Also, how can you make scents so original, with life and personality, coming from a perfumer that neither perfumer wants to be is at least great!
I thought Jeke would be hard, weird, repulsive ... Negative gentlemen!
Jeke is wonderful and very original but requires noses experienced in perfumes that impact the wearer in his first spray.
Sit down and talk!
Jeke opens on my skin with dried tobacco leaves with whiskey, giving a very bitter and dark tone extremely realistically leading you to a dark forest, with woods burned and wet potent and the smoke of the campfire in the foreground.In this phase I remember Interlude Amouage of which to me is an aromatic mess with no personality at all.Jeke is much more original, and the smoke from the fire continues for many hours! If you try hard you can hear the wood crackling in the fire! Jeke's high now is already completely sweet, smoky remembering me, the vibes of Tobacco Vanille, Herod etc.
Jeké is very original, but it's not for everyone, I do not know if you're going to like to smell the bonfire smoke crackling in a rain forest, next to concentrated sweets.

Jeke is a swirling bonfire, late in the afternoon, it burns endlessly, smoke literally.

Jeke is a dark black smoke, a black and white photo.
A forest at night, like a campfire flaring smoke at you literally.

4 Scrolls for strong noses!
26th November, 2017
It is a shame that this discontinued, I have a bottle with 20 ml but if I find another at a good price I will buy it, it is a tobacco perfume that is my favorite, it is other dry, resinous notes, which recreates a walk through the forest in autumn, at its beginning is overwhelming, with a dark beauty, feels rich fumes, is different from that of a bonfire and incense.

It is like being next to a person who is smoking a great cigar pure, accompanied by a good whiskey and the typical sweetness of Slumberhouse.

It is not a fragrance for everyone, it can result in its first 2/3 hours something strong, but gradually it loses that tone, becoming something more sweet, it can be the union of the Benjuina / Labdanum.

Definitely like most of the perfumes of Slumberhouse, it is something different, but great in its kind.
30th September, 2017
I have owned Jeke four (4!) times. I believe I have had the marbles and possibly another (older?) bottle as well as the current flask-type bottle. I've sold and/or traded these over time, and as I type this, a fifth (and possibly last) bottle is making its way via USPS to me.

This is an absolutely intoxicating scent; hay, tobacco, and resinous notes. I believe there is also clove, but it is so rich, it cannot be anything recent. I have smelled the recent stuff and the older stuff - older clove absolute is more subtle, deep and rich, whereas the newer is sharper, brighter and seems to overtake any perfume in which it is allowed into.

This is sensual, deep and not for everyone.

20th June, 2017
Jeke is not what I was expecting. I knew it was a tobacco heavy fragrance and that accord is definitely there. But, it is very dense, and each of the other notes are also noticeable during the length of the wear. I have enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. I was expecting a Fumidus type experience before wearing Jeke, but instead, I've had a very nice day with this smokey, tobacco laden, woody thickness. That's the word that fits Jeke..."thickness". It feels as dense as smearing molasses on oneself, but in a good way. I must admit that I'm becoming more and more a fan of Josh Lobb's work with each Slumberhouse fragrance I try. Aside from New Sibet, which I just haven't been able to get into, I have loved each one of his creations. Thumbs definitely up for Jeke!
16th March, 2017
Found the remnants of a sample buried deep in a drawer, so I dutifully smeared on the green, viscous liquid which would stain any clothes I'm sure. For whatever reasons, I wasn't as impressed with this on first wearings as I am now. I'm still not convinced this is a 'perfume', but as a wearable smell (scentscape?) which instantly conjures and evokes memories of other places and times it's top notch. Quite smoky, but not as forbidding as some others by Lobb. Definitely not for everyone, and a good example of something that could wear the user, rather than the other way around.
03rd January, 2017
Jeke is the second try from Slumberhouse, my first being Norne, which I loved and bought, and I aimed for Jeke strictly based on the notes breakdown---I've not heard much of its reputation.

Jeke is a masculine, winter beast. I get the whole mix of notes, including, in order of prominence: tobacco, benzoin, vanilla, clove, and patchouli. Such a sensuous mix that connotes a warm feeling in cold weather. Whereas Norne is the dirtier option, Jeke is the slightly sweeter cousin that offers a slightly warmer experience (I'll have to compare them more thoroughly at some point).

I cannot say enough about its performance, as it's an all day beast in terms of longevity and a major projector for hours after application. The actual juice of Jeke, like Norne, is dark enough to stain clothing, though I didn't need to apply much in sampling.

At $160 for 30ml extrait, it falls into the category of roughly needing to love it in order to buy it, performance notwithstanding, and to that I'd consider buying it after one wearing, even.

Like Norne, it's a little rough around the edges and not perfectly polished to my liking, nor is it versatile as it would probably be reserved for cold weather nights alone, so it's not a top scorer by my abstract standards, but still very impressive!

8 out of 10
23rd August, 2016

Add your review of Jeke

Shop for Jeke products online

Search Amazon for Jeke

Member images of Jeke

There are no member images of Jeke yet. Why not be the first?