Ore (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseSlumberhouse
PerfumerJosh Lobb

About Ore

Ore is a shared / unisex perfume by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Lobb

Reviews of Ore

Boozy. Dark, old wood furniture that's never been painted or stained. Shoe polish smell, like old waxy, Kiwi brand polish in the little tin. Wood shavings on fire. Sillage seems to be "darker" than when smelled close to the skin. Becomes sweeter. Balsamic vinegar. Cocoa liqueur. Something spiced. Nutty confection accord. More smoky wood; almost a tobacco accord. Chocolate note lasts and lasts. Magnificent!
31st October, 2018
When I first put this on, I got such a strong boozy whiff – Brandy? Whiskey? – that I was surprised to find, when I checked the notes for this, that it was neither, and that in fact there is no booze at all in this. It settled rapidly though, and then I got lovely warm woody spice. There is something that makes me think of hippie shops – you know the ones, the shops that sell incense, ‘decorative’ pipes (bongs), crystals, essential oils etc. And lest you think I’m being mean, I’m not – I love hippie shops. I love the smells, the funky jewellery, the clothes, all of it – I find them relaxing places to hang out, and that’s how this perfume makes me feel. Relaxed and calm and chilled. I guess it depends on your skin chemistry – a lot of the reviews I've read seem to get a lot of chocolate from this. An hour in, I was still getting mostly the wood and balsam, with just the faintest hint of chocolate, with a lick of heat from the pepper and a touch of something herby and fresh and green, which I guess was from the clary sage. I like it though – it’s a beauty, and the longevity is brilliant – 10 hours later I could still smell it.
31st December, 2017
Ore by Slumberhouse is one of the strongest and longest lasting scents I have had the pleasure to experience. From start to finish it is amazing. Sweet? Yes. Too sweet? Not at all. Just enough sweetness to bring out the deep and resinous wood notes that makes this a tremendous scent to be enjoyed. The best part of the experience is the dry down which is absolutely amazing.... sweet, resinous "pine tree" wood note (to my nose at least) which would be the Peru balsam. A complete winner. For the price $150ish for 30ml is steep so try before you buy. ENJOY!
27th October, 2016
Slumberhouse scores again with another winner in Ore, one of the celebrated dark fragrances along the lines of Norne and Jeke.

It's slightly licorice-like at its very opening by it settles down quickly (within a few minutes) into its main character: chocolate, woody, boozy blend that is a step up in terms of sweetness from Jeke. Just as Jeke is sweeter than Norne, Ore is certainly sweeter than Jeke, anchored by the principal note of cacao. It's chocolate- and booze-dominant enough to be called a gourmand, as well, I'd say.

I see some conflicting note breakdowns among Luckyscent, Fragrantica, and Basenotes. I'm not sure what palmarosa is, and I don't detect any clary sage.

Performance-wise, this extrait follows suit from Slumberhouse's others in that it's strong, not quite as uncannily as Jeke or Norne, perhaps, but still to the extreme.

At $160 for 30ml extrait, one again really does need to love it in order to buy it, but like Jeke, Ore might need to be one of my next buys. Great juice.

8 out of 10
24th August, 2016
This is really good quality scent, but it's not my favorite. The sample bottle I received, is a little too "foody" for me. A little too light and sweet, like a fine dessert. I can see why people like it, but it's not for me.... Give me Norne, Jeke, or Vikt any day, in that order... :)
26th March, 2016
Update: Ore is awesome! It's what gold would smell like if gold had a scent. I love this stuff. Norne is still my favorite Slumberouse creation, but Ore is next and it is divine! Two thumbs straight up!!!

I've only sampled Ore so far, but I wanted to lay down my first impressions, and then come back and add/edit if I have any additional thoughts. So, the main thing I picked up from Ore was pencil shavings, mixed with an almost caramel and cocoa smell. I wore it last week at work, and the longevity and sillage were both impressive. The smell was strong enough at first that I was concerned it may be too overpowering, but as time passed, I became more comfortable, and really came to love the fragrance and overall feel of Ore. I also understand the comments about wet dirt, or wet earthiness. It is definitely in Ore, and I'm wondering if the wet dirt smell may have been what overwhelmed me for a time, but as the product dried down, it also smoothed out and became very pleasant. I'm going to try it again tomorrow and see how enjoyable it is in the second wearing.
26th January, 2016 (last edited: 26th October, 2016)

Add your review of Ore

Shop for Ore products online

Slumberhouse Samples Unisex Fragrance Norne Ore Kiste New Sibet Parfum Extrait

End Date: Monday Mar-4-2019 5:59:20 PST
Buy It Now for only: $58.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Slumberhouse Ore PURE PERFUME NEW 2 ML DECANT DUSTY DRY COCOA!!!

End Date: Tuesday Mar-19-2019 3:39:51 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $35.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Ore

There are no member images of Ore yet. Why not be the first?