Ore (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseSlumberhouse
PerfumerJosh Lobb

About Ore

Ore is a shared / unisex perfume by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Lobb

Reviews of Ore

What a disappointment after reading all the glowing reviews. This smells like cheap chocolate drink powder. Milk chocolate at that. It's not a particularly pleasant smell either.
I think people would find Dan Gilbert's Ted talk on the Surprising Science of Happiness interesting. In short : Once you make a choice and you minimise further options you get to like your choice more. Maybe this is so expensive that once people buy it they can't afford anything else. That can be the only explanation. In fact I am liking it more already!

Fragrance: 4.5/10
Projection: 8/10
Lonvevity: 9/10
13th January, 2020
Cocoa is mostly what I get from this; the longevity is excellent, and I like the opening. However, I don't perceive the boozy notes others have been written about. I like the cocoa, but this is a 'neutral' rating from me. I'm glad I tried it, but I wouldn't buy a bottle. Someone into gourmand scents may find this right up their alley, however.
12th July, 2019
Boozy. Dark, old wood furniture that's never been painted or stained. Shoe polish smell, like old waxy, Kiwi brand polish in the little tin. Wood shavings on fire. Sillage seems to be "darker" than when smelled close to the skin. Becomes sweeter. Balsamic vinegar. Cocoa liqueur. Something spiced. Nutty confection accord. More smoky wood; almost a tobacco accord. Chocolate note lasts and lasts. Magnificent!
31st October, 2018
When I first put this on, I got such a strong boozy whiff Brandy? Whiskey? that I was surprised to find, when I checked the notes for this, that it was neither, and that in fact there is no booze at all in this. It settled rapidly though, and then I got lovely warm woody spice. There is something that makes me think of hippie shops you know the ones, the shops that sell incense, decorative pipes (bongs), crystals, essential oils etc. And lest you think Im being mean, Im not I love hippie shops. I love the smells, the funky jewellery, the clothes, all of it I find them relaxing places to hang out, and thats how this perfume makes me feel. Relaxed and calm and chilled. I guess it depends on your skin chemistry a lot of the reviews I've read seem to get a lot of chocolate from this. An hour in, I was still getting mostly the wood and balsam, with just the faintest hint of chocolate, with a lick of heat from the pepper and a touch of something herby and fresh and green, which I guess was from the clary sage. I like it though its a beauty, and the longevity is brilliant 10 hours later I could still smell it.
31st December, 2017
Ore by Slumberhouse is one of the strongest and longest lasting scents I have had the pleasure to experience. From start to finish it is amazing. Sweet? Yes. Too sweet? Not at all. Just enough sweetness to bring out the deep and resinous wood notes that makes this a tremendous scent to be enjoyed. The best part of the experience is the dry down which is absolutely amazing.... sweet, resinous "pine tree" wood note (to my nose at least) which would be the Peru balsam. A complete winner. For the price $150ish for 30ml is steep so try before you buy. ENJOY!
27th October, 2016
Slumberhouse scores again with another winner in Ore, one of the celebrated dark fragrances along the lines of Norne and Jeke.

It's slightly licorice-like at its very opening by it settles down quickly (within a few minutes) into its main character: chocolate, woody, boozy blend that is a step up in terms of sweetness from Jeke. Just as Jeke is sweeter than Norne, Ore is certainly sweeter than Jeke, anchored by the principal note of cacao. It's chocolate- and booze-dominant enough to be called a gourmand, as well, I'd say.

I see some conflicting note breakdowns among Luckyscent, Fragrantica, and Basenotes. I'm not sure what palmarosa is, and I don't detect any clary sage.

Performance-wise, this extrait follows suit from Slumberhouse's others in that it's strong, not quite as uncannily as Jeke or Norne, perhaps, but still to the extreme.

At $160 for 30ml extrait, one again really does need to love it in order to buy it, but like Jeke, Ore might need to be one of my next buys. Great juice.

8 out of 10

Buy It Now for only: $26.99

Buy It Now for only: $14.99

Buy It Now for only: $63.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

SLUMBERHOUSE “Ore” 5ml Spray sample 100% Authentic. New!! Free Shipping!! Rare!

End Date: Saturday Feb-22-2020 18:00:46 PST
Buy It Now for only: $31.99

Member images of Ore

There are no member images of Ore yet. Why not be the first?