Rume (2011)

Year of Launch2011

HouseSlumberhouse
PerfumerJosh Lobb

About Rume

Rume is a masculine fragrance by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Lobb

Rume fragrance notes

Reviews of Rume

I've got the early small cubed bottle. And, along with Jeke and Baque, it's a favorite from the line.

Rume conjures up thoughts of Thanksgivings past and Bottlecaps candies (specifically the root beer) the neighborhood penny-candy store used to sell decades ago.

Mulled apple cider replete with cinnamon sticks, cloves, nutmeg, fruit peels; a big bowl of lumpy cranberries in sauce; collections of dried-fruit potpourri throughout; and a couple season-appropriate candles throwing from distant corners of a house out in the country where the dogs roam free.

I use Rume like it were a patchouli oil. One or two sprays to the sternum, tops.
20th July, 2017
Updated Review:

I've now spent more time with Rume, and it's grown on me. The main thing I've learned is to never overspray this fragrance. The first time I wore it, I oversprayed...a lot. Bad mistake with Rume. It is so pungent and powerful that to over spray is almost fatal to the olfactory senses. Now that I've worn it a few more times, I have to say that I quite like it. It is one that smells better in it's vapor trail than it does nose to wrist however, at least in the first hour or two. There is a musty note like fermented hay when you put your nose on this fragrance in the early going that wears down after about 3 hours. It has nuclear longevity and the sillage is very impressive as well. I think I prefer wearing it on the wrists to putting it on my neck or face. One spray, then dabbing the other inner wrist as well as the upper wrists on both arms on the single sprayed spot has had Rume lasting on me for the last 9 hours and it's still going strong. I would love to smell the limited cask version to compare it to the original, but I now really appreciate what Josh Lobb was doing when he created this highly unusual fragrance. This has gone from a neutral to a thumbs up for me now that I've given it more time and attention. Another intriguing, unique and excellent job by Josh.
15th April, 2017 (last edited: 19th September, 2017)
Overpowering even with a small daub. Nice spice scent, but wow...I could smell nothing else but This scent all day
16th May, 2016
This smells like Captain Morgan Spiced Rum + Coke to me. I like it, though. It's a fun scent, I'll wear it.
02nd April, 2016 (last edited: 04th April, 2016)
I've heard that Josh Lobb recalibrates his creations with each batch and I'm here to tell you that the summer 2015 recalibration of Rume is a real stinker. There is no hint whatsoever of what other reviewers have found: No jammy cakes, no honey, no obscure barns, no haystacks, no apples, no potpourri. No Lutens. No Josh Lobb for that matter. No slumberhouse-inade. No beauty.

Just an unpleasant pungent spice-store cloud. An indelicate garam masala. My daughter actually sneezed when she smelled it on me. Burning, dry, unpleasant. Like a barbecue rub out of kilter with way too much cumin. Not an attractive marinade for ribs or chicken. There is no opening, no undercurrent, no balance. Unappealing as a gourmand. Utterly unwearable. It's been on my skin six hours and as much as I want to scrub it off, everybody else's descriptions here make me think it's gotta improve eventually. But it hasn't so far. It's awful but the sillage and longevity are excellent. Unfortunately.

I say all this as a Slumberhouse fan. I own Sova, Ore and Kiste. I understand that a creative person will have some failures. But I can't understand how this could ever have been released to the public.
13th August, 2015
Prunes. Fruitcake. Mincemeat pie. Rum. Candied citrus peel. This registers as gourmand. Red wine note, or fermented grapes. Honeyed labdanum. I like it, but I'm not falling hard for it.
30th June, 2014

Add your review of Rume

Shop for Rume products online

Search Amazon for Rume

Member images of Rume

There are no member images of Rume yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Rume