Rume (2011)

Year of Launch2011

HouseSlumberhouse
PerfumerJosh Lobb

About Rume

Rume is a masculine fragrance by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Lobb

Rume fragrance notes

Reviews of Rume

Overpowering even with a small daub. Nice spice scent, but wow...I could smell nothing else but This scent all day
16th May, 2016
This smells like Captain Morgan Spiced Rum + Coke to me. I like it, though. It's a fun scent, I'll wear it.
02nd April, 2016 (last edited: 04th April, 2016)
I've heard that Josh Lobb recalibrates his creations with each batch and I'm here to tell you that the summer 2015 recalibration of Rume is a real stinker. There is no hint whatsoever of what other reviewers have found: No jammy cakes, no honey, no obscure barns, no haystacks, no apples, no potpourri. No Lutens. No Josh Lobb for that matter. No slumberhouse-inade. No beauty.

Just an unpleasant pungent spice-store cloud. An indelicate garam masala. My daughter actually sneezed when she smelled it on me. Burning, dry, unpleasant. Like a barbecue rub out of kilter with way too much cumin. Not an attractive marinade for ribs or chicken. There is no opening, no undercurrent, no balance. Unappealing as a gourmand. Utterly unwearable. It's been on my skin six hours and as much as I want to scrub it off, everybody else's descriptions here make me think it's gotta improve eventually. But it hasn't so far. It's awful but the sillage and longevity are excellent. Unfortunately.

I say all this as a Slumberhouse fan. I own Sova, Ore and Kiste. I understand that a creative person will have some failures. But I can't understand how this could ever have been released to the public.
13th August, 2015
Prunes. Fruitcake. Mincemeat pie. Rum. Candied citrus peel. This registers as gourmand. Red wine note, or fermented grapes. Honeyed labdanum. I like it, but I'm not falling hard for it.
30th June, 2014
Extremely powerful explosion of bay leaf, fruity-oriental notes (dried fruits), rhum, tobacco, licorice, a strong, sticky, threatening resinous note, olibanum, a slap of cloves, overall not that far from the dense stickiness of Zahd (or to name other houses, Norma Kamali Incense) but with a really peculiar vein halfway dried-fruity, herbal (the bay leaf, extremely bold and realistic, a sort of visionary version "of steroids" of it), boozy and medicinal. Now, as most of those notes are apparently not in the composition, I guess that's a genius interplay of nuances due to a sort of "fermentation" of cistus, bay leaf, spices and resins. Pungent and syrupy, on skin it's a super dark, oily, thick smell, compact, strong and quite hard to "read"; on the sillage it "blossoms", giving life to all the notes listed above – dried and spicy fruits à la Lutens' Arabie, laurel, a bold boozy feel, a bag of cloves. Dry and strong woody aftertaste, smoky and camphor-like, which perfectly blends with the medicinal side. Like other Slumberhouse scents, Rume is stuffed with Lobb's obsessions and visions, here turned into a bizarre Oriental-futuristic archaic harmony of fruity, spicy, woody, herbal and resinous notes – which as I said, like other works by Lobb, fairly remind me in some aspects of Lutens. Quite a fascinating work, but frankly too challenging to wear in my opinion. Surely, uniqueness is not an issue for Josh!

16th June, 2014
Tony T Show all reviews
Holiday Frag

this is my first from slumberhouse. I have a sample that gave me a solid 8 hours. great stuff but would be hard to wear on a consistent basis. smells of apples spices and potpourri. I like it but would not by a FB. unisex also IMO

Pros: long lasting and different
Cons: not complex"

12th August, 2013

Add your review of Rume

Shop for Rume products online

Search Amazon for Rume

Member images of Rume

There are no member images of Rume yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Rume