Flou (2011)

• Availability: Discontinued
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Reviews of Flou

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive No Positive Reviews • neutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

flathorn's avatar
    flathorn

This one took several wearings to figure out, as have all the Slumberhouses I tried. Flou resolved itself on me as a dense indolic floral fruit. Thankfully the fruit is more grape flower than grape, with the honey and Dossinia orchid removing any grape jam associations. The foody tones were submerged in what became on me a pool of indolic syrup. Being in this pool is slightly mesmerizing, but this is the type of fragrance I struggle with in the battle of who is wearing whom. I'm glad it's syrupy indoles rather than syrupy jam I'm wrestling with - jam would have been unbearable. I wondered if there were Davanna in this formulation. Though I don't pick up its distinct smell, the strangely indolic, syrupy quality of it is there.
    I like this fragrance, the smell of it in the air around me, but it's fairly dense and intense and I wouldn't buy a bottle at this point, as I don't see me wearing it in many situations. And ultimately, I keep wanting to mix Flou with more skin - lots of it. Then those occasional submerged notes coming off the skin under a leather coat or layered clothing would be intriguing, perhaps even beautiful.

04 January, 2014 (Last Edited: 08 January, 2014)

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

Flou is all about a tremendously realistic grape and honey. It's a sweet, multicoloured concoction that brings Slumberhouse to a more feminine territory. The fragrance is light-hearted, kinda spring/summery and to the usual artisanship quality, it shows a slightly bizarre, sort of chemical vibe that brings to mind of some of the funniest compositions by Lush or Demeter. Somewhere between a bubblegum and potpourri. Personally, I'm not very fond of this type of fragrances but if you're in the mood for a fruity-feminine, Flou could definitely be a nice option.

The vial of Flou I'm reviewing is an oil but, appearantly, Slumberhouse have been asked for an alchool based version (due to be released in spring 2012). The new Flou has been slightly modified. The grape have been toned down while a consistent dose of florals should enhance the overall summery vibe.

09 March, 2012