Brosse (2011)

Year of Launch2011

HouseSlumberhouse
PerfumerJosh Lobb

About Brosse

Brosse is a shared / unisex perfume by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Lobb

Reviews of Brosse

Big thumbs up for Brosse. I got a sample of this thanks to Junior Surgeon which I appreciate quite a bit. This smells something like Baque, with more of a molasses note instead of the tobacco and then coconutty direction Baque takes in it's dry down. In fact, I think I'm liking Brosse better than Baque, but I need to do a side by side comparison as it's been a few months since I wore Baque.

Been wearing this all day and Brosse is comforting to me. It doesn't have any screetchiness to my nose. It smells like a Slumberhouse fragrance, dense and amazing. I do see some similarities to Sova, in fact now that I've spent a day with it probably more similarities to Sova than to Baque. I want a 100 mil bottle of this stuff, as it's really growing on me. :-)
24th May, 2019
A dense mix of smoky rum over the dark Slumberhouse resin accord. There is a hefty dose of amber and chocolate as well, unobtrusive yet deep and warm. When first sprayed there is a bit of a metallic/iron character to it but that dissipates quickly.

While I love the Slumberhouse line, I would not describe many of them as being especially wearable. Brosse is an exception; a cozy rum that is easy to wear in the cold. Compared with the rest of the line, to my nose it is most similar to Jeke and Sova. Brosse is less sweet than either of these, but there is a trace amount of some vanilla sweetness.

Brosse is heavy without being too forceful, the sillage is fairly low but it lasts for days on skin.
15th January, 2019 (last edited: 19th November, 2019)

Add your review of Brosse