Indochine 25 (2011)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 17 ratings

Indochine 25 Fragrance Notes

Indochine 25 information

Indochine 25 is a unisex fragrance by Parfumerie Generale. The scent was launched in 2011

Reviews of Indochine 25

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

iodine's avatar

When I was a child I used to take a cough syrup that smelled and tasted exactly like the opening of Indochine: a spicy, nutty, honeyed, viscous sweetness attempting to mask the medicine’s bitterness. Sure, the syrup lacked the enjoyable benzoin and ligneous notes that follows, or the dry, peppery incense of the drydown.
    A pleasant fragrance, on the whole, though not so exotic nor intriguing as the name and the notes could suggest.

27 May, 2012

tbozzo's avatar

This is not a girly perfume! It is smoky, and resinous. I don't get sweet here; for me the honey rounds things out, but is not obvious. This is deep and dark, but a fun woman with confidence can pull this off and make it rock! Definitely smack in the middle of unisex. I love it.

A mother in my son's kindergarten class wears this as her signature scent. It so fits her. She's bold, beautiful, full of energy, and her aura just exudes confidence. I thought I couldn't possibly buy this. It's so different, she would definitely hate me for wearing her only scent. But I have to have at least a large decant. I promise I won't wear it to school. :)

15 March, 2012

Kaern's avatar

Opted for Indochine over Bois Naufrage from the same perfumer. This is a dense, rich rather spicy fragrance and I agree that the sweetness is tempered somewhat by the peppery vibe included. This makes the honeyed note rather discreet and it works well. Although it doesn't smell like Louanges Profane, Indochine gives off that same resinous quality which appeals to me enormously. On me, the sillage and longevity are fine. Well worth checking out.

24 February, 2012

cello's avatar

This one has a similar "feeling" as Cadjmere, only less tropical. This is a dryer version of the semi-gourmand style of fragrance that PG is known for.

The benzion and honey could have made this too sweet, but it is saved by a drying pepper note, almost creating a sweetened incense feel. The woody bark also factors considerably in keeping the sweetness in check. The overall effect is not too dry or sharp, not too sweet and very pleasant.

I find this very enjoyable.

22 February, 2012 (Last Edited: 04 June, 2012)

Add your review of Indochine 25