Indochine 25 (2011)

HouseParfumerie Generale
PerfumerPierre Guillaume
Parent CompanyPierre Guillaume Diffusion

About Indochine 25

Indochine 25 is a shared / unisex perfume by Parfumerie Generale. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Guillaume

Indochine 25 fragrance notes

Reviews of Indochine 25

I was immidiately smitten by this fragrance. Round, resinous, sweet, spicy and slightly smokey. But all of it merged into a dense and very smooth unity. Seriously; very smooth, and very dense.

Reading the other comments i'm surprised noone else mentions the powdery waxiness to it. Aldehydes? Or maybe it's just from the bensoin/honey. However, this is the one thing that takes it down a bit for me, but that's coming from a person that's very sensitive to waxiness.

Still, i find it strangely addictive. The subtle spices, the comforting sweetness. And the "tight" composition.

Sillage is pleasant, longevity good!
02nd April, 2015
This is a spicy-woody fragrance. The name is rather misleading though, since it doesn't really smell like 'Indochine'. Then I would have added perhaps lemongrass and star anise - which is one of the main ingredients in the Vietnamese Pho soup. Can't say that I sense Thanaka in the fragrance either. It has a sweet powdery woody smell, and it much used in Burmese cosmetics, so not a part of Indochina anyway.

Apart from the misleading name, I like the fragrance. It has good projection and is long lasting. PG seems to be especially apt with woody-spicy-patchouli based fragrances.
02nd April, 2015
When I was a child I used to take a cough syrup that smelled and tasted exactly like the opening of Indochine: a spicy, nutty, honeyed, viscous sweetness attempting to mask the medicine’s bitterness. Sure, the syrup lacked the enjoyable benzoin and ligneous notes that follows, or the dry, peppery incense of the drydown.
A pleasant fragrance, on the whole, though not so exotic nor intriguing as the name and the notes could suggest.

27th May, 2012
This is not a girly perfume! It is smoky, and resinous. I don't get sweet here; for me the honey rounds things out, but is not obvious. This is deep and dark, but a fun woman with confidence can pull this off and make it rock! Definitely smack in the middle of unisex. I love it.

A mother in my son's kindergarten class wears this as her signature scent. It so fits her. She's bold, beautiful, full of energy, and her aura just exudes confidence. I thought I couldn't possibly buy this. It's so different, she would definitely hate me for wearing her only scent. But I have to have at least a large decant. I promise I won't wear it to school. :)

15th March, 2012
Kaern Show all reviews
Opted for Indochine over Bois Naufrage from the same perfumer. This is a dense, rich rather spicy fragrance and I agree that the sweetness is tempered somewhat by the peppery vibe included. This makes the honeyed note rather discreet and it works well. Although it doesn't smell like Louanges Profane, Indochine gives off that same resinous quality which appeals to me enormously. On me, the sillage and longevity are fine. Well worth checking out.
24th February, 2012
cello Show all reviews
This one has a similar "feeling" as Cadjmere, only less tropical. This is a dryer version of the semi-gourmand style of fragrance that PG is known for.

The benzion and honey could have made this too sweet, but it is saved by a drying pepper note, almost creating a sweetened incense feel. The woody bark also factors considerably in keeping the sweetness in check. The overall effect is not too dry or sharp, not too sweet and very pleasant.

I find this very enjoyable.
22nd February, 2012 (last edited: 04th June, 2012)

Add your review of Indochine 25

Shop for Indochine 25 products online

Search Amazon for Indochine 25

Member images of Indochine 25

There are no member images of Indochine 25 yet. Why not be the first?