Patchouli Impérial (2011)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Patchouli Impérial

Patchouli Impérial is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy

Patchouli Impérial fragrance notes

Reviews of Patchouli Impérial

My Patchouli collection is anchored by Givenchy Gentleman, VIP Giorgio and Giorgio for Men, Vintage all.

Contemporary collection has been Coromandel, Mazzolari Lui and LED IV.

Patchouli Imperial ( Small draw) now sits on the shelf with the young ones.

At first glance PI seems like a straight up linear, bull's Eye shot at the Patch. Almost rugged, Masculine and Mazzolari like, as it flirts with the "dirty". It is quickly drawn back to the Elegant by whispers of something Melon, Anise and Citrus.
Styling is definitely along the lines of Leather Oud and Ambre Nuit. Luxuriously Masculine and Princely!

The Feminine Coromandel differs as it hums with a rich buttery Frangipane filling.Luxuriously unisex and Monarchly!

The Unisex LED IV is Haylike and Pastoral. Unisex and Romantic!

I am likely to need a full draw of the Patchouli Imperial. In my family, I am Consort to a Queen.
18th April, 2016 (last edited: 19th April, 2016)
I'm a big Patchouli fan ever since my twenties when I bought a bottle of Givenchy Gentleman a fragrance I still use to this day. I thought I would never find a another Patchouli fragrance that would offer a more punchy Patchouli hit until now.

Move forward 25 years and this Dior perfume is the absolute best Patchouli fragrance I have come across to date. Its surrounded by notes that enhance it rather than trying to compete with it so that the Indonesian Patchouli shines. I've read a few quibbles about the bottle it comes in but I personally think it is perfect, sometime less is more and that's the way it is with this heady, sexy and intoxicating scent.

Yes its expensive but you only need a small amount, its still there after 24 hours on my skin and although it drys down to a warm musky wood finish the Patchouli is always present. Refined and elegant as one would expect from the Dior. If you are a Patchouli lover like me then I can't recommend it enough.
15th November, 2015 (last edited: 29th November, 2015)
This opens very spicy - it's a good spicy! Heavy, and could be a bit surprising if you were not prepared, though.

The spicy subsides and flows easily into a beautiful patchouli. It is truly BEAUTIFUL! Ladies, do not be afraid of this! It is creamy, elegant, and really nice!

There is some wood...yes...wood...not sure that I would say I smell sandalwood, but what do I know? The patchouli may be mixing with it in such a way that I'm not able to identify it as sandalwood, but there is some sort of wood in here...

I like this. I really do. If anyone offers a split, I'll probably participate. I won't purchase an entire bottle, though. Not because I don't really enjoy it, but because I cannot imagine wearing it enough to justify 4.2 oz!

OK!! This just keeps getting better! Labdanum?!! Is that AMBER!!??? Good grief! I think I love this! Definitely unisex!

I believe this may actually be FBW...just gets better and better. Wow.
26th August, 2015 (last edited: 19th September, 2015)
I like a good patchouli and I tend to like them neat. This one does exactly what it says on the tin and smacks you with a relatively grungy patch that’s accessorized with spices and suspended over a balsamic, somewhat oily base. What’s clever about Patchouli Impériale is that it maintains some dirty characteristics while still coming off as refined. This is partly due to a sliver of citrus at the opening that ventilates the patchouli to keep it from becoming oppressive. Furthermore, it’s not as uptight and over-dressed as more “grown up” spins on the note; it somehow manages to straddle several different worlds simultaneously which, for a note that’s loaded down with cultural baggage, is nifty. The patchouli itself leans more earthy and herbal as opposed to the way patchouli can go chocolatey or minty, but it also has a nice heady, narcotic quality to it. The negative? The scent’s quite linear and somewhat dull—perhaps even a little characterless due to the amount of boxes it’s trying to tick. But having said that, it’s a simple, solid earthy patchouli with some flexibility as far as to how/where it could be worn.
20th June, 2015
A natural and dusty patchouli with a nice sandalwood background. Really like this one. Not cloying or nose stinging and a pleasure to sniff on the wrist. Projection and longevity are above average. 8/10
11th March, 2015 (last edited: 21st April, 2016)
There’s no getting around it… this is one of the best patchoulis I’ve tried. Immediately upon application I get the rich, broad-spectrum Indonesian patchouli – I believe it’s already supported by the base’s sandalwood: It is an excellent, strongly wooded patchouli fragrance. There is also an amber with the patchouli, which gives an almost gourmand lusciousness to the visceral stripped-earthiness of the patchouli and the smooth richness of the sandalwood.

Patchouli Imperial has good sillage and excellent longevity, and I would say it’s likely the easiest patchouli to wear of all the patchoulis I’ve tested. For both patchouli lovers and patchouli middle-grounders, this is a dream fragrance.

10th March, 2015

Add your review of Patchouli Impérial

Shop for Patchouli Impérial products online

Search Amazon for Patchouli Impérial

Member images of Patchouli Impérial

There are no member images of Patchouli Impérial yet. Why not be the first?