Vétiver (2010)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Vétiver

Vétiver is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy

Vétiver fragrance notes

Reviews of Vétiver

Dior's Vetiver is another beauty from the privee line, and like Eau Noire and Mitzah, it is also discontinued. It's green, woody, and dirty, an interesting and arguably middle-of-the-road vetiver take that is both familiar and refined, and probably unusually versatile. This might work as well in formal occasions as it does at the gym, even.

I don't smell any of the purported coffee note, just a woody base that may have something like patchouli or another earthy aspect paired with the vetiver itself.

Performance is good for an EDP, though not a powerhouse.

Frankly, if I were to opt for a fresher vetiver, I would select Roja Vetiver, and if were to opt for a dirtier, woody vetiver, I would choose Chanel Sycomore. Dior Vetiver is somewhere in between. It's difficult to stomach buying at now-discontinued secondary market prices, though, so I'll probably steer clear and just pick up Sycomore at some point in addition to the Roja Vetiver I just acquired.

7 out of 10
06th April, 2016
Modern and posh, yet classic and minimalistic.

A super clean and sharp vetiver coupled with a hefty dose of citrus rind. A rootier aspect peeks through along with a muted citrus in the dry down of the fragrance which lasts literally days on clothing and hours & hours on skin.

A grail vetiver that I'm sad to see Dior's discontinue.
10th September, 2015
The "Coffee" Vetiver

I find this one very similar to other "modem" interpretations of vetiver fragrances in that the main note is paired with other complimentary accords. In this case it's dark roasted coffee. I find this one quite similar to vetiver fatal by atelier cologne. It's similar in that the vetiver smells dark and "nutty", and almost has a sweet aspect to it.

I'm not sure if this is a "holy grail" of vetiver fragrances but I certainly like it. I think it's unique enough to own. It's just a shame that it's discontinued.
02nd August, 2015
Initial spray gave me a nice blast of citrus and vetiver (quality vetiver). Pretty linear for about an hour or so then you get a coffee hit out of nowhere. Caught me off-guard. Strange mixture but I like this one. 8/10
13th March, 2015
One of the best vetivers I've ever smelled...in fact, probably one of my favorite scents I own. I don't know how to describe it more in depth, other than to say it's different than any other vetiver I own. So sad it's discontinued.
11th March, 2015
Thanks, foetidus, for your second-paragraph, reflective, appreciation. That gives me hope for the drydown.

The more I smelled DV in its 5mL decant, the more floral it became. I had to apply some quickly just to give the fragrance a fair chance. It's still sweeter than I would prefer and lavender is just not my favorite note in a fragrance (though I love it in the original). As for coffee and grapefruit, well, it seems the copywriters were given the first draft of the first brainstormed concept of the frag.

Though I may wear this vetiver little, I'm still glad I've got it because, having enjoyed Cuir Cannage for a few weeks, I now have a sense of Dior's exclusive line.
19th September, 2014