Vétiver (2010)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Vétiver

Vétiver is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy

Vétiver fragrance notes

Reviews of Vétiver

Dior's take on Vetiver is modern, crisp and has a couple of interesting nuances. It is a relatively straightforward vetiver with a twist of a note of roasted coffee beans. There is an initial hint of grapefruit as the vetiver is introduced; the vetiver is fresh, has the slightest hint of smoke. It is joined by a faint aroma of roasted coffee beans. This coffee note brings out more the rooty and earthy qualities of the vetiver; however, such nuances are very much kept to a minimum. At times there are allusions to nutty and blond tobacco notes. Dior's Vetiver has appreciable soft sillage and a moderate duration of about six to seven hours, which is on or above par for vetiver fragrances.

Dior's Vetiver is a quality vetiver fragrance that is recommended to anyone exploring fresher takes on vetiver. The neutral rating is mostly reflective of personal taste. While I admire the composition, the note of coffee, and the resulting vetiver accord is not as engaging to one's tastes.

10th July, 2017
Dior's Vetiver is another beauty from the privee line, and like Eau Noire and Mitzah, it is also discontinued. It's green, woody, and dirty, an interesting and arguably middle-of-the-road vetiver take that is both familiar and refined, and probably unusually versatile. This might work as well in formal occasions as it does at the gym, even.

I don't smell any of the purported coffee note, just a woody base that may have something like patchouli or another earthy aspect paired with the vetiver itself.

Performance is good for an EDP, though not a powerhouse.

Frankly, if I were to opt for a fresher vetiver, I would select Roja Vetiver, and if were to opt for a dirtier, woody vetiver, I would choose Chanel Sycomore. Dior Vetiver is somewhere in between. It's difficult to stomach buying at now-discontinued secondary market prices, though, so I'll probably steer clear and just pick up Sycomore at some point in addition to the Roja Vetiver I just acquired.

7 out of 10
06th April, 2016
Modern and posh, yet classic and minimalistic.

A super clean and sharp vetiver coupled with a hefty dose of citrus rind. A rootier aspect peeks through along with a muted citrus in the dry down of the fragrance which lasts literally days on clothing and hours & hours on skin.

A grail vetiver that I'm sad to see Dior's discontinue.
10th September, 2015
The "Coffee" Vetiver

I find this one very similar to other "modem" interpretations of vetiver fragrances in that the main note is paired with other complimentary accords. In this case it's dark roasted coffee. I find this one quite similar to vetiver fatal by atelier cologne. It's similar in that the vetiver smells dark and "nutty", and almost has a sweet aspect to it.

I'm not sure if this is a "holy grail" of vetiver fragrances but I certainly like it. I think it's unique enough to own. It's just a shame that it's discontinued.
02nd August, 2015
Initial spray gave me a nice blast of citrus and vetiver (quality vetiver). Pretty linear for about an hour or so then you get a coffee hit out of nowhere. Caught me off-guard. Strange mixture but I like this one. 8/10
13th March, 2015
One of the best vetivers I've ever smelled...in fact, probably one of my favorite scents I own. I don't know how to describe it more in depth, other than to say it's different than any other vetiver I own. So sad it's discontinued.
11th March, 2015