Mitzah (2010)

Mitzah Fragrance notes

Amber, Patchouli, Incense

Shop for Mitzah products online

Reviews of Mitzah

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.
    positive 7 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

foetidus

A spicy rose in a strong labdanum accord opens Dior’s Mitzah. It’s a dramatic, exotic, and interesting opening, but its drama doesn’t last very long because it quickly loses the labdanum… soon after that the spicy rose wanes to become almost forgotten character until the subtle changes to the base enters in as a light incense / patchouli / honey takes over the final throes of the fragrance.

I’m quite unsure of what the basic nature of this fragrance is: I began by thinking that this might be a labdanum fragrance, a little later I switched to maybe it is a rose fragrance, and finally I thought it might turn out to be an incense fragrance. None of these turned out to be true. I’ve come to the see it as a very nicely performing spicy / rose with resinous and honey undertones. I enjoy it… it smells good to me... it smells good on me. I think it’s pretty much of a thumb’s up, except that its price demands more than it actually delevers. In all, Mitzah is an enjoyable fragrance that initially shows a deceiving promise of exoticism. However, what it delivers is unique and enjoyable enough for me to, for a while, consider purchasing it. Light to medium sillage – light to medium longevity.

17 March, 2014

Kain's avatar
    Kain
    Iran Iran

I don't know why they put this fragrance in women section because this could be perfectly a unisex fragrance or even a masculine one!
    Definitely has much more masculine feeling than many fragrances out there with masculine name on them!
    The opening is a semi sweet rose note with huge blast of patchouli and incense and some spices.
    The rose note is not overpowering, but it's not weak either.
    The patchouli note give the scent a sharp earthy and green/herbal feeling and incense give it a light smoky aroma now add some spices .... you have a beautiful opening.
    In mid the patchouli note and spices came in front and kicked the annoying rose completely to the background (I'm so so so so happy about that you sucker!)
    The scent in this part is great and very masculine in my opinion.
    The patchouli note has a very brutal and earthy aroma and also give the scent a wet feeling.
    The spices are pretty strong and they're challenging your nose. I can clearly smell strong black pepper note that give the scent a warm and beautiful spicy feeling.
    I can smell cinnamon too but it's much weaker against pepper and patchouli and give the scent a little more depth and bitter aroma.
    The scent has a slight amount of sweetness in the background too and I can ensure you this is not a sweet fragrance.
    In the base the scent only gets smoother. no big changes in the scent.
    This is the only fragrance with rose in it that I liked very much!
    Because the rose except a few minutes at the start is completely in the background and only play a small role but you can smell it always though.
    Projection is good and longevity is around 8-10 hours on my skin.
    The scent is not very different and daring but the smell and balance of the notes is great and I loved it.

30th January, 2014

sjg3839's avatar
    sjg3839

Mitzah is an amber scent on trainning wheels. For those who don't like the strong blast you get from most amber fragrances, this is the one for you. I get very light wood and incense notes which make this a nice fragrance. For the price, I would expect it to be bolder and stand out more.

I get the honey note like others have mentioned and this is a well made fragrance. Kind of reserved IMO, but overall it's a good fragrance. 8/10.

19 December, 2013

Captain's avatar
    Captain

Incense and honey, beauty and class. I adore it. It sounds over powering but I smell light spicy honey. If you love honey this is for you. But, it's not overwhelmingly sweet or cloying. It's perfectly balanced. I will cherish my 30 mls for very special occasions

06 December, 2013 (Last Edited: 03 April, 2014)

LANIER's avatar
    LANIER

Deep in the most ancient part of Istanbul, a honey yellow Turkish crescent moon of midnight creeps over the walls of the Topkapi palace. Summer dreams on the Bosporus are heady with the heavy exotic fragrances of the Grand Bazaar that linger in the serpentine streets as they waft toward the incense filled gardens on the edge of the city. In such gardens on just such a night as this lovers have met ever since scandalous Theadora danced before the infatuated Emperor Justinian at the dawn of Byzantium.

Rare and sensuous this night is filled with promise and sweet delights of desire tinged with danger. Women of ripe beauty peek in the moon glow from behind screens of carved ebony. They whisper to one another that the night is never long enough when He is near and always unending and eternal when he is not. That is the song of longing, of loves promise never fulfilled. Desire and dust wrapped in silk put away to save for the thing that can never really be. It is the dream of love.

This is all and everything I have found in the glorious perfume from Dior called Mitzah. Named for Christian Dior’s muse and friend Mitzah Bricard it is heady and hypnotic but never overwhelming. It is what I would call deep and multi layered in its design, a real stunner for me that never shouts but rather insinuates and seduces the one who wears it. And in so doing casts a spell of enchantment beyond the wrist, or from behind the ear out into a waiting world of yes.

Mitzah opens in a temple garden loaded with incense where a smooth coriander feeds and supports an ethereal velvet red rose. Then suddenly oriental fresh spices scatter across the skin as if spilled from huge terracotta jars in the bazaar at Alexandria.

It is so well made that the middle notes slowly unfurl like Cleopatra wrapped in an oriental rug that lay for years on the floor of a cinnamon warehouse. The highly erotic labdanum snakes over this rug and licks like a cat the creamy warm vanilla within this bowl of golden scent. You dare not close your eyes or you will be lost in a sumptuous whirlpool.

There is a long lazy luxurious slow stretching dry down where the thick honey still sticks to the honey comb and drips down over a layer of pungent patchouli. All of this majesty and resplendency is carried on the remaining whisper of that first incense from ancient temples dedicated to pagan gods of love.

Mitzah has a stable and long lasting silage that speaks of quality and lasts on my skin a good seven to nine hours. It comes on strong but don’t let that scare you. It is an oriental with a genteel soul and the longer it lays languorously on the skin the softer it becomes. It never powders down but rather wafts on with that incredible smoky slightly sweet incense. Mitzah is listed as a woman’s fragrance but in my experience it is remarkably masculine in a smart Near Eastern manner. When I wear it men invariably ask me what it is and where they can get a bottle. Mitzah is a sly seducer that works well on a man and is his equal on a woman and will blend with both chemistries. The chemistry it inspires is of skin upon skin that sparks the heart to a sweet madness. This meeting is in fact the Algerian love knot fragrance that two lovers could wear. Smelling of each other when they are apart and bending into a kiss of fragrance when they meet.
    FIVE GOLD STARS *****

05 December, 2012

Sniffmonkey's avatar
    Sniffmonkey

Adore this. Maybe it's not the most original scent to hit the headlines, but by heaven it's gorgeous. A cushioned, woody, spicy amber - colleagues mentioned Ambre Sultan and doughnuts when I wore it to work today! It smells luxurious yet approachable. 10 out of 10 from me.

23 May, 2012