Mitzah (2010)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Mitzah

Mitzah is a feminine perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy

Mitzah fragrance notes

Reviews of Mitzah

At the time of writing this Mitzah has been discontinued for at least two years.

For me Mitzah has everything I like in a fragrance. What it smells of is well documented here and there is nothing I can add to it except to say that I have pretty much all the Privee perfumes and if I had to give them all away except one, I would keep is Mitzah.

Mitzah's complexity, versatility and longevity are matched only by its elegance. It is very much a unisex fragrance and both my partner and myself wear it regularly. From start to finish it's delightful punchy patchouli beginning down to its warm amber dry-down is always delightful, you will get noticed wearing this fragrance, you will feel good wearing this fragrance.

Because it had already been discontinued when I bought for the first time I had to buy it blind. Now every city I go to that has a Dior Boutique can expect a visit from me looking for this fragrance. I never want to run out and so far I have collected 5 large bottles so hopefully I will never be without it.

30th May, 2017
Love at first smell: Dior Mitzah is a case where the reality of this now-discontinued Dior Prive fan favorite was met by reality. Cinnamon, incense, amber, honey, and vanilla make up the main portrait of the fragrance. Rose is involved but not prominent and the coriander is similarly used in only a small quantity, fortunately. Perhaps the honey and amber are most dominant for me in the blend, which stays relatively linear, but the cinnamon and vanilla contribute to the gourmand and the incense adds its characteristic ashy darkness to the mix that grounds the otherwise foody mix in something less playful.

Mitzah is smoky, sweet, and slightly spicy. While it leans toward cold weather due to the incense and cinnamon, this certainly strikes me as something that could be worn in warm weather, as well, perhaps simply with fewer sprays.

Performance is excellent, as a small sampling of this on my wrists projected significantly for several hours and then closer for some hours beyond that.

Attributing value to this, given its discontinued and increasingly rare status, is difficult, as prices seem to soar to double the current Dior Prive costs ($210 for 125ml) on the secondary market, but if you love it, and even this smallest offered bottle is a big one, it can surely last as long as you want it to.

Scent Split is where I obtained my sample, so I'd like to credit them with still offering this, along with a variety of other discontinued scents from a handful of houses.

10 out of 10
14th March, 2016 (last edited: 01st August, 2016)
Honey (a ton, but not too sweet, more on the earthy side), spices, patchouli – a nice, bold, really spicy, vaguely resinous but at the same time, dusty and dry opening. Kind of "roasted caramel" vibe. Also with a strong herbal/medicinal balsamic feel. I get an amber accord even if it's not listed. Then it slowly evolves into an incense accord with a rose heart and honey, with just a touch of vibrant green notes (bitter like an olive from times to times). Must admit I quite like the "blend" overall, all is well made, well developed, with good materials which smell just as they should. Not exactly anything "distinctive", but sometimes fragrances are good just being "good" even if they don't have much of a personality (like this one). The spicy drydown reminds me of Eau Noire. Perhaps the best among the exclusive line.

7,5-8/10
21st April, 2014

A spicy rose in a strong labdanum accord opens Dior’s Mitzah. It’s a dramatic, exotic, and interesting opening, but its drama doesn’t last very long because it quickly loses the labdanum… soon after that the spicy rose wanes to become almost forgotten character until the subtle changes to the base enters in as a light incense / patchouli / honey takes over the final throes of the fragrance.

I’m quite unsure of what the basic nature of this fragrance is: I began by thinking that this might be a labdanum fragrance, a little later I switched to maybe it is a rose fragrance, and finally I thought it might turn out to be an incense fragrance. None of these turned out to be true. I’ve come to the see it as a very nicely performing spicy / rose with resinous and honey undertones. I enjoy it… it smells good to me... it smells good on me. I think it’s pretty much of a thumb’s up, except that its price demands more than it actually delevers. In all, Mitzah is an enjoyable fragrance that initially shows a deceiving promise of exoticism. However, what it delivers is unique and enjoyable enough for me to, for a while, consider purchasing it. Light to medium sillage – light to medium longevity.
17th March, 2014
I don't know why they put this fragrance in women section because this could be perfectly a unisex fragrance or even a masculine one!
Definitely has much more masculine feeling than many fragrances out there with masculine name on them!
The opening is a semi sweet rose note with huge blast of patchouli and incense and some spices.
The rose note is not overpowering, but it's not weak either.
The patchouli note give the scent a sharp earthy and green/herbal feeling and incense give it a light smoky aroma now add some spices .... you have a beautiful opening.
In mid the patchouli note and spices came in front and kicked the annoying rose completely to the background (I'm so so so so happy about that you sucker!)
The scent in this part is great and very masculine in my opinion.
The patchouli note has a very brutal and earthy aroma and also give the scent a wet feeling.
The spices are pretty strong and they're challenging your nose. I can clearly smell strong black pepper note that give the scent a warm and beautiful spicy feeling.
I can smell cinnamon too but it's much weaker against pepper and patchouli and give the scent a little more depth and bitter aroma.
The scent has a slight amount of sweetness in the background too and I can ensure you this is not a sweet fragrance.
In the base the scent only gets smoother. no big changes in the scent.
This is the only fragrance with rose in it that I liked very much!
Because the rose except a few minutes at the start is completely in the background and only play a small role but you can smell it always though.
Projection is good and longevity is around 8-10 hours on my skin.
The scent is not very different and daring but the smell and balance of the notes is great and I loved it.
30th January, 2014
Mitzah is an amber scent on trainning wheels. For those who don't like the strong blast you get from most amber fragrances, this is the one for you. I get very light wood and incense notes which make this a nice fragrance. For the price, I would expect it to be bolder and stand out more.

I get the honey note like others have mentioned and this is a well made fragrance. Kind of reserved IMO, but overall it's a good fragrance. 8/10.
19th December, 2013