M Génération (2010)

PerfumerHenri Bergia
PerfumerClaire Chambert
Parent CompanySelective Beauty

About M Génération

M Génération is a masculine fragrance by Mauboussin. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Claire Chambert and Henri Bergia

Reviews of M Génération

This is hamster cage in a bottle.
But a GOLDEN hamster cage, and a superb beautiful bottle.
The bottle looks like a copper menhir, a copper rounded stone, patina and looks like it's old, but people want to touch it all the time, like the titties on statues LOL.
It is very good quality, it has a longevity of 36 hours on my skin.
Yes, a lot of cedar, a lot. That's why I cannot give it a full blown 10, but, the incense like drydown is so nice, I keep smelling my arm on and on.

I bought this for only 37 Euro on the internet, 100 ml., I was getting the idea from a review on You Tube by , mind you, a teenager, very unprofessional, but enthusiastic reviewer from NJ. His reactions brought me to think this was something very special.
I have V & R Spicebomb, but I cannot wear it, I find it too heavy, too Christmas pie for me (V & R Antidote is heaven).
So:
longevity : 10
sillage: 7/8
overall smell: 9
30th June, 2015
Somewhere in the same group with Interlude Man, and Bentley Intense, only much better, and much more wearable. Upen the opening I get a lot of incense, but it quickly mellows into a heavy dose of iris and sweet woodsy notes.. probably the combination of sandalwood and cinnamon. It has a incense feel more than an incense smell to me. No stupid annoying fruity notes here, just pure manliness. Modern, conservative, and niche quality for sure. Great price too. Would love if they made smaller bottles, like a 1.7 oz or even a 1 oz, 3.3 oz of this will never get used in my collection.

This also reminds me of Versace Man, without all the saffron.
27th January, 2015 (last edited: 13th February, 2015)
Searching for a decent incense scent I tried many decants based on Basenotes reviews. Far above all the rest for me is M Generation. Certainly on a par with Avignon, but far less costly, it is for me the perfect incense. On my skin it opens with a brief touch of bergamot, and develops quickly into a sweet, intense blend of a very warm, slightly spicy incense, gently supported by the base of cedar, guaic and sandalwood. It avoids the smoke/tar-like scent found it so many other incense blends. It has fairly strong silage at the beginning, but within 30 minutes or so becomes a delightful skin scent on me. It has extreme longevity: I can still smell it on my skin 24 hours later. Perhaps best suited for those chilly fall and winter days than for spring or summer. One side note: my spouse tried this and could only detect a rather harsh guaic note on his skin, so you may want to try a sample before buying.
12th November, 2014
M Generation is one of the best inexpensive fragrances you'll find period. The opening of M is pretty much what you'll get throughout the rest of the fragrances life which is a good thing. There's more of a focus on the ginger and nutmeg in the opening with a touch of cinnamon and incense resting on the cedar base. After a couple of hours most of the notes are still there and the cedar is the main player. If you like spicy and woody (cedar) fragrances M shouldn't be missed.
12th April, 2014
Incense, spices and light woods make this a very good fragrance. I get the touch of jasmine in there as well. At first, I thought I got a hint of oud in there but the incense combined with the spices that gave it that effect. If you are a fan of incense, this is a good one for you. 8/10
07th April, 2014
This will be my first comment on a scent but this one convinced me to register and comment.

The start is kind of too heavy for me ( I agree with being your head in a cedar box ). But i should say after an hour its starting to show you incense and its turning into something refreshing somehow creamy and manly. it was a blind buy based on the reviews. And I am really glad. Thumbs up.
28th March, 2014

Add your review of M Génération

Shop for M Génération products online

Shop for M Génération at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for M Génération

Member images of M Génération

There are no member images of M Génération yet. Why not be the first?