Séville à l'Aube (2012)

PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Séville à l'Aube

Séville à l'Aube is a feminine perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

Reviews of Séville à l'Aube

Seville a L'Aube is a rich orange blossom fragrance by L'Artisan that shuns the usual subtlety of other L'Artisan fragrances, and opts for a more direct and robust constitution. It begins with a piercing, rich and bittersweet neroli and petitgrain accord, laced with lavender. This is soon joined by a honeyed beeswax note that provides a sweet counterbalance to the initial bitterness. This neroli-beeswax accord forms the centrepiece of the composition, which is joined by incensy-balsamic notes in the base where one gets hints of benzoin. I experience a persistent but close to skin sillage, and an average duration of six to seven hours. This also feels much more bodacious compared to other L'Artisan fragrances.

Seville a L'Aube is an interesting fragrance among orange blossom compositions. It's definitely not a fresh take, and is thus different from Nicolai's Cologne Sologne or Neroli by Czech & Speake. It's closer in structure to compositions like Fleurs d'Oranger (Lutens) or Neroli Outrenoir. It employs sufficient complexity, and is quite enjoyable - especially after the initial phase. I prefer the Lutens due to its contrasting and interesting dose of cumin with neroli, and the only reason I do not find Seville a L'Aube more compelling is because of personal taste - and also the fact that orange blossom is not among my favourite notes.

A definite recommendation for anyone looking for a substantial orange blossom fragrance.

3/5 (neutral)
29th August, 2017
Séville à l'Aube is sweet orange and incense with a nice tarry edge along with some honey. I like it but can sometimes find it a little cloying. It doesn't really make me think of Seville or even Spain, but it is one of the few perfumes that I think only works at night, and outside on a summer's night if possible. In this warm night-scented floral incense vibe, it has a midnight in an exotic garden feeling, but for me it isn't muscular enough to evoke Spain. But then again, there is a certain honeyed orangey tobacco tinged feeling to the drydown that may indeed be Seville.
20th July, 2017
Sweet orange blossom, there is a soft, candy-like feel to it that is fairly annoying with its strength.

The floral notes must be keeping me from detecting the honey, which I normally enjoy as a background note in fragrances.

After a short time I can detect a metallic note, which is sharp and doesn't smell good.

All-in-all I did not enjoy this perfume.
23rd April, 2016
I can't recall the last time I so badly wanted an opening accord to last forever. Smelling this is like cracking open a classic petitgrain and lavender men's frag from the 40's or 50's which has been trapped in amber. It's sweet, bitter, aromatic, and warm, and the orangey-amber glow reminds me more than a little of Minotaure and New York, those beautiful Mediterranean Orientals. While the top phase is most definitely the more enjoyable part of the fragrance (but so very short-lived!)I really enjoy l'Aube. Even if there is a tad too much benzoin involved the heart of it smells like the simultaneously dirty-resinous-powdery effect achieved before in Ungaro II and Jicky. I can't help but wonder if my naturally dry skin tones down the sweetness a little, because it doesn't come off as cloying on me but there sure are a lot of folks who don't like this one because of the sweetness and volume it provides. All completely reasonable, but this one is an unshakable 'Yes' from me.
04th January, 2016
Eos Show all reviews
The first very few minutes of Seville a l'aube are my favorite. Dabbing it from my sample vial, I get a giant, dusky orange blossom and something oriental. This is how I had imagined it would be and I was very excited.

However, the rest of the wear time is filled with a large dose of lavender, tobacco, astringently green petit grain and something that doesn't actually smell like beeswax but rather alludes to the texture of it. The orange blossom tries to fight its way through, but isn't able to compete with the green-herbal-woody facets.

To my surprise, I never got much benzoin or honey as has been reported here. Contrary to reviews below, I didn't find this very sweet at all. The drydown is a hazy, dusky indistinct floral and herbal with smooth woody undertones. Occasionally this haze is broken up by a brief waft of something that is probably the olibanum note, its smells faintly like an evergreen resin--piney and sharp.

Overall, I would say this is a very nice fragrance, but on my skin this reads more like a feminine leaning fougere composition than an oriental floral. Blind buying is strongly discouraged simply because my experience with this was so different from what I had anticipated.
29th October, 2015
Quite sweet, which is usually something I'd avoid, but in this case it's a naturalistic-smelling sweet of citrus with honey, amber and florals, rather than the synthetic gummi bears and candyfloss dissolved in shampoo sweet that's in all the pink celebuscents.

Always amazed not to be swarmed by bees when wearing it.
25th October, 2015

Add your review of Séville à l'Aube

Shop for Séville à l'Aube products online

Search Amazon for Séville à l'Aube

Member images of Séville à l'Aube

There are no member images of Séville à l'Aube yet. Why not be the first?