Boston Ivy (2011)

Year of Launch2011

HouseD.S. & Durga
PerfumerDavid Moltz

About Boston Ivy

Boston Ivy is a masculine fragrance by D.S. & Durga. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer David Moltz

Boston Ivy fragrance notes

Reviews of Boston Ivy

Boston Ivy is an aquatic with a distinctly minty element that doesn't appear explicitly in the note listing but that I'm guessing is created by the lime mixed with ivy. Definitely a different take on an aquatic, warm weather-leaning scent, this pairing yields a fairly unisex combination that I think some will like and some will hate. This surely isn't a universal winner, and not a winner by individual taste as well, as that minty element is not something that's terribly palatable at any time of year. There is a herbier side to this in the dry down, especially, likely brought about by the galbanum and oakmoss.

Projection is decent at the opening, but the longevity is relatively weak, and I question the EDP concentration in this case. It wore off on my skin within 3 hours, barely being a skin scent after that.

This isn't one I'll be buying, and it's not unpleasant--the notes just don't blend well for me.

6 out of 10
29th June, 2015
I get two distinct green accords at work here: the first a dark, lush green coupled with a synthetic mossy-feel. I donít say that to put it down; it smells interesting to me. The second is a light green accord: the scent of cucumbers, buried underneath the darker green accord. Two strikes for me: the two accords donít come together and I really donít like the scent of cucumbers.
12th June, 2015
Boston Ivy is a unique and interesting fragrance that really can't be compared to any other that I am familiar with. I liked BI right away, however it's taken several wearings for me to fully appreciate how original and well constructed this fragance is. The main notes are green ivy and ocean salt. The background notes are soil and a light floral. It's a definite fresh green scent and the ivy and ocean salt seem to drift back and forth with each other. Makes me think of being on a green shoreline, as a wave washes in you catch the scent of ocean salt, as the wave washes back out the green ivy takes back over. It's one of those fragrances that is better described as an atmosphere. Like a New England sea shore. Sillage is low average, but maintains itself lightly for about 6 hours. Although BI could be worn as an office scent, I think it has a more casual appeal and would be well received in a wide variety of occasions and seasons.

A truly unique fragrance and a certain Thumbs Up.
06th April, 2015 (last edited: 28th April, 2015)

The ivy in Boston Ivy approaches mint with it's cooling green sweetness and a crisp, clean air. Beneath it lies the smell of dirt, as if the Ivy has been pulled up from from the ground, shaken off, and a trace of the damp soil remains on its roots. The opening actually reminds me of the opening in Cartier's Roadster, which I like very much. However, Boston Ivy remains mostly linear with its cool, green top while moving gradually in the direction of a soft earthiness with a touch of spice. Roadster goes all over the place and leaves a bit of a chaotic mess in its wake. Anyway, I've really enjoyed Boston Ivy the times I've worn it. There may be a moment or two where a certain mustiness appears in the mix, but it disappears and is actually less apparent the more generously the perfume is applied. Projection is quite good--this is one that creeps up on you, so be careful with how much you apply. Longevity is about 6 to 8 hours. Very nice and I'd say almost perfect if you're looking for a naturally green autumnal scent.
15th October, 2014
Off the beach and on to school!

Boston Ivy is the perfect End of Summer and Back to School scent. It's got enough sea salt to make you remember summer on the beach, and the clover notes are invigorating and reminiscent of academia.

DS and Durga do this kind of thing amazingly well - evocative green scents (try their Cowboy Grass as well.)

Pros: wonderfully salty, long-lasting and dusky green scent

03rd September, 2013
My first fragrance by ds durga and wow am I impressed! Easily my favorite go-to scent for the springtime. Not quite as green as one might expect after reading the list of notes. Lots of clover. Very long lasting and high quality. Big thumbs up.
18th May, 2012

Add your review of Boston Ivy

Shop for Boston Ivy products online

Shop for Boston Ivy at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Boston Ivy

Member images of Boston Ivy

There are no member images of Boston Ivy yet. Why not be the first?