Rose Fraîche (2012)

HouseYves Rocher
PerfumerShyamala Maisondieu
SupplierGivaudan

About Rose Fraîche

Rose Fraîche is a feminine perfume by Yves Rocher. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Shyamala Maisondieu

Rose Fraîche fragrance notes

Reviews of Rose Fraîche

The consensus seems to be that Rose Fraîche delivers a fresh, pink rose as promised, much closer to peony. Unfortunately, the tart citruses together with fruity+woodsy notes and musk create such an unpleasant, artificially sour staleness on my skin that spoils the whole for me.

At the very first test, expecting a "fresh and delicate" rose based on the reviews, I had perceived this as a non-natural, high-pitched, headache-inducing strong peony going through a phase of astringent bathroom air-refreshner to finally a soapy and salty musky dry down. Consequently, I had written it off for a few years, until I suddenly fancied trying it again, lusting after rose fragrances.
It was like a 180 degrees change from the first time: Rose Fraîche presented exactly the kind of rose I had wanted, crisp freshness mixed with light yet distinct pink rose petals with which I could've covered myself. Now, I couldn't get enough of it; using this over a couple of months from spring to early summer as my morning refreshing cologne and never tiring of it, I then even put it away for fear of using up too fast before a back up bottle was in sight.

However, as irony would have it, after actually purchasing some back ups and reaching for it in relieved joy, I noticed that my perception of the same fragrance had changed; the sweet-sourness as described at the beginning had usurped the much appreciated fresh rose,to the point of causing discomfort past the headaches. It's a pity if this happens with a fragrance, but you can't mend a broken plate.

Rose Fraîche has been likened to Paul Smith, together with Body Shop Atlas Mountain Rose. While the Body Shop version does have a citrusy opening, I find it more rounded with a soft sweetness. However, this EDT on me lasts longer than the Body Shop EDP and with better projection, wafting from sprayed spots for at least 3-4 hours and even longer on clothes.
07th July, 2017 (last edited: 08th July, 2017)
This is supposed to catch the scent of a dewy rose at daybreak. It starts with a fresh green rose and doesn't loose this until the dry down when you still can feel the rose through the musk. I don't get any fruity or woody notes, though the latter would have been welcome.
Rose fraiche gives a feeling like walking through a rose garden when the roses are not in full bloom yet, there is something very green and citrusy in the air as well.It is a fresh light eau de toilette for those occasions when one doesn't want to be overly perfumed. It is light and nice, sillage and longevity could be better though.
(This is for a 20ml bottle I got for free from Yves Rocher, though I like it I would not buy.)
22nd December, 2013

Add your review of Rose Fraîche

Shop for Rose Fraîche products online

Search Amazon for Rose Fraîche

Member images of Rose Fraîche

There are no member images of Rose Fraîche yet. Why not be the first?