Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue (2012)
by Prada

Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue information

Year of Launch2012
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

PerfumerDaniela Andrier
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue

Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue is a feminine perfume by Prada. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Daniela Andrier

Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue fragrance notes

Reviews of Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue

Imagine a gigantic damp powder puff that somehow smooshes and caresses you at the same time. That's what Prada's Infusion d'Iris Absolue is like. Spray it on, and it envelops you in a cool haze that reminds me of an instruction our conductor once gave my orchestra for a pianamissimo section of a piece: he told us to play the part as if it were "far away loud." Somehow, despite Iris Absolue's softness, it has something that I can only describe as a quality of firm radiance. It's there, but it's ethereal, and never screechy or headache-inducing.

I agree with another reviewer who points out that there's something Chanel--esqe at work here; to me, it's the way the aldehydes gracefully sift the scents of iris, orange flower, vanilla and musk over and over one another. Projection is excellent (and you *can* overspray this). I wish the show went on longer, but it's sooo good while it lasts.
07th March, 2016 (last edited: 26th May, 2016)
Where the original is watery, cool, and crisp/bitter, the Absolue is rich, sweet, and warm. The iris is much more evident to my nose in the Absolue version than in the original – it is rooty, thick, and almost bready.

If you can imagine a braided Easter bread stuffed with butter, eggs, and sugar, fresh out of the oven and cut open, then the iris here has a similar sweet doughiness.

I can think of only two other iris-centric fragrances where the iris gives off a sweet, yeasty/bready aroma, one being the current Mitsouko EDP and the other being Chanel No. 18. It is an enchanting, addictive aroma, and one that draws me further into the fragrance.

There is nothing fresh, green, or watery about the Absolue version. The sweet oriental base - vanillic-ambery resins (benzoin, oppoponax), a nicely “aged” vanilla, and some tonka bean - wafts up at you throughout the life of the scent, turning the iris note into a silky, buttery thing of sheer luxury. If the original is a wisp of chiffon, then the Absolue is a warm cashmere wrap. Yes, I did it - I just invoked The Great Big Cliche of perfume writing. But it applies here, so I'm going to be lazy and just leave it there.

This is my new "professional" scent for those days when I know I have meetings with clients. I like to try and strike a compromise on my fragrance choice while meeting a client - it has to be demure and classy enough not to distract the client, but also beautiful enough to keep me happy and relaxed. This does the job very well, and so it joins my usual line-up of 31 Rue Cambon by Chanel and Cuir Pleine Fleur by James Heeley.

Neither the original Infusion nor the Absolue last very long on me, but since I favor rich, oriental perfumes over fresh, citrusy ones (as a rule), I much prefer the Absolue. The quality of that iris is just outstanding, as is that warm, sweet resin base. I would wear the Absolue on cooler days and the original Infusion d’Iris on hot, summer days, or after hot showers.
07th March, 2016

I love and own Prada Infusion d’Iris so I was expecting the Absolue version to be even better. No such luck. The iris note in Infusion d’Iris Absolue does what a strong iris note often does to me, it smells more like violet leaf than iris or orris. I strongly dislike violet notes so this one is a loser for me. But that’s alright… I still have Infusion d’Iris.

17th February, 2016
I bought Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue by Prada by mistake. I already own Infusion D'Homme and Infusion D'Vetiver (I think that's the correct spelling). Anyway, when I opened the bottle and sprayed some on my wrist I liked it. Then I realized it was a woman's perfume. But you know what, I am going to keep it because in my opinion, this can be worn by a man as well. I don't find it very flowery and smells similar to Infusion D'Homme, only sweeter and gentler.
I will be wearing it once in a while
04th December, 2014
Rock solid performer from Prada, better than the original Infusion to my mind. There's something Chanelesque about the way it wafts and wends its way around you and the mistake would be to think you could wear it every day, where I fear you would become a little anosmic. I qualify that by saying that the longevity is not as durable as the original and as others have noted the carrot goes before the stick, the iris (carroty orris butter) fades quickly to the golden benzoin afterglow. It's quite a romantic little number though and the acid test is whether or not you reach for it when pushed for time. I confess that I do and I that I have a back up.
I have bath salts in the original Infusion D'Iris and a new bath, one of those Victoria and Albert ones that I have waited to be a grand old age to own, after a lifetime of acrylic monstrosities I might add. Add Iris in all its forms to create the most luxurious bathing experience followed by Man style pyjamas, a dressing gown with a braid revere and softly scented breath on skin, Iris Absolu
19th May, 2014 (last edited: 19th September, 2014)
Take Infusion d'Iris edp & add

Oppoponax (Manoa from Memo)
A bit of mastica
Concentrated vanilla (vintage Shalimar)

Very very nice.
12th January, 2014

Add your review of Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue

Shop for Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue products online

Search Amazon for Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue

Member images of Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue

There are no member images of Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue yet. Why not be the first?