Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue (2012)
by Prada

Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue information

Year of Launch2012
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HousePrada
PerfumerDaniela Andrier
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue

Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue is a feminine perfume by Prada. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Daniela Andrier

Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue fragrance notes

Reviews of Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue

This is on par with some of my favorite iris fragrances such as Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist and Xerjoff Irisss, with a definite, pronounced iris; soft, wearable, and almost edible.
26th August, 2017
High quality from Prada. Ethereal, feminine, and intoxicating. This is the best iris concoction in my collection. It is probably one of the best out there.

The vanilla and musk soften the iris. It is deep, with out drowning you. Overall it is very pretty, for lack of a better word.
17th May, 2017
Imagine a gigantic damp powder puff that somehow smooshes and caresses you at the same time. That's what Prada's Infusion d'Iris Absolue is like. Spray it on, and it envelops you in a cool haze that reminds me of an instruction our conductor once gave my orchestra for a pianamissimo section of a piece: he told us to play the part as if it were "far away loud." Somehow, despite Iris Absolue's softness, it has something that I can only describe as a quality of firm radiance. It's there, but it's ethereal, and never screechy or headache-inducing.

I agree with another reviewer who points out that there's something Chanel--esqe at work here; to me, it's the way the aldehydes gracefully sift the scents of iris, orange flower, vanilla and musk over and over one another. Projection is excellent (and you *can* overspray this). I wish the show went on longer, but it's sooo good while it lasts.
07th March, 2016 (last edited: 26th May, 2016)
Where the original is watery, cool, and crisp/bitter, the Absolue is rich, sweet, and warm. The iris is much more evident to my nose in the Absolue version than in the original – it is rooty, thick, and almost bready.

If you can imagine a braided Easter bread stuffed with butter, eggs, and sugar, fresh out of the oven and cut open, then the iris here has a similar sweet doughiness.

I can think of only two other iris-centric fragrances where the iris gives off a sweet, yeasty/bready aroma, one being the current Mitsouko EDP and the other being Chanel No. 18. It is an enchanting, addictive aroma, and one that draws me further into the fragrance.

There is nothing fresh, green, or watery about the Absolue version. The sweet oriental base - vanillic-ambery resins (benzoin, oppoponax), a nicely “aged” vanilla, and some tonka bean - wafts up at you throughout the life of the scent, turning the iris note into a silky, buttery thing of sheer luxury. If the original is a wisp of chiffon, then the Absolue is a warm cashmere wrap. Yes, I did it - I just invoked The Great Big Cliche of perfume writing. But it applies here, so I'm going to be lazy and just leave it there.

This is my new "professional" scent for those days when I know I have meetings with clients. I like to try and strike a compromise on my fragrance choice while meeting a client - it has to be demure and classy enough not to distract the client, but also beautiful enough to keep me happy and relaxed. This does the job very well, and so it joins my usual line-up of 31 Rue Cambon by Chanel and Cuir Pleine Fleur by James Heeley.

Neither the original Infusion nor the Absolue last very long on me, but since I favor rich, oriental perfumes over fresh, citrusy ones (as a rule), I much prefer the Absolue. The quality of that iris is just outstanding, as is that warm, sweet resin base. I would wear the Absolue on cooler days and the original Infusion d’Iris on hot, summer days, or after hot showers.
07th March, 2016

I love and own Prada Infusion d’Iris so I was expecting the Absolue version to be even better. No such luck. The iris note in Infusion d’Iris Absolue does what a strong iris note often does to me, it smells more like violet leaf than iris or orris. I strongly dislike violet notes so this one is a loser for me. But that’s alright… I still have Infusion d’Iris.

17th February, 2016
I bought Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue by Prada by mistake. I already own Infusion D'Homme and Infusion D'Vetiver (I think that's the correct spelling). Anyway, when I opened the bottle and sprayed some on my wrist I liked it. Then I realized it was a woman's perfume. But you know what, I am going to keep it because in my opinion, this can be worn by a man as well. I don't find it very flowery and smells similar to Infusion D'Homme, only sweeter and gentler.
I will be wearing it once in a while
04th December, 2014