Turtle Vetiver Front (2012)
by LesNez

Turtle Vetiver Front information

Year of Launch2012

HouseLesNez
PerfumerIsabelle Doyen
Parent CompanyLesNez

About Turtle Vetiver Front

Turtle Vetiver Front is a feminine perfume by LesNez. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Isabelle Doyen

Turtle Vetiver Front fragrance notes

Reviews of Turtle Vetiver Front

I can't smell the turtle in here. Vetiver, yes but turtle? Nada. Earlier reviews were indeed spot on - I get the same vetiver experience: raw, rooty-earthy and smoky-woodsy in the beginning but swiftly transitioning to a plush and somewhat creamy vetiver note.

Performance-wise it is acceptably average.

Ultimately TURTLE VETIVER FRONT is a gender-neutral fuss-free vetiver-centric scent, one that is easy to enjoy. And I did. But where's the turtle? Perhaps it lurks in the damp faintly musty algae-like note somewhere in the drydown.
01st December, 2015
On first application to my skin I'm getting a very woody and strong vetiver note. Now the vetiver is very earthy and raw without anything else getting in the way.

After time passes the vetiver becomes more mossy and smoky and settles down fast. It's very good if you like raw straight up vetiver fragrances. But it does not quite live up to the glorious raw pungent opening.

A very good no frills raw vetiver that opens like a dragon and settles on your skin like a puppy. lol... Thumbs up though!
24th May, 2014
AlHamr Show all reviews
Oh yeah, what a ride!

But for something that starts with such a bang, it settles down very quickly very close to the skin and longevity is disappointing on me. I think this might be because it really is not much else but vetiver. At very close quarters it does linger almost imperceptibly though, but for something with such a big opening it feels like a bit of an anticlimax.

My quest for the perfect vetiver continues. For everyday I'll keep the Guerlain, but for sheer (albeit short-lived) earthy pungency and authenticity, Turtle wins.
25th July, 2012 (last edited: 02nd August, 2012)
Very monochromatic, it's vetiver front, back, up and down. And little else. It's a little too one-note for me.
02nd May, 2012
I love it..amazing scent! Raw vetiver! Unisex?!! Yes!
15th March, 2012
Marais Show all reviews
I count myself as a vetiver-fan but this one had me running back sobbing to Papa Guerlain, begging for forgiveness. A loud, raw, rooty vetiver, reminiscent of those of MPG (Route du Vetiver) and Villoresi, but with an ill-blended, bolted-on iodinous marine algal component (like you find in Goutal's Vetiver, only amplified). The latter ruined it for me; I felt like the Creature from the Swamp, only more self-conscious, and was relieved to finally wash it off. Longevity and sillage: too good.
14th March, 2012 (last edited: 15th March, 2012)

Add your review of Turtle Vetiver Front

Shop for Turtle Vetiver Front products online

Search Amazon for Turtle Vetiver Front

Member images of Turtle Vetiver Front

There are no member images of Turtle Vetiver Front yet. Why not be the first?