Turtle Vetiver Front (2012)
    by LesNez

Average Rating: 4

Based on 16 ratings

Turtle Vetiver Front Fragrance notes

Vetiver, Coconut lactone, Moss, Ambergris

Turtle Vetiver Front information

Turtle Vetiver Front is a women's fragrance by LesNez. The scent was launched in 2012

Reviews of Turtle Vetiver Front

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.

Jack Hunter's avatar

On first application to my skin I'm getting a very woody and strong vetiver note. Now the vetiver is very earthy and raw without anything else getting in the way.

After time passes the vetiver becomes more mossy and smoky and settles down fast. It's very good if you like raw straight up vetiver fragrances. But it does not quite live up to the glorious raw pungent opening.

A very good no frills raw vetiver that opens like a dragon and settles on your skin like a puppy. lol... Thumbs up though!

24 May, 2014

AlHamr's avatar

Oh yeah, what a ride!

But for something that starts with such a bang, it settles down very quickly very close to the skin and longevity is disappointing on me. I think this might be because it really is not much else but vetiver. At very close quarters it does linger almost imperceptibly though, but for something with such a big opening it feels like a bit of an anticlimax.

My quest for the perfect vetiver continues. For everyday I'll keep the Guerlain, but for sheer (albeit short-lived) earthy pungency and authenticity, Turtle wins.

25 July, 2012 (Last Edited: 02 August, 2012)

furrypine's avatar

Norway Norway

Very monochromatic, it's vetiver front, back, up and down. And little else. It's a little too one-note for me.

02 May, 2012

Balvon's avatar

Lithuania Lithuania

I love it..amazing scent! Raw vetiver! Unisex?!! Yes!

15 March, 2012

Marais's avatar

I count myself as a vetiver-fan but this one had me running back sobbing to Papa Guerlain, begging for forgiveness. A loud, raw, rooty vetiver, reminiscent of those of MPG (Route du Vetiver) and Villoresi, but with an ill-blended, bolted-on iodinous marine algal component (like you find in Goutal's Vetiver, only amplified). The latter ruined it for me; I felt like the Creature from the Swamp, only more self-conscious, and was relieved to finally wash it off. Longevity and sillage: too good.

14 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 15 March, 2012)

Dernier_Cri's avatar

So you love vetiver? Then you have to try this. Out of the box this is vetiver in all it's glory exuding it's relentless, captivating, smoky, mulchy, rooty aura. I keep a little bottle of Elizabeth Van Buren Vetiver distillate (for reference only) on a shelf next to the pickled mushrooms. Turtle Vetiver Front has more of the character of this particular vetiver "oil" than any other vetiver-centered blended fragrance I have sampled. The oil is not wearable as a body scent. TVF certainly is. Turtle Vetiver Front also calls strongly to mind Lyn Harris' Vetiver Bourbon, one of the great perfume loves of my wasted life. TVF dries down to quiet elegance. Moss and ambergris contribute. There's a very mild mustiness like a sweet mildew that lurks in the drydown. It adds interest here rather than detracts. Overall any exceptional thing.

07 March, 2012