Agarwoud (2012)

Agarwoud information

Agarwoud is a unisex fragrance by Heeley. The scent was launched in 2012

Shop for Agarwoud products online

Reviews of Agarwoud

Showing 1 to 6 of 10 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral5 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

purecaramel's avatar

I applied this to my wrists and my nose picked up two notes. Rose and Beer. As time passed I recognized a faint woody note and a light rose again. It was a transparent and ethereal rose and pleasant, however ultimately boring. Offered a whiff to my brother-in law to ask his impressions. Without prompting he said "Hmm, Rose and Beer" We both moved on to watching the wives ordering dinner at the KiKi Bar. Cuir Pleine Fleur is much more interesting to this kid!

31st March, 2014

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

A simple, safe, quality, well made, well balanced and repetitive oud and rose combo.
    This is the best way to describe this fragrance.
    The whole idea of the scent is just a soft, none offensive scent.
    The rose note is very fresh and a transparent.
    It's not so heavy and in your face. it's not very sweet and syrupy. it's not so spicy, very woody or animalic ..... it's just simple, pleasant and fresh rose with a little bit of sweetness.
    The oud note is light, but strong enough to give the scent a dark and woody feeling.
    The incense note shows up just for a short time at the opening with slight smoky vibe, but disappears before even you can catch it.
    If you like this combination and want something without anything that piss you off, this is for you.
    Both projection and longevity is average. around 4-5 hours of longevity and medium projection.
    I like it. not a bottle worthy fragrance for me but I like it.
    Great quality and very good balance of the notes is something that shine in this fragrance.

24 December, 2013

Dernier_Cri's avatar

Heeley Agarwoud is at it's best just after it first goes on your skin. And it has a lot of appeal at that point. So pretty. So simple. A pretty rose-scented jelly candy. Pretty pretty pretty. But elegant too. The sweet oud gives it it's gel quality.
    And that's it.......
    And maybe that's the problem I always seem to have with it. I tire of it so quickly. Poor thing.

09 February, 2013

flathorn's avatar

I like Darvant's review of this fragrance, as he hit the nail on the head of what appeals to me so much about Agarwoud, but didn't quite realize until reading his words. He called it an "angelical type of fragrances, with a sort of ethereal cool vibe that seems floating in the air as a beatifying cloud".
    That's it - it has a light, uplifting vibe, a consecrated wood feel. I had always heard about the spiritual quality of Oud essential oil and wood, but never picked that up in oud perfumes. But, I finally got it with this one.
    Yes, it comes in on a flooded market. But for me, it's spiritual take on the essence of oud makes it stand out (and at this point for me, stand alone). I love it.
    I think the luminous wonder of this wafting oud must be taken with a different attitude than other ouds. Most are dark, rough, even brutal, as the impulse to explore the earth and fire side of oud has prevailed in fragrances. I don't diss that at all - one of my favorite fragrances is Black Aoud.
    But Heeley has gone the other direction, giving this one air, silence, and water. What an amazing transformation! Darvant is right - it's as if oud were beatified. I didn't realize oud was so adaptable, except what's really going on is this quality was always there. I'm very glad to have found a fragrance that opened this up for me.

21st January, 2013

dvdlpznyc's avatar

Very attractive bottle. Magnificent minimalism. However, the scent itself is very "short" AND very "small" making the expense entirely unreasonable in my opinion. More specifically, it smells more than terrific and more than wonderful, but it does not leave the skin, requring you to somehow stick your nose in your neck in order to detect it (which is why I chose to wear it on my forearms and wrists), unless you want to spray a lot of it on yourself and that's just a miserable downhill battle of wasting money and offending random passersby.

11th January, 2013

Darvant's avatar

I tend to appreciate a lot such minimalistic immaculate/absolute and angelical type of fragrances, scents with a sort of ethereal cool vibe that seems floating in the air as a beatifying cloud. Overall i use to fully admire some types of incense fragrances in which the master creator is so craft and expert to hide the incensey presence in a sort of cool/rosey/slightly dusty (but in a silky and impalpable mode) way to seem holy. This fragrance is an extremely refined oud/incense/rose combo with a sort of finally soapy undertone and with a cool/watery (i love the reference to the champagne) and finally airy (an air that smells of rose with a fresh and delicate arcane incensey vibe) temperament that is so far from the brutal, medicinal or extremely dark/satanic modern oud beasts. Conceptually this fragrance reminds me a bit the slightly more sophisticated Amouage Homage (which is less musky/green, more clear and more incensey/floral) and infact both have a dreamy/otherworldly feel with a soaring up in the air rosey/airy aroma. Some nuances (i mean basically the musky/rosey temperament) remind me also the Montale Black Aoud. The subtle green oud/rose/incense "pollution" is supported by a well calibrated patchouli backbone which is anyway able to hide itself and to not interrupt with an earthy feel the general soapy/rosey silkiness. The final soapiness is substained by a delicate amber/benzoin basement with its opaque and barely mild cushion. I have also to add that (at least on my skin) the faint longevity is ostensible as the smell lasts for long time despite the longevity could not obviously be so powerful as the one from some more muscular ouds around (which overdose the oily/earthy/ rooty concentration). After some hours you start really to appreciate the substance of a green, soft and airy oud which the rose, the balsams, hints of musk and the incense represent a soapy almost neutral support. Pura Arte olfattiva.

21st December, 2012

Add your review of Agarwoud

Search for on eBay United States

HEELEY AGARWOUD EDP 2 ML SPRAY PERFUME SAMPLE NEW
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 20 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)