Floral Curiosities : Poet's Jasmine (2011)
by Ineke

Floral Curiosities : Poet's Jasmine information

Year of Launch2011
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseIneke
PerfumerIneke RŁhland

About Floral Curiosities : Poet's Jasmine

Floral Curiosities is a limited edition collection of fragrances created by Ineke and inspired by flowers found in her garden. They are available exclusively from Anthropologie stores.

Floral Curiosities : Poet's Jasmine fragrance notes

Reviews of Floral Curiosities : Poet's Jasmine

I found this perfume online for an amazing deal- too good to pass up- so I decided to blind buy. After testing and wearing I think this perfume is not really suited for my chemistry but Iíll keep it and perhaps layer it to find a good combo for this.

When I first sprayed it on my skin, I got a true jasmine note. Then a very bitter scent started to unfold and overpower the jasmine. It smelled citrusy like lemon rind/zest, very bitter and acidic with no sweetness. The jasmine smelled a bit muted and itís sweetness was gone too like flowers who have been sitting in a vase for several days and might have started to decompose. It almost smelled a bit like bad breath to me. This phase was very unpleasant and I thought this might need to be a gift to someone else who likes a nonsweet jasmine...

This phase lasted about 30-45 minutes before it reached a more pleasant drydown. Now the jasmine has gotten sweeter and seems rejuvenated. There are some sweet woods and a powdery feel. But this scent is still far from great. Itís a tad boring. I didnít get any of the spices like star anise or cardamom. The notes used smell very generic like cheap diluted essential oils you might get at the grocery store. Lasting power and sillage leave much to be desired. As the drydown approaches I have to bury my nose to my wrist to smell anything.

From a niche house Iíd expect more but considering what I paid and the scent overall I am not upset about this not lasting. I think I will try layering as I mentioned previously. I think with a sweeter oriental scent this might really come alive. But by itself itís a bitter flat and underwhelming little thing.
12th March, 2019
I think Poet's Jasmine is probably the most interesting of Ineke's Floral Curiosities series, largely because it's quite masculine. The rosemary, anise, and spices make for rather traditional macho topnotes, while the wood hovers beneath, paired with something fruity, which I'm assuming is the mix of cardamom and tea.

Given time, the cardamom tea smell becomes the star of the show, still peppery with spice and vaguely woody. To be honest, I don't really smell jasmine or anything floral - This actually smells to me more like a better quality masculine designer release, the kind you'd expect to break out into silly aquatic notes, but mercifully doesn't. So, if you're a fan of the better Guccis and the like, or if you're in search of an interesting but everyday office scent, Poet's Jasmine is worth checking out.
03rd October, 2015

Add your review of Floral Curiosities : Poet's Jasmine

Shop for Floral Curiosities : Poet's Jasmine products online

Ineke Floral Curiosities Scarlet Larkspur Eau de Parfume EDP Perfume Limited LE

End Date: Sunday Oct-27-2019 15:37:50 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $69.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

INEKE Anthropologie Floral Curiosities SCARLET LARKSPUR EDP Spray 2.5 FL.OZ. NIB

End Date: Tuesday Nov-5-2019 20:02:22 PST
Buy It Now for only: $108.43
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Floral Curiosities : Poet's Jasmine

There are no member images of Floral Curiosities : Poet's Jasmine yet. Why not be the first?