Norne (2012)

HouseSlumberhouse

About Norne

Norne is a masculine fragrance by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2012

Reviews of Norne

From that place are girls of much wisdom,
Every day they are weaving faith and boredom!

They are alone and three, from those cold cold waters
they are sisters of a tree, and of the world are daughters.

The First young girl creates runes on a rough deal table,
the Second write the law for a legendary fable!

The Third of them knows life and reigns onto the fortunes!
They all are playing a theme in the roots of any emotions...

The tree of life they put at the center of the cosmos,
you can smell it in mind and with your heart just for osmose!

by your amazing "interesting man in conflict"

This reviewer may have conflicts of interest

22nd June, 2015
Excellent reviews here on Norne. Like other reviewers, I find Norne quite similar to Serge Lutens’ Fille en Aiguilles, which I own. Compared one to one, I think Norne is more complex and a bit better smelling. Norne has even fewer of the sweet references than Fille en Aiguilles has, and Norne is more realistic – I know because I live in a pine-spruce-fir forest. Norne is an excellent fragrance... quality materials, noteworthy performance... a daring composition. It is a must try for anyone interested in conifer fragrances.
03rd May, 2015
Like a haunted forest burning to the ground in the middle of a moonless night.
Like covering your body in fir sap and rolling around in burnt incense, as the wind carries a chilling breeze overhead.
Or maybe like a recently set ablaze church in the middle of the frozen Norwegian woods.
Stoic, haunting, sombre, and meditative are all fitting. It almost seems like day to day life is not worthy of such powerful, enchanting imagery. Just to add to the experience, i've never had anything perform like this. It just keeps lasting.
Wearing this in even slightly warm weather would be absolutely stifling so I can't justify a full bottle due to my area's tropical climate, but man does this sample make me long for being lost in some snowy, dark, coniferous forest. Truly a masterpiece and one of the best from Slumberhouse.
26th April, 2015
Norne is a case of perfect top-down design. The Black Metal concept speaks to young men like me who wish the perfume world would embrace a larger swath of culture than the ubiquitous dainty slim-volume-of-poetry herbal-tea-with-a-saucer prim ladylike groupthink liberal blogosphere. I can't tell you how excited I was when I started reading interviews with Josh Lobb to find he is opinionated, open about his drug use, doesn't care about ingratiating himself to The Right People, and truly cares about making high quality and distinctive fragrances. Hearing a different, less *polite* voice just meant so much to me, and I want more of this. I was reminded of the late Robert White's great Fragrantica reviews, and how reading him felt like a breath of fresh air in an often stagnantly mannered field.

I have no idea if Josh has smelled the deceased and legendarily out-there Norma Kamali Incense, but Norne resurrects its tarry, thick, literally sticky spirit and casts it in a shadow of fresh pine and musty forest floor. As lovingthealien said, it also brings to mind both Yatagan and Youth-Dew. I can't say enough about how great this is. Roll a joint, turn out the lights, blare Mayhem's "De Mysteriis Dom Satanis" or Burzum's "Filosofem," slather yourself in Norne, and lay back.
30th January, 2015
My favorite dark forest scent. Great longevity and 1-2 small sprays are easily enough. I wouldn't call the scent versatile but when you are in the mood for it, it never lets you down. Very happy to own a bottle.
22nd December, 2014
Swedish digestive bitters for 20 mins, then mishmash of evergreen. No one note dominates this fragrance. It leads me in too many directions and one of them is Christmas.
10th November, 2014

Add your review of Norne

Shop for Norne products online

Search Amazon for Norne

Member images of Norne

There are no member images of Norne yet. Why not be the first?