Norne (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseSlumberhouse
PerfumerJosh Lobb

About Norne

Norne is a masculine fragrance by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Lobb

Norne fragrance notes

Reviews of Norne

This puts to shame all the other fragrances I've tried which claim to be natural and evocative.
Another reason why it is a revelation to me is that I'm viscerally tired and fed up with oriental notes. All the sandal, patchouli, cardamon and other saffrons, Moroccan this and Arabian that bore me to death. European and American woods are seriously underappreciated and underused. There is beauty and elegance in the more austere, dry aromatics of the north, and they deserve to be given an opportunity to shine.
Huge thumbs up to Slumberhouse.
01st December, 2016
Dr. Z. Show all reviews
Greetings

There are certain illnesses that are diagnosed because the patient is experiencing a peculiar smell. For instance, with certain brain tumors... The patient smells "burning rubber" or an acidic smell- like battery acid.

Smell disorders have many causes including illness such as upper respiratory infection, injury, polyps in the nasal cavities, sinus infections, hormonal disturbances, dental problems or in my case, inhaling certain chemicals such as the one(s) resonating in this fragrance.

I've tried. I really have.
Three times. On the last try I lasted exactly 00:12:38.

I get it:

This smells very unique. Piney with plenty of resin and fir/ woods/ burning incense...
Extremely well made, using high end ingredients.
It's dark. Very dark- I'm sure this was Nosferatu's signature scent.

But whatever trauma occurred in my life (that I've obviously suppressed) must have had something to do with Clove (can you say Eugenol?)
Maybe my mom washed my mouth out with clove oil instead of soap??
Maybe I have a brain tumor? - the MRI says no.
Whatever the case, I just can't do this frag.

But in my defense : it's quite physical... the "reaction".
When I smell this I almost gag- like sticking a tongue depressor down ones throat.

Quite reflexive... So perhaps I have a smell disorder because to my "defective" nose it smells like Pine Sap & Molasses with a healthy dose of Clove that caught fire in a forest somewhere in South Jersey.

It's sooo thick, which in my case, doesn't help.

Good stuff? Judging by the reviews- absolutely.

However, when I try to ascertain this fact on my own, I feel like like "Hooper" when he's faced with the grim task of examining the remains of that woman eaten by "Jaws"- Her remnants all fit into that small metal pan, setting on the exam table.

Watch his reaction right after he pulls back the tarp: helplessly he struggles to record what he sees.

That's me.

Except this was no boating accident... This was no propeller....

This was a Carcarion Carcarius named NORNE.

Sorry...pass.

I've no choice :-(

Ciao
02nd September, 2016
The scent of sadness.this is not a welcoming smell.a nostalgic sunset transported to a unforgettable memory from winters past when you are alone,miss your love,and a walk through a dark forest smell of pine and fir tress with fire and a hint of sweetness, a wisp of gunpowder incence.the smell is amazing,Dark, Melancholic,Woody,Heavy,Smoke Deep and Balsamic Elixir of Indulgence.

The opening is so strong.It is based on the accord between the spicy freshness of fir and pine lurking in the background clouded by a warm envelope of incence makes residual warmth and scent of forest floor and distant wood.it really is a great creation that exudes maturity and demands attention.a perfect choice to anyone who wants to smell real classic woody scent.this head turning perfume is suitable for both intimate and special wear.

Sillage?Impressive.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

7.25/10

08th August, 2016
Monster projection of natural pine resin. This definitely smells natural, like essential oils. Too linear for me.
17th May, 2016
I had a slight idea of what to expect out of Slumberhouse's Norne, a celebrated cold-weather fragrance of a few years back, but I wasn't prepared for how dark or powerful it was.

I get a mix of balsam fir, pine, resin, incense, and perhaps even some oud---all the dark elements usually paired with lighter notes are seemingly together in one utterly dark concoction. The blend is outstanding, though, as I can imagine this collection of notes being overwhelming or ugly in other hands.

Norne is strictly appropriate for cold weather, and probably just nights. It's slightly dirty but still probably suits formal occasions (again, in the winter), as it's reined-in enough to offer masculinity without being overwhelming.

Unsurprisingly, as an extrait, the performance is outstanding, one of the strongest fragrances I've ever tried in terms of both projection and longevity. Again, though, it's not overwhelming, but one should apply carefully, as the word seems to be that the juice stains clothing and skin alike.

At $160 for 30ml (at Luckyscent, Twisted Lily), it's not cheap, but it packs a punch if you're looking for an intense winter option that doesn't require a lot of sprays.

Norne is dirty enough that I have some reluctance to give it extremely high marks, but it's an excellent fragrance overall in terms of the scent and performance.

8 out of 10
13th April, 2016
Yup. Forest, no doubt about that. Dark, damp forest. Incredibly intense rendition while still being enjoyable. Ish.

I don't know. I wore it once. I found it to be to much.

But i still appreciate the craft behind it, and spray a bit on a piece of wood every now and then as a room scent.

It smells good. But on a bit of a distance. Just as the forest smells good walking among the pinetrees, but might be a bit overwhelming when you're impaled by a tree.
23rd February, 2016

Add your review of Norne

Shop for Norne products online

Search Amazon for Norne

Member images of Norne

There are no member images of Norne yet. Why not be the first?