Norne (2012)

HouseSlumberhouse

About Norne

Norne is a masculine fragrance by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2012

Reviews of Norne

Excellent reviews here on Norne. Like other reviewers, I find Norne quite similar to Serge Lutens’ Fille en Aiguilles, which I own. Compared one to one, I think Norne is more complex and a bit better smelling. Norne has even fewer of the sweet references than Fille en Aiguilles has, and Norne is more realistic – I know because I live in a pine-spruce-fir forest. Norne is an excellent fragrance... quality materials, noteworthy performance... a daring composition. It is a must try for anyone interested in conifer fragrances.
03rd May, 2015
Like a haunted forest burning to the ground in the middle of a moonless night.
Like covering your body in fir sap and rolling around in burnt incense, as the wind carries a chilling breeze overhead.
Or maybe like a recently set ablaze church in the middle of the frozen Norwegian woods.
Stoic, haunting, sombre, and meditative are all fitting. It almost seems like day to day life is not worthy of such powerful, enchanting imagery. Just to add to the experience, i've never had anything perform like this. It just keeps lasting.
Wearing this in even slightly warm weather would be absolutely stifling so I can't justify a full bottle due to my area's tropical climate, but man does this sample make me long for being lost in some snowy, dark, coniferous forest. Truly a masterpiece and one of the best from Slumberhouse.
26th April, 2015
Norne is a case of perfect top-down design. The Black Metal concept speaks to young men like me who wish the perfume world would embrace a larger swath of culture than the ubiquitous dainty slim-volume-of-poetry herbal-tea-with-a-saucer prim ladylike groupthink liberal blogosphere. I can't tell you how excited I was when I started reading interviews with Josh Lobb to find he is opinionated, open about his drug use, doesn't care about ingratiating himself to The Right People, and truly cares about making high quality and distinctive fragrances. Hearing a different, less *polite* voice just meant so much to me, and I want more of this. I was reminded of the late Robert White's great Fragrantica reviews, and how reading him felt like a breath of fresh air in an often stagnantly mannered field.

I have no idea if Josh has smelled the deceased and legendarily out-there Norma Kamali Incense, but Norne resurrects its tarry, thick, literally sticky spirit and casts it in a shadow of fresh pine and musty forest floor. As lovingthealien said, it also brings to mind both Yatagan and Youth-Dew. I can't say enough about how great this is. Roll a joint, turn out the lights, blare Mayhem's "De Mysteriis Dom Satanis" or Burzum's "Filosofem," slather yourself in Norne, and lay back.
30th January, 2015
My favorite dark forest scent. Great longevity and 1-2 small sprays are easily enough. I wouldn't call the scent versatile but when you are in the mood for it, it never lets you down. Very happy to own a bottle.
22nd December, 2014
Swedish digestive bitters for 20 mins, then mishmash of evergreen. No one note dominates this fragrance. It leads me in too many directions and one of them is Christmas.
10th November, 2014
A precious tiny vial- miraculously escaped from a theft during its long way home from LA to Italy via Switzerland in my sister in law's's bag- delivers a dense, sticky (REALLY sticky, but maybe its due to some evaporation occurred in the meantime), dark green juice. The expectation is high, 'cause I love pine scents and the appreciation of Slumberhouse here on Basenotes is so enthusiastic...
OK, it does feel like having a walk in a dark, mysterious forest- BTW I love the name!-... just after having had an intense painting session, with the pungent, orangey smell of turpentine still lingering on clothes... And- hey, those people camping must have burnt their bacon! And- don't touch pine resin, it will glue your hands and hair together! Anyway, it smells so beautiful here...
If I could get past the green sticky stains on my décolleté, the fleeting but definitely present smell of roasted meat- or burnt tyre, the poor availability in my country and the price, I'd say I've found a great forest fragrance. The drydown is beautiful, rich, deep, mossy and it definitely reminds me of my true holy grail in the forest scent category- AbdesSalaam Attar's Hindu Kush. I guess I'll be sticking to it.
15th October, 2014

Add your review of Norne

Shop for Norne products online

Search Amazon for Norne

Member images of Norne

There are no member images of Norne yet. Why not be the first?