Rose Praline (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseLes Parfums de Rosine
PerfumerFrançois Robert

About Rose Praline

Rose Praline is a feminine perfume by Les Parfums de Rosine. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Robert

Rose Praline fragrance notes

Reviews of Rose Praline

I have to be very careful of rose scents because rose usually comes off much too dominant and cloying to my nose. On top of that I find most gourmands to be too sweet for my tastes. So what am I doing reviewing Rose Praline? Even its name screams “Rose Gourmand!” I don’t know why I chose this one to review, but I’m pleased that I did… this one doesn’t scream. This is one delightful fragrance. Rose Praline is discrete and sophisticated; and the way it handles the disparate elements of rose, chocolate, amber, geranium, cocoa, and sandalwood is pure inspiration… I can identify all of these discretely presented notes in their balanced accords.

Everything in this scent is restrained… nothing goes to the dramatic or the cloying. Besides the notes already mentioned, there are the opening’s bergamot, the middle’s tea, and the drydown’s white musk that are listed in the pyramid – these meld seamlessly into the patterns.

Rose Praline is a rose and gourmand scent for rose and gourmands non-lovers. Subtle projection, subtle but classic development, decent longevity: A confident thumb’s up for this excellent scent.
17th February, 2015
Small mercies – this doesn’t smell like a chocolate coated Turkish delight. What seems like an odd pairing (chocolate and rose) is executed with the usual sophistication of this house. The gentle cardamom unobtrusively lifts the experience and the fragrance settles for a while, to my nose, on an unusual somewhat vegetal accord (the tea influence?), curious and subtle. An hour or so in, it’s a light chocolate and musk, the rose having gone into retirement. Interesting but a little too ‘languid’. Also, too much of a skin scent to be really enjoyable.

02nd August, 2012
A similar rose-and-white-chocolate idea to Parfumerie Generale's Brulure de Rose. Both are fun and easy to wear. Rosine's take on the theme is a little more sharply rose yet still sweet, than PG's more calorific and rasberry infused version. This may be the hint of tea ( though I don't get the smokiness I'd expect with lapsang). Failed to distinguish the top notes though.
In all, there's room in my rose lover's wardrobe for one of these two, but they are similar enough for me not to have both.
06th March, 2012

Add your review of Rose Praline

Shop for Rose Praline products online

Search Amazon for Rose Praline

Member images of Rose Praline

There are no member images of Rose Praline yet. Why not be the first?