Secrets de Rose (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseLes Parfums de Rosine
PerfumerFrançois Robert

About Secrets de Rose

Secrets de Rose is a feminine perfume by Les Parfums de Rosine. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Robert

Secrets de Rose fragrance notes

Reviews of Secrets de Rose

A beautiful tea rose is at the center of this Rosine creation and it wafts towards you immediately upon first application, as if to say, "Wait! Wait! Before you smell the rest of my notes, just feast your nose on me alone."

I am quite ready to inhale the secrets behind this rose. I do wait....and wait....and wait!

How did I miss such distinctive notes as plum, licorice and bitter orange?

I'll wait a while more for the heart to emerge.

Yes, a touch of jasmine and ylang. A mere whiff of cumin, just to make it intriguing. The rose has quieted down now, its star turn at opening having exhausted it. However, the chorus is not up to par with the first number.

And there it halts. None of the base notes appear. Now even what has appeared is fast disappearing. Half an hour in and there is nothing on my wrist, but a faint whisper of the opening tea rose.

What a tease this is! A fascinating idea, but the show will never get out of previews.

08th August, 2017
I can't put my finger on it, but this one disturbs me a bit...makes me uncomfortable, in the same way as if I'm being stared at by someone very intently...does that even make sense?

At the same time, I can't say I hate SDR either. I just can't wear it. Smells like a bonfire of roses.
29th August, 2012
Perfectly blended to a juicy plumpness, a constellation of notes bolsters a sweet rose without much distraction. There's perfume plum in there (a sort of sugared version rather than the near-vegetal smell of the real thing), there's spice (even the loathed cumin but so completely harmonious here as to make me change my mind about its use in perfumery), even a hint of green to lighten the confected opulence. And it all hangs together like one great, shimmering sphere that, once entered, has the sci-fi ability to transport.
08th June, 2012
I like secrets de rose. It's a well executed dark rose, a bitter black petaled rose. This is a great option for guys who might be searching for a dark rose scent but without aoud, which is the most popular method of executing a dark rose scent (at least in men's perfume).
10th March, 2012

Add your review of Secrets de Rose

Shop for Secrets de Rose products online

Search Amazon for Secrets de Rose

Member images of Secrets de Rose

There are no member images of Secrets de Rose yet. Why not be the first?