V for Men (2012)

V for Men information

Year of Launch2012

HouseClive Christian

About V for Men

V for Men is a masculine fragrance by Clive Christian. The scent was launched in 2012

V for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of V for Men

Kaern Show all reviews
Ultra peppery to start with but after about 30 minutes, it fades and the extraordinary frankincense takes over -- think the original Jubilation XXV.

Lasts for ages and is beautiful.
02nd October, 2018
Not too shabby...wish it projected just a little more...if you like incense this is at least worth trying a sample...incense/frankincense does vary in flavor ...sometimes its kind of lemony...other times it has other aspects...the incense in V gives me a sweetish turpentine like flavor...with that in mind , what this fragrance smells like to me is like someone sprayed on a light coating of Amouage Honour Man and then layered Cardinal on top...the incense note in Cardinal smells just like the incense note in V to me...as it moves along I suddenly got a major whiff of cedar...unless you already have a lot of incense in your wardrobe , this would be a nice addition...drawback of being rediculously expensive, but sometimes good deals can be found on testers...bottom line - spicy/peppery/woody flavored incense...
17th January, 2018
My friend and sales agent at Saks gave me a bag full of CC samples and I'm slowly working my way through trying each of them. CC is a interesting line that uses creative techniques and high quality ingredients. But for me, the line is grossly overpriced, so I always find myself thinking "what does this remind me of that I can purchase for much less?"

V is a fragrance I knew I would like from the very opening. It's mainly pepper, cedar, benozin, vetiver and amber- in that order of prominence. The pepper and wood stand out the most with woods, benozin and amber playing support roles. There's really no development beyond that, and it doesn't project as boldly as other CC fragrances that I've tried, but stays above a skin scent for about 8 hours. It's very easy wearing and has a nice masculine tone. Easily the best CC I've tried to date as most of their fragrances seem dense, rich concoctions that could smother a lion. V has a nice volume to it and is well engineered.

For me, V reminds me slightly of CdG Black, but with more prominent cedar and no burnt note. There's also a similarity to Marc Jacob's Bang, but with far better performance. I wouldn't pay the retail price to own V, but to each his own. I like this one and will enjoy wearing the samples I have of it. Thumbs up.
22nd December, 2017 (last edited: 23rd December, 2017)
Despite its price, Clive Christian's "V" is much more of a wearable men's scent than the halo "Number 1."

It's not a unique concept: Peppery, oudish, cedary.
Longevity is average, and sillage not bad. Pleasant nonetheless. Starts out with quite a punch from the combination of citrus and pepper elements that lasts quite a long time. It settles down into a dry oud wood quality that is reinforced by the frankinscense, amber, cedar and vetiver notes in the base; I didn't detect the sweeter element of the vanilla, though it wasn't missed necessarily. For the most part, "V" stays sophisticated, stable, and linear all the way to final fade out.

There are many fragrances out there that do a far less expensive job to feature one or more of these wonderful notes. But at least for a sample spritz, "V" is a nice alternative among the other selections from Clive Christian (at least the ones I tried at the local Neiman Marcus scent counter). Keep a look out for discounted bottles online - a great way to add this or other Clive Christian scents into your collection!

30th December, 2016 (last edited: 17th April, 2018)
Opens with Norlimbinol and Frankincense. Lays VERY close to the skin, For the price It should project and last like an Amouage, but it doesn't. I tried it from a sample and by the time I got downstairs It was GONE! No idea what it dries down to b/c it went from opening note to gone except the Norlimbinol. Coupled with the chinsy sample card that you can't even smell, I give it a neutral.
25th June, 2016
It seems like the niche world has spent the last ten years or so putting together clary sage, pepper, incense, cedar, and leathery pine tar in just about every way possible. Most lines have one or two of these, and they're actually usually quite good - it's a recipe that seems to work in just about any ratio. This was my favorite genre of perfumes for a while there, but after liking so many and buying a few of them, it's all starting to feel like overkill.

So here we have another one. And I should give it credit for being quite good. The green sage smell is the star of the show, paired with pepper on top, then fading to a woodsy forest smell, before landing on leathery pine and ending with frankincense. If I had smelled this a few years ago, I likely would have saved up and bought it, but here and now, I'd rather keep the $350.
17th August, 2015

Clive Christian NEW PRIVATE COLLECTION(C/L/I/V/E) Men/Women samples-Must see in

End Date: Friday Mar-22-2019 17:45:54 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $19.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

L FOR MAN BY CLIVE CHRISTIAN TYPE - EDP SPRAY -1.7 oz (50ml) BY FRG UNLMTD #V176

End Date: Friday Mar-22-2019 18:22:49 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $24.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

NO.1 FOR MAN BY CLIVE CHRISTIAN TYPE EDP SPRAY -1.7 oz (50ml) BY FRG UNLMTD#V177

End Date: Friday Mar-22-2019 18:22:52 PDT