I Love Les Carottes (2010)
by Honoré de Prés

I Love Les Carottes information

Year of Launch2010

HouseHonoré de Prés
PerfumerOlivia Giacobetti

About I Love Les Carottes

I Love Les Carottes is a shared / unisex perfume by Honoré de Prés. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti

I Love Les Carottes fragrance notes

Reviews of I Love Les Carottes

As sometimes, there is a theme leading to an utterly tight bound composition. So tight that multiple accords and juxtapositions seem to fuse into one controlled sphere. Complete container or geometric volume – you have to inhale it and let yourself sink in order to get to the bottom of its obscure details.

There is bitterness, a rarer and profound quality within a structure. There is green. There is powder and butter as in orris root. There are carrot seeds and filmy patchouli as from moist soil on roots. Carrot seeds and bitterness. Carrot seeds and powder. Carrot seeds and vanillized orange peel. There is sweetness. Sometimes bitter tastes sweet. This type of sweetness appears gauzy within floral systematics, and makes up for a clearly kinder feel.

As sometimes with Olivia Giacobetti, a homely theme with its many seemingly recognizable components may lead you into the inner world of an imaginary object – a bubble or bobble or multilayer ball. This as a few other works by Giacobetti somehow remind me of Gertrude Stein's poetry collection Tender Buttons in which Stein proffers an experience of the sublime based on shared domestic life and an articulation of object-love as a sort of remedy at a time of war.

In this context, I read on the Frederic Malle website: "Inspired by daily life, Jean-Claude Ellena likes saying, "perfume, a smell history, is a poetry of souvenirs, and mainly the creation of the spirit."
22nd July, 2015
Carrot and iris in a festive mix! Thought the combination seems odd it works very well, but you (obviously) have to love the smell of carrot since it's front and centre of the fragrance. For a 100% natural fragrance is has good longevity.
01st July, 2012
I adore les carottes !!! Not the orange root itself, which is the only vegetable that I eat without much enthusiasm (along with turnips, at least until Madame Giacobetti decides to use them for a new perfume!), but this unusual and stunning fragrance! On first spraying it, I expected something quite odd and unwearable…. What a surprise, what a delight! To tell the entire truth, I’m not sure I do perceive real carrots- anyway, all the other notes I smell are just perfect on my skin: from the zesty and energizing orange, along with a slightly astringent and ligneous ginger in the start, the rich, smooth and velvety iris, to the moist,earthy rich patchouli in the drydown. It doesn’t last much, that’s its only flaw.
01st July, 2012

Add your review of I Love Les Carottes

Shop for I Love Les Carottes products online

Search Amazon for I Love Les Carottes

Member images of I Love Les Carottes

There are no member images of I Love Les Carottes yet. Why not be the first?