Profumo e Gusto in Libertà : FRaaagola Saalaaata

Profumo e Gusto in Libertà : FRaaagola Saalaaata information

HouseHilde Soliani Profumi
PerfumerHilde Soliani

About Profumo e Gusto in Libertà : FRaaagola Saalaaata

Profumo e Gusto in Libertà : FRaaagola Saalaaata is a shared / unisex perfume by Hilde Soliani Profumi. The fragrance was created by perfumer Hilde Soliani

Profumo e Gusto in Libertà : FRaaagola Saalaaata fragrance notes

Reviews of Profumo e Gusto in Libertà : FRaaagola Saalaaata

Fraaagola Saalaaata by Hilde Soliani is described simply as a mix of strawberries and salt, and the pungent, nearly-biting opening certain corroborates the acidity of this opening combination. It's very much as described, a sort of salty strawberry, which I admit intrigued me from its description, but I never really conceived of how that might actually smell, and as usual, Hilde's creation is quite accurate. It has all of the shock that one might expect from initially tasting a salt-covered strawberry.

Unsurprisingly, I find it far more pleasant in its dry down, where some of the harsher edges are more toned down. The opening is sufficiently acerbic that I find it a little challenging to wear, overall, despite it becoming more palatable and tame in the dry down.

I wouldn't say that she misses the mark, but rather, the mark itself is simply not as desirable as her other creations that I love like Buonissimo or even the similarly fruity/tarty Una Tira L'Altra (the smell of fresh cherries, but with no added salt).

Still, I’d recommend that those interested try it out, since its overall feedback on Fragrantica is positive and others outright love it, in contrast to my more blended take on it. Overall, a very interesting creation from the queen of gourmands, though, and as with all of her offerings, they’re only available in the US at Luckyscent at $160 for 100ml.

6 out of 10
25th January, 2019
Oh. I'm not sure why I had hoped that this would be a smart, interesting strawberry scent. Probably because I respect Hilde Soliani and this is a rather expensive niche perfume. But I'm afraid I was wrong. It's that fake strawberry smell (like a jellybean or a candy, not the actual fruit) with a shot of bubble gum over cotton candy.

If you're into hyper-gourmands like Pink Sugar and have a thing for candy smells, Fraaagola might be for you, though it's nowhere near as well put together as Pink Sugar (how much of an insult is that?!?), which at least has interesting undertones of caramel and toasted nuts.

Really, perfumes that smell like this should come in a Disney princess bottle and sell for less than ten dollars. This smells like a scented eraser or some kind of pink scented marker sold for little girls more than a real perfume. Sorry...
30th March, 2013
Strawberry drink mix. Very unilateral single note. It would be a great scent for a 14 year old girl. It isn't bad, for a pure gourmand, but NOT for a man. Points off for the cutsie name.
06th October, 2012
I love this! I don't know exactly how but the sweetness and saltiness work together beautifully...I think the salt keeps the strawberry from being TOO sweet or artificial, or turning sour. One of my all-time favorite scents!
28th May, 2012

Add your review of Profumo e Gusto in Libertà : FRaaagola Saalaaata

Shop for Profumo e Gusto in Libertà : FRaaagola Saalaaata products online

Member images of Profumo e Gusto in Libertà : FRaaagola Saalaaata

There are no member images of Profumo e Gusto in Libertà : FRaaagola Saalaaata yet. Why not be the first?