Santal Blush (2011)

PerfumerYann Vasnier
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Santal Blush

Santal Blush is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Yann Vasnier

Reviews of Santal Blush

I'd heard about Tom Ford Santal Blush being unisex so I wanted to try it out, and while it does lean feminine, it is an interesting mix of sandalwood, musk, and spices that some men might find appealing. It's unusually soft, being pretty unoffensive / non-acidic from the very start, gradually becoming more powdery throughout its dry down. I cannot identify most of the top notes but what I get from Santal Blush is mainly the mix of the base notes.

I can see this working for some men, but not me, as I'm left far more with the "blush" (the makeup / cosmetics smell) than the "santal" (sandalwood) myself, but I'm sure it works differently on other skill.

Nothing special as far as projection or longevity, and uninspiring even as a female scent, I probably wouldn't even recommend this to women I know, especially given the price.

5 out of 10
27th May, 2015
At first glance it was unpleasant but as it wore down I thought warm and pretty. But I couldn't get away from this scent it became to overwhelming I couldn't wait to shower. Unfortunately that wasn't it, it stayed on my clothes(which I didn't even spray) and overwhelmed my closet. Now feeling nausea from this scent it's like that time I drank to many gin martinis and now when I smell gin it makes me sick. Sorry
25th February, 2015
A buttery, creamy sandalwood, with a generous pinch of spice. ln fact there is a slight curry vibe here from the cumin & fenugreek, but this accord is not at all overwhelming or sweat-like; it merely serves to give some warmth & interest to the woody notes. The heart is powdery, sweet & yet savoury. l don't get any of the listed floral notes. ln the first hour the projection is good; l get pleasant wafts of fragrance each time l move. After this it settles closer, but the drydown is a persistent, drier mix of incense smoke, wood & a subtle, suede-like leather. Unlike some other reviewers, l find that this fragrance does develop, & l would say it is definitely unisex.
l could be seriously tempted to buy a bottle of this, but oh, the price!
29th March, 2014
flush

I smelled australian sandalwood essential oil earlier today and it smelled like curdled cedar. Incidentally, it also smelled a lot like Santal Blush.

Id blush, too.

from scent hurdle.com

27th June, 2013
If you like Crabtree & Evelyn's Sandalwood collection, you will like this. I'm not sure how different TF Santal Blush is from C&E's EdT Sandalwood, but in my memory, it's a near exact match.

For fun, I tested side by side TF Santal Blush, Tam Dao by Diptyque, and Santal Sacre by Lucky Scents. This is what I found - the person who said this isn't a dry scent was right... it's "juicier" than the others; where TD is warm as a sandalwood, almost a gourmand, and SS is spicy and dry, TF is moister. It is longer lasting than SS, and more bitter than TD. The cedar seems to come out in the heart note, it's not immediate.

For reference, my favourite sandalwood so far is Santal Sacre, but this one's definitely worth a bottle (for me). I also waited several hours for the base note to come out. (Dude's right who says it's mostly linear, but it does lighten) and layered some Serge Luten's Feminte du Bois. Yes, we have a winner.

Today I applied Tom Ford SB to my arms, with some tiny dabs of Bond No9 I love New York on the wrists. This afternoon, after those are dried down, I'll add FdB... By the time I get home I'm going to smell like I've been sitting in a cedar sauna, burning sandalwood incense and chewing on vanilla beans all day :)

01st May, 2013
jcw122 Show all reviews
My girlfriend was unimpressed with this scent. Said "Pretty grandma smelling but with a twist".
08th April, 2013

Add your review of Santal Blush

Shop for Santal Blush products online

Shop for Santal Blush at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Santal Blush

Member images of Santal Blush

There are no member images of Santal Blush yet. Why not be the first?