Santal Blush (2011)

PerfumerYann Vasnier
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Santal Blush

Santal Blush is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Yann Vasnier

Reviews of Santal Blush

A well made fragrance that ultimately isn't something I would wear very often. There are some strange notes that just doesn't work for me. The opening has elements that aren't too bad, but the overall effect isn't my favorite. Cumin...not a note I'm interested in wearing. Carrot seed seems a little "bugsy", and, "fenugreek"...hmmm? Maybe I'm too unrefined to appreciate using fenugreek as a note in a fragrance, but I'm very familiar with the smell of plain fenugreek, and it smells like a spice used to make chicken noodle soup. It is good for clearing the sinus cavity when taken alone, but I can't vouch for that happening while wearing Santal Blush. So, at first "blush", I'm gonna have to pass on Santal Blush. This is the second sandal wood fragrance I haven't liked all that well, so maybe I just don't care for sandal wood either.
02nd June, 2017
I knew this day would come-- I have just run out of Santal Blush. It's my one and only splurge in a modestly sized wardrobe of modestly priced perfumes.

Understandably, this gets mixed reviews. The cumin here, reminds some of sweat, but to me reads as body heat, captured and blended with jasmine, a dash of cinnamon and of course, glorious sandalwood. Simple, but simply divine.

I find it a bit too warm to wear in spring or summer, but I'm sure when it gets cool again, I'll at least have a decant of this beauty, if not a full bottle.
26th March, 2017
This is a nice fragrance, however, it is not for me. This opens with very dry spices. After a short while (20 - 30 minutes) I can smell something akin to driftwood and, lingering in the back, something smells very much of skin. Not sweet skin, but sweaty (cumin) underarm.

It's blended really well, very soft. It has soft to moderate sillage on dry skin in a central heating environment and lasts around 5 or so hours.

Like I said, it very well may be nice on someone else....it's just not that nice on me.
05th December, 2016
An elegantly structured oriental woody composition. Santal Blush is a sweet,creamy blend of soft woods, subtle spices and dry benzoin tinged with light florals.i was expecting something more different,I don't feel there is anything new or wow here.smells like a creamy sandalwood laced with a sweet balsamic benzoin.could be a good one for layering.grown up without feeling dated,sweet without being juvenile. Sensuous, Sweet,Cuddly,Delicious,Woody,Warm,Smooth, Comforting and Sexy in a very Subtle Way.

In this composition the top notes becomes addictive enriched by the caraway and spices.floral hearts is sublimated by feminine touches of ylang ylag and jasmine while the sandalwood,benzoin,cedar musky base notes create a creamy sensation that wraps the skin in a voluptuous halo great for bed time take him to your bed while embracing each other until both of you will feel sleepy.the spices are very subtle here.the sandalwood is prominent.definitely worth if your a sandalwood lover.

Sillage?Good.

Longevity?About 6 hours on my skin.

6.5/10

06th September, 2016
A slightly spicy fragrance with a nice sandalwood base. Has an expensive soap vibe. I actually didn't think I would like this before I sprayed it on my skin. Turned out to be pretty good. A nice rose note with a hint of musk is in this as well. For the price, I would have to decline though. I believe you can find much better at a better price.
18th August, 2016
Oviatt Show all reviews
Salty, with desiccated sweet fruits over dry sandalwood with hints of spices and a musky base. Santal Blush is a meritage of a scent in which all the elements—gourmand spices, floral notes (rose, jasmine, Ylang Ylang), salty, musky skin notes—support and complement the star of the show, which is sandalwood. This is a classic Tom Ford Private Blend composition with its emphasis on one note but Santal Blush is more original than most of the scents in this line. Whereas Tom Ford often takes a well-known construct, embellishes it and raises it through the use of expensive natural ingredients (e.g. the way that Italian Cypress becomes an expensive niche version of Z-14), this scent is more original and really apart and separate from the other—mostly niche-sandalwood scents like Tam Dao, Santal Mysore, etc. Santal Blush is completely unisex—with the big florals and sandalwood this could have drifted into Samasara territory but does not. While I have never tried the 1918 Maderas de Oriente by Myrurgia, this is what I imagine it smelled like. I wonder if Yann Vasnier had that in mind.
12th May, 2016

Add your review of Santal Blush

Shop for Santal Blush products online

Search Amazon for Santal Blush

Member images of Santal Blush

There are no member images of Santal Blush yet. Why not be the first?