Santal Blush (2011)

PerfumerYann Vasnier
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Santal Blush

Santal Blush is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Yann Vasnier

Reviews of Santal Blush

An elegantly structured oriental woody composition. Santal Blush is a sweet,creamy blend of soft woods, subtle spices and dry benzoin tinged with light florals.i was expecting something more different,I don't feel there is anything new or wow here.smells like a creamy sandalwood laced with a sweet balsamic benzoin.could be a good one for layering.grown up without feeling dated,sweet without being juvenile. Sensuous, Sweet,Cuddly,Delicious,Woody,Warm,Smooth, Comforting and Sexy in a very Subtle Way.

In this composition the top notes becomes addictive enriched by the caraway and spices.floral hearts is sublimated by feminine touches of ylang ylag and jasmine while the sandalwood,benzoin,cedar musky base notes create a creamy sensation that wraps the skin in a voluptuous halo great for bed time take him to your bed while embracing each other until both of you will feel sleepy.the spices are very subtle here.the sandalwood is prominent.definitely worth if your a sandalwood lover.

Sillage?Good.

Longevity?About 6 hours on my skin.

6.5/10

06th September, 2016
A slightly spicy fragrance with a nice sandalwood base. Has an expensive soap vibe. I actually didn't think I would like this before I sprayed it on my skin. Turned out to be pretty good. A nice rose note with a hint of musk is in this as well. For the price, I would have to decline though. I believe you can find much better at a better price.
18th August, 2016
Oviatt Show all reviews
Salty, with desiccated sweet fruits over dry sandalwood with hints of spices and a musky base. Santal Blush is a meritage of a scent in which all the elements—gourmand spices, floral notes (rose, jasmine, Ylang Ylang), salty, musky skin notes—support and complement the star of the show, which is sandalwood. This is a classic Tom Ford Private Blend composition with its emphasis on one note but Santal Blush is more original than most of the scents in this line. Whereas Tom Ford often takes a well-known construct, embellishes it and raises it through the use of expensive natural ingredients (e.g. the way that Italian Cypress becomes an expensive niche version of Z-14), this scent is more original and really apart and separate from the other—mostly niche-sandalwood scents like Tam Dao, Santal Mysore, etc. Santal Blush is completely unisex—with the big florals and sandalwood this could have drifted into Samasara territory but does not. While I have never tried the 1918 Maderas de Oriente by Myrurgia, this is what I imagine it smelled like. I wonder if Yann Vasnier had that in mind.
12th May, 2016
Santal Blush is a light veil essence of sandalwood that lasts and radiates for many hours. Potent stuff. I like the hint of cumin at the outset to add some depth and background grounding character - could have had more of that for my taste. Every note listed for the fragrance expresses some aspect that is part of and from within the spectrum of a pure sandalwood idea or concept of what sandalwood is all about. Is this a great fragrance? No, but it is an excellent sandalwood story. The notes: Sandalwood, Cinnamon, Cumin, Fenugreek, Carrot seed, Jasmine, Rose, Ylang ylang, Benzoin, Agarwood, Musk - all play a part. In comparison to other sandalwood fragrances I've owned it is much milder and more unisex than Santal 33, less cedar than Tam Dao, and has not nearly the Indian culinary spices of Santal Mysore. But it is true to the aroma of real sandalwood oil only amped up to be much more radiant than the real stuff ever was. Best applied lightly so it hides in the mysteries and the recesses but lasts as a blush of sandalwood aroma that radiates on liquid light dust through the ethers. Sandalwood is a difficult scent to reproduce as the pure oil is so light, creamy and ethereal that it almost escapes notice when worn by itself. But it is extremely resilient as is Santal Blush. This might have been a better fragrance if Yann Vasnier had not tried to replicate sandalwood aroma so realistically and created a metaphor using bolder punctuation of spice, incense, tar and woods. I like Santal Blush, since I do enjoy sandalwood and wood scents in general. Do I like it more than the other sandalwoods mentioned above? Not sure I would go that far, but Santal Blush is an adequate portrayal of sandal wood that is flying under the radar of most wood fans. Check it out.
29th September, 2015
I'd heard about Tom Ford Santal Blush being unisex so I wanted to try it out, and while it does lean feminine, it is an interesting mix of sandalwood, musk, and spices that some men might find appealing. It's unusually soft, being pretty unoffensive / non-acidic from the very start, gradually becoming more powdery throughout its dry down. I cannot identify most of the top notes but what I get from Santal Blush is mainly the mix of the base notes.

I can see this working for some men, but not me, as I'm left far more with the "blush" (the makeup / cosmetics smell) than the "santal" (sandalwood) myself, but I'm sure it works differently on other skill.

Nothing special as far as projection or longevity, and uninspiring even as a female scent, I probably wouldn't even recommend this to women I know, especially given the price.

5 out of 10
27th May, 2015
At first glance it was unpleasant but as it wore down I thought warm and pretty. But I couldn't get away from this scent it became to overwhelming I couldn't wait to shower. Unfortunately that wasn't it, it stayed on my clothes(which I didn't even spray) and overwhelmed my closet. Now feeling nausea from this scent it's like that time I drank to many gin martinis and now when I smell gin it makes me sick. Sorry
25th February, 2015

Add your review of Santal Blush

Shop for Santal Blush products online

Search Amazon for Santal Blush

Member images of Santal Blush

There are no member images of Santal Blush yet. Why not be the first?