Jasmin Rouge (2011)

HouseTom Ford
PerfumerRodrigo Flores-Roux
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Jasmin Rouge

Jasmin Rouge is a feminine perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Rodrigo Flores-Roux

Reviews of Jasmin Rouge

Tom Fordís Jasmin Rouge is the perfect example of how to do a fleshy white floral without going into the indole territory (which tends to smell like excrement of various kinds on me.) Iíve heard that Muglerís Alien is the scent that many women choose to wear clubbing. Jasmin Rouge is the scent they would choose to wear once that phase in their life has passed, theyíve married a rich man and now attend classy dinner parties on the weekends. Thereís a hint at that sexy carnal smell but itís now smoothed down and refined, much like the woman I envision to wear this scent.

Thereís of course the obvious jasmine note front and center in this fragrance but I feel that it must be paired with some other white floral note that gives it a delicate side I rarely see in jasmine fragrances, especially when the note is allowed so much of the spotlight without much to challenge it. Maybe itís lily? Or a neutered tuberose/gardenia, but definitely not enough to overpower the integrity of the jasmine. Thereís also a creamy note like vanilla but again not enough to drench the florals in a vat of sugary sweetness. I would imagine the ratio of florals to the vanilla or sweet note to be at least 3:1.

I donít get the thing from this fragrance that would make me think that this invokes anything related to ďrougeĒ besides maybe finding this scent to be appropriate for a red carpet walk. I think that it could be worn anytime of the year, if applied sparingly in the heat and more generously in the cooler temperatures. I also could imagine this being the signature scent of someone who loves white floral perfumes.

Itís not the most unique scent, but itís one of the better done renditions of this combination of aromas and one of my favorite creamy white floral + vanilla scents that Iíve smelled. This is what I hoped that Guerlainís Terracotta would smell like on me, but that one gave me the indolic jasmine for a bit longer than I could comfortably stand. This one gives me wearable beauty from the very start, and Iím in love from the moment it hits my skin until the end of the day when itís barely detectable.

Speaking of, longevity and sillage are good by Tom Ford standards, but not his best, especially considering that it is a private blend and you are paying more for it than his mainstream releases. But youíre paying for the obvious quality of ingredients here with an acceptable amount of mileage and for that reason I would say it is worth it. After retesting my sample, this goes to the very top of my list for Tom Ford perfume purchases. Yes, I have an entire list just for Tom Ford fragrances ... what can I say, I'm obsessed!
18th February, 2019
For me it opened with a bitter citrus rind and the bugspray / green waxy side of jasmine. But it quickly softened and sweetened with neroli and ylang. The midnotes definitely play up the sweet, warm bubblegummy aspect of jasmine with the banana-y ylang and the mexican vanilla. I was hoping for more spices like in Shanghai Lily. Maybe it's just my skin.

Unfortunately, without the animalic lust of jasmine or the interest of spices, this perfume has no teeth. It feels like an exercise in making a jasmine perfume that explores it's components - but jasmine never actually shows up to the party itself.
19th September, 2017
I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that it's hard to judge a perfume until I've actually tried to wear it. There's something about a perfume's texture, especially, that doesn't reveal itself until you put it on skin. Jasmine Rouge is a great example of this, because on the smelling strip I didn't get much from it--decent jasmine, I thought, and started to put it away. Then I casually applied some on one wrist just in case. What I smelled made me reopen my browser and start looking.

This stuff looks kind of crazy on paper, with a long list of exotic spices that would lead the reviewer to expect some sort of Orientalist fantasy carpet. But Jasmin Rouge has a touch of the gourmand supporting its jasmine, with those spices acting as mouthwatering garnishes to its underpinnings of (yes, that is really Mexican) vanilla.

When worn, the quality of ingredients in this perfume show in the way it envelops you in a cool, soft cloud of these usually loud materials--a comforting texture like freshly fluffed feather pillows. The real beauty of this fragrance lies there, in the sensation of wearing something both texturally alien and familiar.
11th March, 2016
If you are a fan of jasmine, this is for you. Nice fragrance, but I'll leave this one for the ladies. Slightly powdery and floral. A bit of neroli and ylang ylang give it the feminine touch the ladies will love. 7/10
19th October, 2015 (last edited: 03rd November, 2015)
Oh how I wanted to fall in love with this one! With a name like "Jasmin Rouge" I imagined a naughty side to the lovely white flower I adore. However, on me, it was meek, kind, and just sort of sat there.

Today, was a very humid day; a rather perfect day for experiencing a scent such as this, but still, it only rested on my skin, and never really did much for me. I could smell the Jasmine note, but it was nothing even close to what I experience when I wear Serge Lutens' A la nuit. I searched for the Labdanum, something I absolutely adore, and never found it. Perhaps the Clary Sage ate it?

Sigh. I am going to give my sample another go at a later date, and I will update once I do. For now, this will not make my purchase list.
31st May, 2015
Salutation.

A enticing white floral scent.this is without a doubt one of my all time favorite jasmin scent on a lady.a scent of love and seduction. it has a romantic effect so when you wear JASMIN ROUGE,it makes you feel super sexy and special.i absolutely adore this perfume and recommend it to any lady who wants to leave a lasting impression on those she meets.powerful and clean at the same time with a precious mixture. Elegant,Sophisticated, Glamorous,Penetrating and Mysteriously sexy.

Alluring jasmine,ylng ylang,pepper,bergmot and cinnamon blend with sensual wood and amber.the result is a sheer passion for ladies that loves a sophisticated and sensual perfume with an animalistic edge.this perfume will definitely spark a flame that never gets dull.the jasmine scent is so natural and classy.this great perfume strictly reserved for evenings.if you are shy you feel bold with this one and people will envy your sophistication.

Sillge?Ok.

Longevity?+6 hours on my skin.

7.5/10

TOM FORD Authentic PRIVATE BLEND Perfume 15ml Sample Travel Size Spray Atomizer

End Date: Tuesday Mar-19-2019 17:39:07 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $49.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Tom Ford JASMIN ROUGE Eau de Parfum Splash .4 oz / 12 ml DELUXE Travel Mini NEW!

End Date: Wednesday Mar-20-2019 8:25:04 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $28.99

Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge by Tom Ford Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz/100 ml Women

End Date: Wednesday Mar-20-2019 8:43:29 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $297.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Tom Ford JASMINE ROUGE (1.7oz/50ml) Eau De Parfum (Immaculate/ Discontinued )

End Date: Wednesday Mar-20-2019 10:30:37 PDT

TOM FORD PRIVATE BLEND PERFUME - CHOOSE YOUR SCENT - 12 ML PARFUM SPLASH -

End Date: Wednesday Mar-20-2019 13:59:23 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $28.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Tom Ford Private Blend Jasmin Rouge Eau De Parfum 4ml.

End Date: Wednesday Mar-20-2019 15:17:22 PDT

TOM FORD PRIVATE BLEND 10ML EXCLUSIVE SAKS FIFTH SPRAY

End Date: Wednesday Mar-20-2019 19:31:41 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $34.15

Member images of Jasmin Rouge

There are no member images of Jasmin Rouge yet. Why not be the first?