Jasmin Rouge (2011)

HouseTom Ford
PerfumerRodrigo Flores-Roux
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Jasmin Rouge

Jasmin Rouge is a feminine perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Rodrigo Flores-Roux

Reviews of Jasmin Rouge

For me it opened with a bitter citrus rind and the bugspray / green waxy side of jasmine. But it quickly softened and sweetened with neroli and ylang. The midnotes definitely play up the sweet, warm bubblegummy aspect of jasmine with the banana-y ylang and the mexican vanilla. I was hoping for more spices like in Shanghai Lily. Maybe it's just my skin.

Unfortunately, without the animalic lust of jasmine or the interest of spices, this perfume has no teeth. It feels like an exercise in making a jasmine perfume that explores it's components - but jasmine never actually shows up to the party itself.
19th September, 2017
I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that it's hard to judge a perfume until I've actually tried to wear it. There's something about a perfume's texture, especially, that doesn't reveal itself until you put it on skin. Jasmine Rouge is a great example of this, because on the smelling strip I didn't get much from it--decent jasmine, I thought, and started to put it away. Then I casually applied some on one wrist just in case. What I smelled made me reopen my browser and start looking.

This stuff looks kind of crazy on paper, with a long list of exotic spices that would lead the reviewer to expect some sort of Orientalist fantasy carpet. But Jasmin Rouge has a touch of the gourmand supporting its jasmine, with those spices acting as mouthwatering garnishes to its underpinnings of (yes, that is really Mexican) vanilla.

When worn, the quality of ingredients in this perfume show in the way it envelops you in a cool, soft cloud of these usually loud materials--a comforting texture like freshly fluffed feather pillows. The real beauty of this fragrance lies there, in the sensation of wearing something both texturally alien and familiar.
11th March, 2016
If you are a fan of jasmine, this is for you. Nice fragrance, but I'll leave this one for the ladies. Slightly powdery and floral. A bit of neroli and ylang ylang give it the feminine touch the ladies will love. 7/10
19th October, 2015 (last edited: 03rd November, 2015)
Oh how I wanted to fall in love with this one! With a name like "Jasmin Rouge" I imagined a naughty side to the lovely white flower I adore. However, on me, it was meek, kind, and just sort of sat there.

Today, was a very humid day; a rather perfect day for experiencing a scent such as this, but still, it only rested on my skin, and never really did much for me. I could smell the Jasmine note, but it was nothing even close to what I experience when I wear Serge Lutens' A la nuit. I searched for the Labdanum, something I absolutely adore, and never found it. Perhaps the Clary Sage ate it?

Sigh. I am going to give my sample another go at a later date, and I will update once I do. For now, this will not make my purchase list.
31st May, 2015
Salutation.

A enticing white floral scent.this is without a doubt one of my all time favorite jasmin scent on a lady.a scent of love and seduction. it has a romantic effect so when you wear JASMIN ROUGE,it makes you feel super sexy and special.i absolutely adore this perfume and recommend it to any lady who wants to leave a lasting impression on those she meets.powerful and clean at the same time with a precious mixture. Elegant,Sophisticated, Glamorous,Penetrating and Mysteriously sexy.

Alluring jasmine,ylng ylang,pepper,bergmot and cinnamon blend with sensual wood and amber.the result is a sheer passion for ladies that loves a sophisticated and sensual perfume with an animalistic edge.this perfume will definitely spark a flame that never gets dull.the jasmine scent is so natural and classy.this great perfume strictly reserved for evenings.if you are shy you feel bold with this one and people will envy your sophistication.

Sillge?Ok.

Longevity?+6 hours on my skin.

7.5/10
11th May, 2015
After testing this in the store and coming back to write a review about it, I was totally shocked by the list of notes!
They just listed almost 17 notes but seriously, where are they?!
Because what I'm getting from this fragrance is just jasmine, jasmine and even more jasmine all the way Through!

At the opening I can smell a fresh, slightly sweet and very natural beautiful jasmine note which definitely evokes something white in your mind not red as the bottle looks like!

As time passes I'm getting pretty the same smell. just jasmine and nothing else. only after many hours and in the base I do get an incredibly transparent woodsy notes completely in the background which is almost impossible to detect and you may miss it.
Projection is above average but longevity is great. 9-10 hours and maybe even more.
If you like these type of scent specially for the price you can find things way better. a great example is "Carnal Flower" that is more complex and better than this.
23rd April, 2015

Add your review of Jasmin Rouge

Shop for Jasmin Rouge products online

Search Amazon for Jasmin Rouge

Member images of Jasmin Rouge

There are no member images of Jasmin Rouge yet. Why not be the first?