Don Corleone

Don Corleone information

HouseAbdesSalaam Attar Profumo
PerfumerDominique Dubrana

About Don Corleone

Don Corleone is a masculine fragrance by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo. The fragrance was created by perfumer Dominique Dubrana

Don Corleone fragrance notes

Reviews of Don Corleone

Don Corleone along with Milano Caffe are in my opinion Two of the best products available anywhere in the world.I disagree that either of these has anything to do with femininity. True some of the ladies will use anything including Old Spice and Mennen aftershave. There are exceptions to everything.I have a very large collection of fragrances 99% of which are very expensive niche items. Don Corleone and Milano Caffe are at the top of the list without breaking the bank.
13th December, 2015

Disclaimer: I've never visited Palermo- which I've been told is a peculiarly beautiful city- and personally don't feel any romantic fascination towards anything related to mafia, so I can't say about the geographical or social aptness of this fragrance. I must say I'm quite put off by the name, which sounds a bit sterotypical and permeated by an exotically tinged appeal towards what I see only as an enormous social and political national plague.

About the fragrance. A rather simple accord- tobacco, tuberose and vanilla. The harmony and coherence of the blending is masterful, as usual, smoothingly conducting from the herbal, smoky tobacco opening to a softer, richer, sweeter core of flowers and multifaceted- the woody, the slightly liquorice-y, the boozy, the earthy- vanilla.
Getting to know the corpus of AbdesSalaam Attar fragrances, I've begun to recognize certain "red threads" he disseminates in his scents, some of which I love, some I don't. Palermo happens to have the herbal- smoky thread, as in Tabac or in Chillum, that my nose perceive as quite bothering, due to some edible association (basically, this particular herbal accord reminds me of “amaro” digestive spirit and the the smoky one makes me think of smoked ham, two things that I enjoy eating or drinking but wouldn't wear!).
I guess that a nose that doesn't make such an association could easily enjoy this fragrance.
Despite the “masculine” label, I don't find this fragrance particularly manly, at least not in a sterotypical way.
19th June, 2015
Tobacco, woods, tuberose: earth, smoke, filthy animalicness. Nothing more manly and virile than this, like in most of Dubrana’s scents aimed at men, this goes right back to old-school powerhouses’ raw darkness and thick “machism”. Much linear though, in a way almost close to some US niche acts like Sonoma Scent Studio or Slumberhouse, albeit with a far more natural, raw, almost “archaic” organic mood. On the very base, a cozy and slightly sweet accord of balmy-boozy-rooty notes with something smelling like bitter, dusty cocoa beans (it may be patchouli). Dirty, earthy, mature and indolic, it progressively gets warmer and slowly becomes more and more elegant, tamed down and civilised, still shady but gentler, with a long, fantastic transition towards a powerful and really long lasting drydown carrying mostly tobacco, woody and animalic nuances. Throughout the evolution, the tuberose note is great, delivering all its signature animalic earthiness, perfectly blending here with the warm, balmy sweetness of tobacco and cozy woods (something like tolu, too). A bit similar to Tabac by the same house, but decidedly more earthy, indolic, even almost “narcotic” (tuberose, again) with a sweeter ambery base. Great quality. Intense, dark, powerful yet gentle, classy, evocative. Beautiful!

19th February, 2015
What a sensual fragrance is it!! Dominique Dubrana's Don Corleone is probably the best gourmand tobacco around and one of the most carnal concoctions I've had the pleasure to test around. No doubts about, Dubrana places/roots the vetiver down in the middle of the ring surrounding it by indolic (but partially disguised) tuberose absolute, seasoned tobacco, animalic patterns, woodsy (minty/boozy) resins and edible/tasty balsams. The final rendition is simply encompassing, vaguely liquorous (anise/Pastis-conjuring) and testosteronic. At the beginning I detect a familiar undertone and my olfactory memory catch Vetiver Etro (with its realistic combination of tobacco, cypress and rooty vetiver) from the abysses of the olfactory memory. This earthy/rooty feel (far more moderate and elusive than in Etro) is anyway yet slightly leathery, vaguely liquorous, indolic, musky and animalic (probably hints of patchouli are included in the blend). Is like Vetiver Etro encounters Mazzolari Lui, HdP Tubereuse 3 L'Animale and Frapin 1270 issuing anyway a really sensual but balanced experiment. The aroma is supposed to arouse all at once the two sides of the sicilian temperament, namely the gluttony for sweet, vanilla and cakes as connected with the visceral attachment to mum and the strong machismo still nowadays present in the island's culture (sometimes sub-culture). The general balance (a Dubrana'a landmark) is extreme despite the "carnality" of the main raw materials (tobacco, vetiver, indolic tuberose, musk, vanilla, animalic patterns). I get of course the La Via del Profumo Tabac's genuine kind of humidor tobacco vibe. The final aroma is not properly sophisticated but somewhat decadent, rural and bold. Tuberose is basically kind of orangy-creamy, "nectarinic" and vaguely boozy-minty. The "sweetness level" is measured. The very dry down is evidently tobacco-flavoured, vanillic, musky and sensual as few dry downs of the modern perfumery.
15th April, 2014 (last edited: 26th February, 2017)
Vanilla Mafia

I don't know how much my impression is influenced by the name and the idea itself, but i picture this scent on my skin as the perfect aroma for an italian mafia boss. It exudes class, power, intensity, from the beginning until the end. I don't know if it is strange to me, i have already smelled and sample so many things through my journey that this is hard to classify, but i see it as very powerful. It's for me a scent of as much of vanilla as tobacco. They are the stars, where the tuberose is more of a second player on me, just providing a round, sensual touch to bind those two essences. It makes me think that vanilla is much more deep and dimensional that we might think at first. I guess that this is because we are so used with the sugary, creamy vanillas that we forgot that it can also smell flowery, a little bit animalic, erotic, but also smoky, leathery too. This vanilla is edible, but more smoky, spicy, it merges completely into the tobacco nuances. It's different, for instance, from the vanilla used in Frutti Paradisi, that is close to skin and smell exactly like the vanilla pods after you have extracted the seeds. As i expected, i love this scent and i'm impressed that a natural scent can be this way, intense just the way i like. Amazing.

Pros: Great pair of vanilla and tobacco
Cons: Don't see any"

04th August, 2013
This is one of the the few perfumes and the only one in Profumo's line yet where I don't know what to think of! It smells to me so unusual and different that I simply don't know if I like it or not. It consists only of three ingredients: Vanilla, Tuberose and Tobacco. Judged by the three ingredints you can already imagine how it smells like, right? No, you have no idea! Try it and you will see/smell what I mean. I sincerely hope that the people of Sicily are not as schizophrenic as the perfume is!
27th January, 2013

Add your review of Don Corleone

Shop for Don Corleone products online

Member images of Don Corleone

There are no member images of Don Corleone yet. Why not be the first?