Nuit Etoilée (2012)

PerfumerCamille Goutal
PerfumerIsabelle Doyen
Parent CompanyAmore Pacific

About Nuit Etoilée

Nuit Etoilée is a masculine fragrance by Annick Goutal. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Isabelle Doyen and Camille Goutal

Reviews of Nuit Etoilée

rbaker Show all reviews
A fresh citrus accord - a ripe lemon and a ripe sweet orange are greeting me from the outset, but soon a wood note sets in - fairly nonspecific but occasional a touch of fir balsam detectable.

Further down the line a mix of musky and fruity notions are present, with a whiff of juniper probably due to the Angelica seed impression. Towards the end, a gentle immortelle is noticeable.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and ten hours of longevity on my skin.

A pleasant spring scent, with the later stages more vivid and convincing that the earlier ones. 2.75/5
13th November, 2019
This review is for the Eau de Parfum.

From December, 2015:

A natural, herbal citrusy spearmint almost set up in contrast with a dry, coniferous woody note that I initially mistook for incense. There's a singed, burnt smokiness throughout Nuit Etoilee that gives the entire composition a very bitter and gauzy gray dimension. On my skin this aspect dominates, and runs parallel to the mint. While it's an interesting combination, my favorite part of this is the opening five minutes before all the gray bitterness enters the picture. I find something about this fragrance depressing, it feels so desiccated and depleted to me, and when I wear it I just sort of watch that beautiful mint note from the beginning succumb to the weariness and dry desolation of its surroundings. It also burns my nose. I've discovered that I don't enjoy mint when it's paired with incense or smoke--Breath of God,Memoir Man, Burning Barbershop, Oriental Mint, Russian Tea, and now Nuit Etoillee--it's simply a combination that has never worked for me. Thumbs down.
13th August, 2019
Good citrus here, on top. It's sunny. Lightly tart lemon. Juicy sweet orange. The citrus lasts quite awhile before the fir notes mosey in. The fir wasn't very strong, for me. It was rather light. I expected some intensity. There are just enough "florals" here to keep fir from being too forest-like. I've been searching for a good, fir-centric fragrance; this isn't it. It is tame on my skin. It does remind me of an old-style cologne. I feel it leans towards unisex.

I applied tons of this - it never became loud, strong, or satisfactory enough to give this real praise. Sort of fizzled out. Too light, too boring - sorry, not enough character or pizzazz.
11th May, 2019
Nuit etoilee is summer's scent for me ,georgeus fragrance .
26th May, 2018
Nuit Étoilée : terre fruitée.
Goutal's Mandragore theme turned inside out.

***/*
18th February, 2017 (last edited: 01st October, 2017)
I bought the EDP blind when I found a ridiculous online deal, and the first few times I wore it I was underwhelmed. I liked it, though I also felt as if I'd just gotten another bottle of Sables! For the extraordinary opening lasts but a few minutes on me, and I'm left with nothing but the immortelle drydown of Sables. The longevity of that immortelle accord is good, at least four hours.

Now that I've had more time with it, Nuit Etoilee has really grown on me, because its wild and non-perfumey nature fits feeding cats and working in the yard and cooking with aromatic herbs, much of the ACTUAL life I lead. And I recognize a lot of the other notes, even though they're fleeting, from my long history with other Goutals besides Sables - some citrus in common with Hadrien and Eau du Sud, some of the greenery from Ninfeo Mio. In effect, it's a scent that speaks right to me like a friend, even if thousands of other people also wear it.

Have to emphasize the mint, though! It has a cooling effect on my sinuses, and in combination with the other natural essences, has a noticeable physiological effect, uplifting and clearing and calming at once. NE is presented as an elegant fragrance, though it feels like a positive aromatherapy experience, not like something from a department store you wear to impress.
25th April, 2016

Add your review of Nuit Etoilée

Shop for Nuit Etoilée products online

Shop for Nuit Etoilée at online perfumeries

Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee by Annick Goutal Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz for ...

End Date: Friday Jan-24-2020 14:57:01 PST

Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee Perfume By ANNICK GOUTAL FOR WOMEN 3.4 oz Eau De P

End Date: Saturday Jan-25-2020 12:05:28 PST
Buy It Now for only: $96.60
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Goutal (Annick Goutal) Nuit Etoilee Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml/3.4oz Mens Cologne

End Date: Saturday Jan-25-2020 16:25:14 PST

ANNICK GOUTAL NUIT ETOILEE EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 100 ML/3.4 FL.OZ. NIB

End Date: Sunday Jan-26-2020 12:25:39 PST
Buy It Now for only: $59.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

ANNICK GOUTAL NUIT ETOILEE FOR WOMEN EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 50 ML/1.7 FL.OZ.

End Date: Sunday Jan-26-2020 12:30:53 PST

Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee EDT Spray By Annick Goutal 3.4 oz-FREE SHIPPING

End Date: Wednesday Jan-29-2020 3:39:20 PST
Buy It Now for only: $98.38
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray by Annick Goutal for Women

End Date: Wednesday Jan-29-2020 5:40:53 PST
Buy It Now for only: $87.99

Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee Women's 1.7oz Eau de Toilette Spray 80% Remaining

$8.70 (1 Bid)
End Date: Wednesday Jan-29-2020 7:19:21 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list

Nuit Etoilee by Annick Goutal 3.4 oz EDT Spray Cologne for Men New In Box Sealed

End Date: Wednesday Jan-29-2020 9:46:18 PST