Perry Ellis Night (2011)

Year of Launch2011

HousePerry Ellis
Parent CompanyFalic Group

About Perry Ellis Night

Perry Ellis Night is a masculine fragrance by Perry Ellis. The scent was launched in 2011

Perry Ellis Night fragrance notes

Reviews of Perry Ellis Night

Lots of citrus. Night opens with a full, broad citrus accord. The accord is not light and sharp as citrus often is, its depth as an accord is aided is by the geranium and cedar. The accord is better than I expectedů non-screechy and more natural than synthetic smelling. Good heart accord. As the fragrance moves to the base, it becomes more generic with its rather anemic and amber-ish, mossy-ish musk. The base accord is not clear and precise; in addition, it could improve in longevity. Not bad.

21st December, 2016
dreese Show all reviews
The first few times I wore this, it seemed to me to be another generic citrus scent, and that the "night" moniker was amiss. During a contemplative moment on a gloomy day when I was wearing it, I took a deep breath and a realization dawned upon me like a lightning bolt; it was a pure moment where a work of art hits home, like getting lost in a Van Gogh painting. During the middle of Night, the citrus retreats beneath a rich, dark, repining cedar and amber blanket laid out under a sensual canopy of bergamot stars in a cloudlit Night sky.
Yes, it is a Night fragrance, and these moments in the middle are sublime.
21st August, 2016 (last edited: 28th August, 2016)
Perry Ellis 'Night' is a very sexy, seductive fragrance that never fails to get me compliments. I bought this completely blind specifically to take on a vacation and was extremely impressed and glad I bought it.

The top notes initially are citrus and spice, with a touch of cedar and slights hints of bergamot. This stuff goes on pretty strong and projects extremely well during this phase.

About an hour later the bergamot, cedar and amber come in and settle and it becomes pure bliss. Very sexy and sophisticated, and smells absolutely amazing. The citrus calms down over the next few hours and it really does create a nighttime evening on the town scent that really does it job.

The base of musk, amber and cedar carries well over the next few hours and just stays with you and on your clothes smelling dark, deep and very sexy. Ladies love this on me, I can't tell you how many women comment on how good this stuff smells.

Longevity is very good as it is with most Perry Ellis fragrances, I'm getting a good 7-8 hours of constant projection from about a dozen sprays. The sillage is extremely good and this stuff really carries well and digs in once you spritz it on.

For the price, you can't find too many other fragrances that smell this good and are of this quality. If you need a solid, reliable evening or nightlife cologne, you can't go wrong with this and you will be the only guy out there wearing this as not too many know about this gem.
04th August, 2016
Quite nice, actually, kinda surprised. Clean and spicy, not sure if "Night" is an appropriate name as it should do just fine in daylight, but whatever. Reminds me of Sauvage, something about that spicy geranium note probably. I sprayed 5-6 times this morning from a sample sprayer. I wouldn't buy a full bottle at this point because I think Sauvage or even MB Legend do this scent better and I own those, but I wouldn't get rid of it either because it is very nice. Actually projects pretty well.
07th July, 2016
I doubt Perry Ellis Night will turn many heads, but it's an interesting enough citrus scent to keep after blind buying. Add odd misnomer to me, that it's citrus-dominant almost definitely means it's not best-suited for night, and certainly not exclusively suited for night. Rather, I enjoy it is a warm weather casual option.

Its opening blast is sharp and pungent, a citrus mix of the sweet blood orange and almost bitter pomelo, and I don't get much evolution out of it. A woody base of cedar and maybe just a hint of amber, Night is mainly dominated by the citrus even a couple hours into wearing. On that subject, its performance isn't anything special, but it's now quite cheap, obtained by me as part of a $20 gift set at Ross featuring a 100ml bottle.

There's something mysterious and intriguing to me about it even though I probably only regard it as an average fragrance at best, but for now there's little harm in keeping it.

5 out of 10
14th June, 2016
Greetings reader, first I have to say.....Wow!

What a surprise, not expecting this.

Great, beautiful and sort of a rollercoaster.
For the prices I see it going for on ebay, it is a "diamond in the rough" type of scent.

Upon initial application and for about the first 2-3 hours I get a deep/dark blood orange non-synthetic aroma. For the first few hours I'm thinking, "didn't they first test wear this before releasing it as a so-called night scent?" For the first 2-3 hours it seems like a Perry Ellis Summer edition for warm bright sunshiny days.

Then it morphs into a more mature gentleman's scent, a little oak-mossy/light musk with hints of a geranium and cedar. That mixture had me thinking tobacco?

Finally the drydown comes down to a simple light musk and citrus concoction, it reminded me of Stetson's Fresh.

We all know smell is subjective, so I can see the previous reviewers walking away with varied thoughts.
To me though it just seems so much deeper and faceted than I was expecting.
03rd July, 2015

Add your review of Perry Ellis Night

Shop for Perry Ellis Night products online

Search Amazon for Perry Ellis Night

Member images of Perry Ellis Night

There are no member images of Perry Ellis Night yet. Why not be the first?