Black Rose Oud (2011)

Black Rose Oud information

Year of Launch2011

HouseTrish McEvoy

About Black Rose Oud

Black Rose Oud is a shared / unisex perfume by Trish McEvoy. The scent was launched in 2011

Black Rose Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of Black Rose Oud

I do not have any fancy reviews to give, but I will say a couple of things:

1. This fragrance is divine and I will eventually buy a bottle or split and;

2. This is the fragrance that all the people from the UAE purchase (about 7-10 bottles at a time), when they come to visit Baltimore because they insist that this is the real thing (oud) and I would imagine they know oud. We have many members of the royal family visit Baltimore due mainly to Hopkins, and they visit often. This fragrance is rarely in stock at my local Nordstrom's. Today, there were only two left.

I love the rose and oud combination, and enjoy many variations, but this one is quite special - I am not eloquent and educated enough yet to speak the language that could adequately describe the story of this scent, but I feel as though I have met a tall, dark handsome man in a candle-lit cafe somewhere in Southern Spain, and we are planning a luxurious trip to exotic places I've never experienced before.
16th January, 2015 (last edited: 18th January, 2015)
A nice dark jammy rose perfume that mixes its roses with a dark patchouli and a sweet strawberry candy smell. This is then overlaid with a huge glob of saffron. Upfront saffron always smells to me like a black leather motorcycle jacket, so the image I get from Black Rose Oud is that of leather soaked with a dark rose perfume like Portrait Of A Lady. Given time, the whole thing comes together to smell kind of chocolatey, like some sort of chocoalte/berry/rose flavored salt water taffy. I think it works as a unisex if you're comfortable with scents like Black Aoud.

This never develops the medicinal, rubbery, or fecal facets that I associate with oud, so I honestly think this was designed to appeal to oud fans without having any actual oud in it. But, thanks mainly to the patchouli and the saffron, it maintains a very dark, gothic feeling all day that's unconventional (especially for a designer release) but never too crazy, as long as you're comfortable in leathery saffron, though I can honestly see many mainstream non-perfumistas smelling this and thinking it's gross.
29th April, 2012
Big rose followed not by anything that I recognize as oud but rather something that is much more akin to saffron. In fact, the fragrance as a whole smells just like Persian saffron rice pudding, which is a delicious dessert—it is made with rice, sugar, rose water (i.e., rose hydrosol), and saffron. The whole thing comes out yellow when cooked, and it is usually decorated with pistachio shavings and ground cinnamon. Good to eat, but I do not want to smell this all day long.

If you want a true and far superior dark rose perfume, try L’Artisan Parfumeur’s Voleur de Roses.

If you want a true and far superior oud perfume, try Le Labo’s Oud 27.
04th April, 2012

Add your review of Black Rose Oud

Shop for Black Rose Oud products online

Search Amazon for Black Rose Oud

Member images of Black Rose Oud

There are no member images of Black Rose Oud yet. Why not be the first?