Vetyver Incenso (2012)
    by Farmacia SS. Annunziata

Average Rating:

Vetyver Incenso Fragrance Notes

Vetyver Incenso information

Vetyver Incenso is a men's fragrance by Farmacia SS. Annunziata. The scent was launched in 2012

Reviews of Vetyver Incenso

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar

A tobacco-amber take on vetiver with a light, silky floral breeze, pleasant and massively artificial (all that ambery-incense-woody stuff is clearly mostly Iso E, ambrox dl, ambroxan and the likes - not to say it smells bad: it's just a plain, uninspired and generic way to "depict" those notes). There is a bold salty note which gives the composition a peculiar and pleasant sort of mineral, aqueous feel. Now, coming to the vetiver: decent, waxy-rubbery, as in many mid-low quality vetiver scents (like Encre Noire, etc.). I agree on the similarity with Terre d'Hermès, especially on the drydown, although here there is more vetiver and that salty note (the king of Terre d'Hermès' rip-offs is Vento di Fiori by Bois 1920 – that's hilariously identical). Decent and negligible, the price is almost an insult to customers' intelligence.

5,5-6/10

28th June, 2014

Darvant's avatar

Absolutely beautiful. Despite citrus, pepper and hesperides the opening is by soon incredibly smooth, spicy, musky, softly incensey and balmy/lemony, irresistible for quality, full of nuances (peppery, incensey, gingery, lemon/vetiver coloured and ambery). I agree with Dienase, Vetyver Incenso is basically another beast in comparison with TdH, it is far more complex, natural, elaborated and finally smoother, velvety and enveloping. I detect a sort of balmy lemon/ginger/incense/amber wonderful characteristic accord which provides a soft, resinous and velvety swirl that is less cedary, less properly dusty and rooty/herbal. The dry down projects a soft and resinous blend of smooth lemon/vetiver, soft musk and creamy/resinous incense. Vetyver Incenso is a subtle, boise and almost creamy aromatic incense (with an almost suede veined trail) and not properly a dry woody/spicy concoction which basically TdH is. The deep mossy dry down is closer to Eau Sauvage Parfum or Extreme New/Intense (in a far more complex and natural way) than to the drier (more fluidy) and spicier TdH.

14th April, 2014

DieNase's avatar

My first review on basenotes *g*
    Well, I own a decant of this scent. Have tried it a couple of times but haven't given it a full wearing yet. My first impression was also "Terre d'Hermès". However when trying it more thouroughly I can see lots of differences. I do smell the incense here - I don't get any incense at all in TdH.
    I don't get the green and salty notes that I get in TdH pure perfume. I don't get the flintstone from TdH EdT. I don't get Iso E Super in this one.
    Then the citric notes are different - probably due to the ginger notes.
    Vetyver incenso is not as loud as Terre d'Hermès. In the drydown I do get greenish notes of vetiveryl acetate, which I don't get in TdH. They blend extremely well with the incense.
    Overall, I think vetyver incenso is the more elaborated and sophisticated of the two. Definitely worth a try.
    If it is worth the extra price tag is up to you. I got a decant for a good price, bought blind, so that's ok.
    Don't judge this scent by the first impression. Give it the chance to dry down for a couple of hours and you'll see that it is NOT a copy of Terre d'Hermès!

01st July, 2012 (Last Edited: 02nd July, 2012)

alfarom's avatar

When I heard of this release I couldn't contain my excitement. Vetiver and incense together sounded like heaven. I started to fantasize about a stark, rooty/resiny/mossy concoction of woods but...

What a big letdown. Vetyver Incenso is Terre D'Hermes, no more no less. Would you pay 280 euros for Terre? Smells fine but it's a total rip-off. Get the original.

07th May, 2012