Topaz (2011)
    by Leiber

Topaz Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Topaz

Showing 1 to of 1 reviews.

Ms Rochambeau's avatar
    Ms Rochambeau

As I type this I'm wearing Judith Leiber's Topaz on one wrist and Tom Ford's Violet Blond on the other wrist. When I first spritzed Topaz on today in TJ Maxx it felt familiar. When I got home I headed straight for Violet blond. Not that they're exactly alike, but they are very similar in the opening. What ties them together the most is the note of violet leaves and patchouli, which are prominent notes in both, especially at the opening. However, where Violet Blond maintains an overall tone of leathery synthetic violet, Topaz starts to become smoky with hints of tobacco, then dries down to boozy woods with honey. To me, Violet Blond remains icy and aloof throughout, while Topaz becomes increasingly warmer and sweeter as it dries down. Although they start out very close the two scents are very different in the end. While Topaz is nice, I don't feel that it pushed the envelop as far as it could have (should have highlighted the smoky/tobacco notes more) and as things start to really get good in the dry down, the scent fades out fast. The bottle, which features beautiful glass rhinestones was allowed to upstage the scent, and for these reasons, I'm giving it a neutral rating.

UPDATE: After wearing this for several days in a row, I still have to say that the I wish the envelop would have been pushed a little more when it comes to the smoky notes and I wish the dry down was longer and stronger, but when it quiets down and becomes a skin scent, this is very beautiful and sexy and I believe both men and women would think so. I've been enjoying it very much, so I'm changing my rating to a thumbs up.

21st December, 2012 (Last Edited: 29 December, 2012)

Add your review of Topaz