Ambre Premier (2011)

HouseJovoy
PerfumerMichele Saramito
SupplierRobertet

About Ambre Premier

Ambre Premier is a shared / unisex perfume by Jovoy. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Michele Saramito

Ambre Premier fragrance notes

Reviews of Ambre Premier

A very nice take on amber IMO. The rose keeps this from being a beast amber. The rose and amber seem to fight for position. I enjoy every moment of this battle. The vanilla and patchouli play a nice background in this gem. Seems like this can be worn in warm weather without being a cloy monster. 8/10
06th October, 2015
After sampling this fragrance several times, I confidently purchased a 100 ml bottle of Jovoy "Ambre Premier." Thought I (perhaps) found ONE ADDITIONAL dark, exotic, slightly floral, complex, enigmatic, earthy fragrance I could actually wear on a fairly regular basis...and love. Could it be???

Uhhhhh...yeah...no. I think I was wrong! What happened????

Feeling a bit excited when I first experienced this fragrance, I thought I found a "new favorite," a new "signature scent." Hoping this was the "Holy Grail" to add to my very limited wardrobe of much beloved perfumes...Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur and Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile, to name two...I eagerly anticipated the arrival of my purchase. Gosh, I applied a sample of this concoction several weeks back and I loved it...loved it more and more with each passing moment! Thought this was a beautiful fragrance.

I am not a perfume expert by any means; however with my sample I experienced what I thought was a perfect and precise blend & combination of scents and notes, which made me fall in love with Ambre Premier. The notion of "beautifully blended" kept coming to mind as I wrote my initial review. Amber, citrus, smoke, incense, patchouli, vanilla, rose, woods...loved it all!

Surprisingly, my full decant of this fragrance opened with the STRONGEST boozy, spicy and fruity notes I'd ever imagined...fruit? Following an opening that I (originally) thought set the stage for the "best is yet to come," the intense opening notes seemed to last forever. After the initial almost harsh opening, the sweetest (almost cloying) scent of amber began to build...and unlike my sample, the amber built & built & built and built. By and large, I am NOT a big fan of predominant amber scents; however I do love amber when the right amount blends and balances with other exotic notes.

Unfortunately, the amber never pleasantly matched (as I previously experienced) with dark, dreamy vintage rose along with hints of patchouli & smoke. At one point, I thought I detected a wee-bit of rose but only as a mid-note...fleetingly, the rose was gone. Sadly, after loving the blend of notes and scents during my sampling, the amber notes (matched with a wee-bit of vanilla accord) just never seemed to balance out...or go away.

Again, I am NOT a huge fan of singular or predominant or solo scented perfumes...not at all. And I REALLY dislike solo amber fragrances, I really do. Feeling perplexed, I cannot fathom what went wrong. What happened to the complexly blended fragrance of Ambre Premier that I originally experienced?

In all fairness, I DID wear this perfume after a day of experiencing a sample of Frederic Malle "Portrait of a Lady." Did that sully the water, er...I mean the fragrance of Ambre Premier? Did I get jaded so quickly?

Eerily reminiscent of my experience with Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe...uggggh! Very similar fragrances, IMHO.

For $200.00, this is sadly another sell on eBay.
26th February, 2015 (last edited: 07th March, 2015)
Sweet, fresh, clean and pleasant amber opening with a sprinkle of refreshing citruses – my first thought was: nice, kudos for the attempt of making a "spring-summer" amber. Vanillin-rose base with powdery cocoa accents - the sweet side of patchouli, enhanced by vanillin. Spicy echoes. Close projection. And... I don't know, something "wrong", some plain clean synthetic feel I don't get and I don't like. Smells like the dull and untalented sister of Ambre Precieux. It is safe and wearable at also fairly pleasant, but still it does not smell right to me. Really short persistency, I could barely write my review and it's gone already (got Ambre Fetiche on my other wrist and still there burning and flaming!). Overall a bit better than other Jovoy's, but still I am afraid another "meh..." to me for this house.

06th April, 2014 (last edited: 12th April, 2014)
A very simple Amber fragrance for those who may be seeking the ultimate amber scent. Ambre Premier literally open with Rose, has Patchouli in the heart and then dries down to Amber and Vanilla. All in all, you can 'taste' each note one after another. The patchouli is responsible for taming the Amber down. Vanilla gives sweetness and the Rose provides some aroma.
A bit too much for me, but I can see this appealing to others a lot. Amber is a popular note that I have never liked particularly much, but it gets a lot of love by others.
Totally recommend this if you are on the hunt for an amber-dominant scent.
09th January, 2014
Head: fresh and spicy. Heart: Floral rose. Base: Patchouli, amber, vanilla. We're told to expect cotton candy on first sniff. Uh-oh. Sniff. All right, my nose is happy! It's not a matter of whether I love this lovely thing, just how much. In its delicate, brilliant aroma, I can almost smell Hénin's years in Viet Nam. Was it the pre--or-post-War years, was he there for IndoChine or Ho Chi Minh's Viet Nam? Did he sleep in colonial hotels -- the Majestic, the Continental -- visit rice paddies, the Mekong Delta, the 99 peaks of the Hồng Lĩnh mountains and absorb the aromatic bounty, did he sail on junks through Halong Bay? I planned a then cancelled a trip to Viet NAM when Tokyo's nuclear plants went caput, but I'd already studied the country and fallen in love, read its national epic poem, The Tale of Kiều (anybody who did would have known not to bother invading these resilient people). Must read more about Hénin. For now, I won't be surprised to adore every single one of his perfumes, recreations or otherwise.
22nd December, 2013
drseid Show all reviews
Amber All The Time...

Ambre Premier opens with a relatively dull spiced orange citrus with an early taste of the much more substantial amber to come. As the fragrance enters its early heart the relatively sweet amber builds in intensity until it is easily the star of the fragrance now supported by the remnants of the early mild spice and dark warm rose. As the development reaches the late dry-down the amber remains the star, with the dark rose and dull spice dissipating but never completely fading. Fairly sanitized patchouli joins the quite linear progression late, giving a slightly earthy vibe to the amber through the end. Projection is above average and longevity is outstanding at just over 12 hours on skin.

Ambre Premier is a pretty linear fragrance as so many others in the amber genre tend to be. It is pretty much amber early, amber late and amber in-between. The solely starring amber is somewhat sweet, but never close to being cloying. The mild supporting spices used are extremely well-blended, as picking out individual notes is near impossible (to this reviewer at least). The rose that plays a key supporting role as the fragrance reaches its heart is not the kind of floral rose you expect would stand out, but rather a warm, blunted kind that is clearly meant to provide additional warmth to the amber rather than call attention to its typical floral aspects. The bottom line is this is a very good 3.5 star out of 5 amber composition that achieves its objective; but its linear nature and near sole amber focus just does not set it apart from other equally (and some even more) competent amber compositions on the market for similar or less money than its $180 per bottle price tag. Recommended to amber composition lovers for at least a sniff.

Pros: Lives up to its amber billing and is well-made with outstanding longevity.
Cons: Nothing except longevity to really set it apart from the competition.

29th May, 2013

Jovoy Paris Ambre Premier

End Date: Tuesday Apr-16-2019 12:33:15 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $130.00

Member images of Ambre Premier

There are no member images of Ambre Premier yet. Why not be the first?