Dead of Winter (2011)

AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseSmell Bent
PerfumerBrent Leonesio

About Dead of Winter

Dead of Winter is a shared / unisex perfume by Smell Bent. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Brent Leonesio

Dead of Winter fragrance notes

Reviews of Dead of Winter

I am a big fan of the Smell Bent line and so was happy to give this seasonal release a whirl (I tested the perfume oil). The licorice/anise note was super strong in my vial but quite mellow on my skin, even from the get go. After an hour or so, the anise was all but gone and "One" remained. One is another Smell Bent fragrance and smells of dusty paper, vanilla, and musk. I adore One and so enjoyed this "without anise" phase of Dead of Winter. The dust/vanilla/musk phase remained the same scent but decreased in strength from hour one to ten. To my nose, the scent did not really evolve or change much.

Respectfully, I part company a bit with silentrich in that I do not smell anything particularly sweet (could be the oil vs EDT/EDP experience). I also question whether I would reach for Dead of Winter if I wanted an anise fix. I don't think it would, as the anise is fairly fleeting on my skin. Rather, since I already own One and Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin (in which the anise remains for several hours), I would probably choose to layer the two to achieve a longer-lasting anise experience than found in Dead of Winter. However, if you don't own One or LLAM, and you enjoy anise, musk, vanilla, and "dust" (apparently from the cedar and heliotrope), I strongly recommend you give Dead of Winter a try.
24th January, 2013
Smells like a licorice and vanilla candy. Very very sweet fragrance. If your a fan of anise you might enjoy this.If your enjoy Lolita Lempicka Eau Masculin then this would be highly recommended. I personally didn't care for it, but it is a step above the designer anise offerings.
02nd December, 2012

Add your review of Dead of Winter

Shop for Dead of Winter products online

Smell Bent DEAD OF WINTER 5ml Unisex Perfume Sample Niche STAR ANISE VANILLA

End Date: Saturday Mar-30-2019 8:57:34 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $12.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Dead of Winter

There are no member images of Dead of Winter yet. Why not be the first?