Classic Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Classic

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.

jcav422's avatar
    jcav422

Classic is a very unique scent, different from the other five fragrances in BBW's mens collection. I'm very disappointed it's been discontinued. This is probably due to the fact that it did not sell as well as their big hit Ocean or Twilight Woods For Men. Anyway, I tried the shower gel, body lotion, and body spray in this scent before the cologne spray. I came across the cologne for 75% off at their most recent semi-annual sale and grabbed two for $7 and some change a piece! what a bargain! anyway into the scent.

It starts off very fresh and clean. the cardamom really comes out and there is a fruit note, which smells more like pear than apple to my nose. The bourbon also provides a punch.

Once the fragrance dries for about 45 minutes, this delves into a spicy sweet scent. The different types of pepper blend to create a musk scent while the sandalwood stays in the background.

When the scent dries for over 2 hours, it turns into a deep vanilla scent. I love how this smells. It is a very masculine vanilla that collides with some more sandalwood.

Overall, this fragrance is great! It shifts from fresh to spicy to warm and woody. If you can get your hands on this, I would.

As for longevity, on my skin it lasted 7 hours, which is pretty good for a cologne that was $29.50 originally.

I personally use two sprays on the neck, one on an arm, two on my chest, and one on my back.

08 July, 2012

Possum-Pie's avatar
    Possum-Pie

First the Bourbon hits you, sort of tobacco scent as well. overall warm scent. Inexpensive, doesn't last all day, but longer than many cheap colognes. This is a good example of how a 'discount' fragrance by a company like Bath & Body is utterly ignored by the "sophisticated" fragrance lovers,so drifts, ignored, into non-production. I am glad I got a full bottle before it was discontinued. I guarantee if I decanted it into a sample vial and touted it as the new "Tom Ford" fragrance, it would get noticed and liked. Alas, it isn't so. I get more compliments from this than from many other fragrances.

10th June, 2012 (Last Edited: 20th January, 2013)

Add your review of Classic