Villain for Men (2011)

Year of Launch2011

HouseEd Hardy [Christian Audigier]
PerfumerAdriana Medina

About Villain for Men

Villain for Men is a masculine fragrance by Ed Hardy [Christian Audigier]. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Adriana Medina

Reviews of Villain for Men

I was expecting more from this. Villain is a nice citrus, sort of lemon/lime/orange. But that's about it. Longevity is only OK. Nothing special.
22nd January, 2014
I really jumped to conclusions too fast with Villain. Ed Hardy Villain is a very nice gourmand, similar to The One, but with more power. Where as The One is more oriental, Villain is certainly more gourmand.

Villain reminds me of several fragrances. Versace Blue Jeans, Mandarina Duck Black, Samba Kiss Me, The One. Up top, I get this creamy lemon/apple pie note, with crust and all. Very gourmand and very sweet. 2 hours later - by the base, I basically just get amber, along with some sweetness there, smells something like vanilla, but not quite.. maybe more of a benzoin type note. There's a little spice there, but there's definitley a noticeable nutmeg note, which contributes to its whole "lemon/apple pie" thing going on. I do enjoy the smell, but this is very easy to over-apply, which, in my case, contributed to my hatred for this scent at one time, as I found it sickly sweet, and overly cloying. I'm not a big fan of amber, but it's actually quite nice in Villain's dry down; though it's gone within a couple hours.

For me, designer fragrances with amber (especially of the gourmand genre) are hit or miss, usually miss. Villain is a hit for me. A lot of it is its cheap price tag too. I got a 1 oz bottle for 10 bucks shipped. 1 oz of this will last me a long time, with my large collection. I don't reach for it very often, but I did use up my .25 oz mini bottle, so I felt buying another small one was justifiable.

As for my rating.. I am teetering between neutral and thumbs up. The first time I reviewed this, it was thumbs down, but my opinion has changed significantly. Villain is a nice, safe gourmand, although nothing really special. However, I would be lying if I said it wasn't a good solid fragrance. One thumbs up, but definitley not 2.
10th December, 2013 (last edited: 26th March, 2014)
Not my favorite by a long shot but it does smell sexy!
19th March, 2013
Tony T Show all reviews
VERY WEAK IN COMPOSITION, as with most ed hardy's. top and base notes are solid and withold their intergreity but base notes are nowhere to be found. the whole line is marketed toward the 25 and under skinny jeans type so go figure..
19th January, 2013
I don't get the similarities to D&G The One. Villian is an odd sweet herbal concoction that smells very similar to Versace Blue Jeans. The problem with Villian is smells extremely chemical synthetic which ruins the whole experience. It's not a pleasure to smell or wear. I normally try to find some redeeming qualities in a fragrance, but this is just utter crap.
02nd December, 2012
MikeJ Show all reviews
Take D&G The One, make it synthetic, then sweeten it a bit, and finally, make it less tropical. That is essentially what you will get from Villain.
This particular fragrance can be had for $20-32 for a 4.2 OZ. At that price, it is a nice alternative to D&G The One, which still runs for around $50.
The opening starts off semi-spicy with a bit of amber. As it dries down it becomes sweeter (not sickly sweet) and pleasant.
I gave it a thumbs up mainly because of the price. Perfect for college students, or anyone on a budget who is looking for something similar, but not quite the same as D&G's The One
27th November, 2012

Add your review of Villain for Men

Shop for Villain for Men products online

Shop for Villain for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Villain for Men

Member images of Villain for Men

There are no member images of Villain for Men yet. Why not be the first?